Injury Report: LTIR for Smith

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I say we put Nurse in net. Sometimes he seems so lost at defending he's like "I'll just try to be the goalie".

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Andersen for Larsson could make sense. Don't know how deep the Oilers are on the back end but if they are deep enough this trade could help both teams.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Koskinen can play as many games in a row as he needs to play. I think the over playing thing is a bit over hyped. The worry is that he gets hurt of that he goes into a soft period of bad play.

Reactions: scott57 and jukon

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Koskinen can play as many games in a row as he needs to play. I think the over playing thing is a bit over hyped. The worry is that he gets hurt of that he goes into a soft period of bad play.
The overplaying him is a realistic worry, his stats took a dump when he was forced to play the last 23 of 24 games for the oilers after Talbot was traded

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011

I agree. Apart from injury concern, I'm glad Koski will be playing a lot. Sure in his first season with us he played a ton and had a slump, but he's bound to have grown from then.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The quarantine rules make a trade really hard.

Koski would have to probably play 10 more games straight before Kuemper would be available unless they give Skinner some games.
Are the quarantine rules different if the trade is with another Canadian team?

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
If there is a game you want to rest Kos it's the 2nd game against MTL on the 18th. That would give him 3 days off before the road trip and only 2 games next week. Knock knock Stuart Skinner.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
This is all Corey Crawfords fault. If he doesnt retire, devils arent looking. Carolina doesnt take forsbeg in case they lose nedelkjovic. Even if hurricanes do take forsberg, jets still have comrie and oilers reclaim forsberg.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Feels like this mutant 56 game season is a good time to see what we got in the pipeline as far as the crease goes. Maybe there’s a Binnington/Murray lurking in our system.

They should claim Anderson, he’s ancient but he’s made a career of having decent numbers on teams that give him a bunch of shots. Maybe they can squeeze the last bit out of him and get a throw back Anderson for 10-15 games this year

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Well let's all hope Koskinen has been eating his wheaties because whatever happens he's bound to play a lot dowb the stretch. Go go go big guy!

Hopefully Skinner can provide a couple of "max focus, opportunity of a lifetime, standing on head"-performances in relief.

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
Both sides of this discussion have valid points, as is always the case with all things Oilers.

Some foresight on Holland's part when it came to waivers should have been expected.

At he same time, Klefbom's LTIR decision probably forced Holland to spend whatever goalie money he was budgeting on replacement for 77.

We will weather this storm. These situations are rarely as terrible or as fantastic as the extreme ends of the opinion spectrum predict.

I didn't like the Smith re-signing and more than the next guy. This does give us the opportunity to debut Skinner for a couple of NHL starts. worst case scenario, Skinner shits the bed and we're forced to overpay for a suitable replacement. There is also a not impossible chance that Skinner dials it in and makes the most of this amazing opportunity.

Time will tell.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I’m super shocked that re-signing Smith was a bad idea. Holland got too focused on Markstrom.

If Smith got hurt before he even played what are the odds he will remain healthy when he actually plays?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
At 22 I think Skinner is too young still. It might be bad for him if he just gets shelled

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Maybe the blessing in disguise here is that Koskinen is going to play more. I think Tippett might of been inclined to split them even though I think Koskinen is significantly better. If Koskinen gets hurt we are completely screwed though.

In a compressed season I can't think this is a good idea. Koski starts to have trouble when he sees too many games in a month. His game starts to fall. He's best around 2-3 games per week. We were able to play him in a B2B because its start of season and he's fresh. Come Feb, March and the same thing won't look good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00