Recalled/Assigned: Lukas Reichel to Taxi Squad

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
I woulda waited at least another week to see if he can stretch this hot streak out a lil longer… but happy for the kid. I’m sure he’s already got a belly full of schnitzel somewhere in the city.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Not a big deal to let him get a taste of the show. If he struggles and they keep him up that’s a different story. It will be interesting to see where they slot him in.

If I remember correctly from his draft he was highly touted for being able to get a lot of shots in high danger areas. Not sure how much he’s doing that in Rockford but it’s something the Hawks seem to be allergic to. Hopefully he can help in that department.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Not a big deal to let him get a taste of the show. If he struggles and they keep him up that’s a different story. It will be interesting to see where they slot him in.

If I remember correctly from his draft he was highly touted for being able to get a lot of shots in high danger areas. Not sure how much he’s doing that in Rockford but it’s something the Hawks seem to be allergic to. Hopefully he can help in that department.
Dach would probably benefit from watching someone shoot ... anywhere.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
My preference is for a player to get a chance to struggle and then overcome that struggle before challenging them w a higher level. Confidence is so much in any sport. Not a fan of this; seems like desperation.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
27EF9F81-7045-41E0-A9D6-E288DBE18297.jpeg

Poor kid getting stuck with shitty strome

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The Hawks need more offense. It can't hurt to see what he can do in the NHL. He's proven himself everywhere he's played so far.

This is one of the main reasons I don't like it. I don't like the idea of a desperate team relying on him to help its struggling offense.

I'd rather wait until he can actually step into a situation that will help his development, not into one where he's under a bunch of pressure.

I mean, look at the lines in practice. They already have him in the de facto 1C role, they're not going to ease him in.

This is a broken team, and I'd rather he not be tainted by it. But it's not my decision and I can't control it, so oh well.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
He's been great in the games played. He deserves a taste and we all knew he would get one at some point this season. It's whether or not they keep him up too long if he's struggling that could be a problem, but that hasn't come to fruition yet.

As others have said, he's more ready than most prospects his age due to his time playing in the German men's league. The physical element of the game won't be a surprise to him.

And lastly....Musto's favorite Dawson Mercer has been just fine for the Devils this season, without the benefit of playing against men prior.

Excited to see how Reichel does.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
27ef9f81-7045-41e0-a9d6-e288dbe18297-jpeg.497798

Reichel will be the fastest, best along boards, most defensively responsible, and hardest working player on that line.

Edit: When sarcasm is not sarcasm?

Reactions: Pez68 and Pertti

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
King's saying he'll get a taste and then likely be sent back down to Rockford.

I don't hate that. Let him be aware of the level that he needs to play at, and then allow him to continue to develop in Rockford, knowing where he needs to improve on.

Reactions: Giovi and Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Do nit think itvis tge right combo..

Woukd have ratger seen hom centering Kubalik and Kurashev.....better skatersxwho can keep up with him and create dangerous rushes.

Strome too slow...Kane hardly moves fast tgese days.. eitger moping or injured...butccertainly not displaying speed and agility control he had in the past...

This puts a lit ofcorssure on Reichel to get Kane going as a star Gain...

Also takes Strime away from his improved face-off work unless tgey want hom...not Reichek to take draws then immediately resume LW position.

But if Kane doesn't his usual stop at jalf-walk and cross -ice pass...notcsure tgat is goibg to help Reichek shone...ratger with his speed I prefer Reichek attacks uo the middle on fast rushes and either gets shots off himself his own rush or dishes to a streaking Kubalik or Kurashev whovare fast enough to actualky keep up with him...I fear Kabe abd Strinexare exactly the combo to use with him.

Besides ...Kabe is a disaster checking Nybody in neutral or d-zobe so that coukd resukt in negative pkus/minus forcthe line...that coukd eride Reichel's confidence and ability to imoact as a differenxe-maker.

I know many will think ....if Reichel cannotcscore much on alk tge copious and brilliant set-uos Kabe SHOULD be providing hom,then Reichek is not ready or bust..

However tge fact us Kane has notcreakky bern providing anyone with copious brilliant set up for a long time now this season..

So ratger than tge top brass thinking putting hom with Kane will make Reichek shone,it probably is the otgercway:

Tgey see Kabe way off form...tgey Hope...Rsichek will be tge catalyst and miracle worker to bring Kane back to top form Hain..so tgat he (Kabe( score goals again..and pikes up multi-assist games...not "just 1 apple and he is finished 'wirj" for his oay level tgat njght).

Tge presdurevis on Reichel tk re-store and re-vive a pretty deL-lookubg Kabe ratger tgan Kane has oresdurexto help Reichel shine .

If Kabe keeps picking up the munuses at Even ,tgen that will Not be making a new shiny star of Reichel.

I just think this line combo is wrong...for the reasons given above.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Don't really see the point. It's not like he's going to turn the season around.

I feel like there's more risk of stunting his development by bringing him up too early and poisoning him with a losing culture than there is any potential benefit to him or the team.

Just bring him up in training camp next season.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Interesting that they put Reichel in a position to succeed, but not Mitchell or even Beaudin.

Weird to see which prospects they prioritize over others.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Interesting that they put Reichel in a position to succeed, but not Mitchell or even Beaudin.

Weird to see which prospects they prioritize over others.
Mitchell is a bust, get over yourself. His skating is bad and he’s easy to push off the puck. At age 23, that’s not going to cut it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad