LT's Auction Game - Discussion

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Rules
- Each day a grouping of players will be released around 8pm EST. You will have 24 hours to PM me your offers for each player (nothing else besides the highest money matters). Each player will sign to the highest bidder at the end of the 24 hours, at which time the next grouping will be released.

- There will be 10 days worth of bidding for each GM to build their 20 man roster (12F, 6D, 2G), followed by voting. Each day will have on average 2 players per team.

- The objective is to build the best team for the 2023-24 season.

- Salary cap: $100,000,000 (100M)

- You can bid on as many players as you want but you are stuck with whoever you bid highest on.

- Minimum bid: $1,000,000 (1M)

- Bids must be made in $100,000 (100K) increments

- You may increase your bids TWICE per day (for a total of three submitted bids). After your third bid submission of the day, I will not accept anymore increased bids until the next day.

- You cannot decrease a bid once it has been submitted.

- Players who receive no bids will simply roll over and be added to the next day.

- If you bid on too many players and are over the cap, you are allowed to drop anyone you want in the end. HOWEVER, 75% of the contract for the player you dropped will remain on your payroll, so don't just bid on everyone and think you can just dump whoever you want conveniently later. You can only drop a maximum of THREE players.

- Ties: In the event of a tied bid, I will ask each person involved in the tie what is the maximum bid they are willing to do. Whoever re-bids higher will get the player. Each person in the re-bid will have the 24 hours to re-bid on that player, but the player will sign as soon as all people involved reply. If neither person involved in the tie bid is willing to up their offer at all, I will flip a coin.

NOTE: Not every player in the NHL will be available in this draft - since we aren't operating with a full 32 teams here and want to create competitive bidding and cap management. Pretty well every top-6 F, top-4 D or starting goalie will be available, but there will be a lot of the middle of the roster type of players that won't be.

*all rules are subject to change*
*my discretion will be used as needed*

Shoutout to m0pe for drafting the original ruleset!

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
EdJovanovskiNew York Rangers
Kent NilssonDetroit Red Wings
MakaveliToronto Maple Leafs
McDousedFlorida Panthers
TryamkinNew Jersey Devils
AveryStar4EvaSeattle Kraken
m0peColorado Avalanche
ScholarshipsVancouver Canucks
Nucker101Carolina Hurricanes
abo9Vegas Golden Knights
Paralyzer008Anaheim Ducks
HockeyNorthTampa Bay Lightning
trick9Arizona Coyotes
TalussNew York Islanders
Panda BearWinnipeg Jets
McMozesmadnessNashville Predators
Canucks LBPhiladelphia Flyers
LlamamotoEdmonton Oilers
BlinnyColumbus Blue Jackets
ConnorMcMulletBuffalo Sabres
ujju2Washington Capitals
OB5Montreal Canadiens
peskypenguinPittsburgh Penguins
506Dallas Stars

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Please select an NHL team! I will honor any selections made in the sign-up thread.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I have completed making the auction groups.

There are exactly enough F, D, and G for all 24 teams to fully fill out their roster.

Any team that has to drop players will be personally sent a short list of players that they can select from to complete their team. These players will not be good, NHL tweeners at best. They should be a clear step below most of the players available for bidding.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Please note that the penalties for busting are significantly harsher this game than they were in prior games.

- 75% of dropped player's cap hit will be retained
- A maximum of THREE players can be dropped per team
- You may have to select from a small group of considerably worse players to replace any dropped players

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
All codewords have been sent out now. They are a required question on the Form, and they must match what I sent you or the bid will be invalid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad