Recalled/Assigned: Lukas Reichel to Taxi Squad

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Imagine giving up on the next Kris Letang
I would love it if that happened, but so far he hasn't even proven himself to be the AHL version or Letang. And he hasn't proven he's an NHL talent at all.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
71D678D3-D836-4A77-AD95-8735D1CD06B7.jpeg

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I think it's great that he has Strome and Kane to protect him from the rough stuff;)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Don't really see the point. It's not like he's going to turn the season around.

I feel like there's more risk of stunting his development by bringing him up too early and poisoning him with a losing culture than there is any potential benefit to him or the team.

Just bring him up in training camp next season.
You could say that about any kid.
There is no harm in giving Reichel a look at this point but yeah, if he shows any indication of being in over his head with Hawks, he needs to go back... and sooner rather than later. Based on what I have witnessed from this kid, I don't expect that to happen.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
This isn't your typical 19 year old coming out of juniors or college. He already played a year with pros in Germany.
exactly, he has been playing against men for a number of years already, that said they better be really certain about burning a year...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Don't really see the point. It's not like he's going to turn the season around.

I feel like there's more risk of stunting his development by bringing him up too early and poisoning him with a losing culture than there is any potential benefit to him or the team.

Just bring him up in training camp next season.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Pope: "He'll play a few games, then go back to Rockford. Hawks don't want to rush him; just want to give him a taste."

It's a good idea to give a promising kid a taste of what he'll be up against in the NHL.... but I won't be surprised if Reichel plays well enough to make it difficult for Hawks to send him back down.
He really can’t be worse than Strome, Borgstrom or whatever garbage is on the bottom line normally.

Last edited:
Reactions: scorehawks

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
If he's ready for the NHL, he's ready for the NHL. He's kicking the shit out of the AHL, so let's see.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Hell yeah, with Kaner straight away. I really want to see if they can develop chemistry straight away. I always wanted to see Kane with a Barzal like faster center who's really smart and a quick decision maker (ie Lukas).
From “first liner/star” to a “Barzal like” center. It’s really good to see everyone tempering expectations for this kid before he plays a game in the NHL.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Imagine giving up on the next Kris Letang

letang was an instant all star in the NHL and a three time Stanley cup champion. Mitchell will be at best a Steven Kampfer, a constant NHL fringe d man and nothing more. Unfortunately, I think we all hoped for more

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
letang was an instant all star in the NHL and a three time Stanley cup champion. Mitchell will be at best a Steven Kampfer, a constant NHL fringe d man and nothing more. Unfortunately, I think we all hoped for more
Instant?

He was in the league for 3 full seasons before he was an all star.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Style wise. I thought that much was clear...
Sorry, didn’t mean to call you out. It just seems like the overhyping of young players has become an issue over the last few years.

I’m guessing a lot of it has to do with a franchise that is lacking so much young talent.

It seems like this really started a few years back with the old assclown GM hyping every young kid like he’s the next Letang. Now it just seems constant.

We don’t know what Reichel will be, but the reality is most franchises have multiple prospects of his caliber waiting to break in. The Hawks have one and we’re all desperate for him to hit.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Sorry, didn’t mean to call you out. It just seems like the overhyping of young players has become an issue over the last few years.

I’m guessing a lot of it has to do with a franchise that is lacking so much young talent.

It seems like this really started a few years back with the old assclown GM hyping every young kid like he’s the next Letang. Now it just seems constant.

We don’t know what Reichel will be, but the reality is most franchises have multiple prospects of his caliber waiting to break in. The Hawks have one and we’re all desperate for him to hit.

It's ok, I could've worded it better to be fair.

I think most on message boards overhype the prospects anyway. Just comes with the nature of these things.

Not fair to the kids, but not like they read these anyway :laugh:

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

You nailed it.

So much is riding on Kirby Dach and Reichel.

It's incredibly damaging to the Hawks if neither hit(and by hit I mean become at least solid 2nd liners)

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I heard the kid looked decent----good speed, had a few shots....didn't look out of place----which isn't saying much against the Habs, but they still took it to us in the 2nd period based on SOG.....saw some comments about him not shooting and looking for Kaner...but that's to be expected unless your Brett Hull or Steve Stamkos in their 1st game:).....thoughts about his play from those who observed?

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
He did fine for his first game. Had a few chances that he generated himself. Kinda seemed like he was more so focused on not getting in the way, rather than playing aggressively. First game, it's to be expected. Effortless speed and looks like he has a quick release and a hard shot. Excited to watch him play again.

Reactions: jls24

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
i get that they don't want to rush him but unless there is some elc considerations going on then why are they not giving him a chance to showcase whether he should stay or not, why make a predetermined decision unless they already know the areas they still want him to work on and they just don't want to make them public

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
He did fine for his first game. Had a few chances that he generated himself. Kinda seemed like he was more so focused on not getting in the way, rather than playing aggressively. First game, it's to be expected. Effortless speed and looks like he has a quick release and a hard shot. Excited to watch him play again.
This really stood out to me. The puck absolutely jumps off his stick.

HawkeyLife07

Dec 23, 2010
I thought he looked great last night. "Spry" would be the word - when the puck hit his stick, I found he looked shot out of a cannon when he made his first move.

He had some Kirby Dach-itis where he was afraid to shoot the puck and always looked to defer to pass, specifically when generating with Kane. Not sure what is is about our young guys recently and being gunshy to shoot...

If he can be more assertive in that front (same as Dach) he could be special.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad