Prospect Info: Lukas Rousek, LW, 160th overall, 2019 -- Recalled 3/6

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Actually reading (bare in mind, translation is iffy), reads more like 'Team x will pursue Rousek', rather than 'Rousek wants to go there'.

Seems different than R2 stories last year.

Yeah, I read it too and it's more their interest. Still, I want the King of Prague leading the Czech Mafia into Buffalo's lineup, not catching him in some NL feed.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
More like Rousek would like a better than ELC level of AHL money.
Frankly, he should get it. Being first callup as a NA rookie on a teammin the playoff hunt and not looking out of place should get him the vaunted 1st year two way, 2nd year one way contract.

I could see them pulling the 2 year deal, 1st year 2-way, 2nd year 1-way structure for him.
Oops, should have scrolled up. Ah well, great minds...

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
, he should get it. Being first callup as a NA rookie on a teammin the playoff hunt and not looking out of place should get him the vaunted 1st year two way, 2nd year one way contract.
It's also possible they want to offer him the Biro contract. 1st year two way at $125K, 2nd year two way $300K.

Like others have stated though, he has the added negotiating power of going back to Europe. It didn't seem like they wanted to give R2 a one way contract, so we will see with Rousek.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Frankly, he should get it. Being first callup as a NA rookie on a teammin the playoff hunt and not looking out of place should get him the vaunted 1st year two way, 2nd year one way contract.

Oops, should have scrolled up. Ah well, great minds...

He’s in his second year in North America. He spent almost the entirety of last season on the Sabres roster. He was injured so they couldn’t send him to Rochester.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The King of Prague: "I don't care where I play, I play to have fun, I play for my teammates."

Cool interview up to the very last comment - "I hope to still be here, but we will see this summer."

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

The King of Prague: "I don't care where I play, I play to have fun, I play for my teammates."

Cool interview up to the very last comment - "I hope to still be here, but we will see this summer."

oof. i don't like that. i want him in Buffalo next year.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Who is injured? Tuch?
It could be as simple as going 14-7-2 like normal teams. Biro took Comrie's spot, Rousek is taking Benson's spot. Biro and Rousek were probably the last two cuts in camp anyways, outplaying Kulich/Rosen, so why not reward them with NHL spots while they have the roster space to do so.

What will really be interesting is seeing whether they stick when Savoie's conditioning stint is over.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Appert talking about how Rousek has a high-end offensive mind but that his other habits off-puck and defensively make him ready.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad