LT's Auction Game - Discussion

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If you would like to see your submitted bids, PM me or DM me on Discord. Happy to send you a screenshot of your bids.

Reactions: 506

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I am planning to close the form around 7:30 PM EDT (30 minutes before the winners are released).

Reactions: 506

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Current team breakdown:

1692231530624.png

Attachments

• 1692231428646.png
    1692231428646.png
    41 KB · Views: 3

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Rules
- Each day a grouping of players will be released around 8pm EST. You will have 24 hours to PM me your offers for each player (nothing else besides the highest money matters). Each player will sign to the highest bidder at the end of the 24 hours, at which time the next grouping will be released.

- There will be 10 days worth of bidding for each GM to build their 20 man roster (12F, 6D, 2G), followed by voting. Each day will have on average 2 players per team.

- The objective is to build the best team for the 2023-24 season.

- Salary cap: $100,000,000 (100M)

- You can bid on as many players as you want but you are stuck with whoever you bid highest on.

- Minimum bid: $1,000,000 (1M)

- Bids must be made in $100,000 (100K) increments

- You may increase your bids TWICE per day (for a total of three submitted bids). After your third bid submission of the day, I will not accept anymore increased bids until the next day.

- You cannot decrease a bid once it has been submitted.

- Players who receive no bids will simply roll over and be added to the next day.

- If you bid on too many players and are over the cap, you are allowed to drop anyone you want in the end. HOWEVER, 75% of the contract for the player you dropped will remain on your payroll, so don't just bid on everyone and think you can just dump whoever you want conveniently later. You can only drop a maximum of THREE players.

- Ties:
In the event of a tied bid, I will ask each person involved in the tie what is the maximum bid they are willing to do. Whoever re-bids higher will get the player. Each person in the re-bid will have the 24 hours to re-bid on that player, but the player will sign as soon as all people involved reply. If neither person involved in the tie bid is willing to up their offer at all, I will flip a coin.

NOTE: Not every player in the NHL will be available in this draft - since we aren't operating with a full 32 teams here and want to create competitive bidding and cap management. Pretty well every top-6 F, top-4 D or starting goalie will be available, but there will be a lot of the middle of the roster type of players that won't be.

*all rules are subject to change*
*my discretion will be used as needed*

Shoutout to m0pe for drafting the original ruleset!

I am not over the cap, but I have a full roster. Am I allowed to drop players, and if so would I be able to continue to bid in the main pool of players?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I am not over the cap, but I have a full roster. Am I allowed to drop players, and if so would I be able to continue to bid in the main pool of players?
Well you’re at 23 players according to LT so you’d drop 3 which is max allowed to be bought out. Not sure how you’d be able to bid unless the rules are flexible

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Well you’re at 23 players according to LT so you’d drop 3 which is max allowed to be bought out. Not sure how you’d be able to bid unless the rules are flexible
23? I’m pretty sure I’m at 20 since the other 3 were ties that I automatically lost

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Yes, you can drop up to 3 players and continue to bid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad