Rumor: Lots of smoke around the Hawks tonight ...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So the trade candidate list now is who?

Hjalmarsson
Crawford
Anisimov

Toews isn't getting traded apparently. They'd be insane to trade Kane. Panarin's value for his contract is ridiculous, although I could say that for Hjalmarsson too I suppose.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Hjalmarsson
Crawford
Anisimov

Toews isn't getting traded apparently. They'd be insane to trade Kane. Panarin's value for his contract is ridiculous, although I could say that for Hjalmarsson too I suppose.

I would imagine Anisimov, Panarin and Hammer are the top 3. I think Panarin and Hammer make some sense given they don't have NMCs and their value should be quite high, as well as the fact they're two years from UFA status.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW

Hjalmarsson
Crawford
Anisimov

Kruger

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Already assumed to be gone. Hawks cap is such that they need to move more bodies then that.

I would imagine Anisimov, Panarin and Hammer are the top 3. I think Panarin and Hammer make some sense given they don't have NMCs and their value should be quite high, as well as the fact they're two years from UFA status.

Hawks LW depth is baddd.

I am thinking now that it's between Hjalmarsson/Crawford.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
I have lingering feeling Panarin will be moved if the cap stays the same. For something like a Kapanen or similar prospect, either F or D. Sad if true.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Dallas has quite a bit of NHL ready/experienced forward and defense depth + draft picks available. Anything to be made for Hjalmarsson or Panarin that wouldn't involve Honka?

Dallas could take on a contract, if needed.

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
The smart move is Crawford for a cheaper (less proven) goalie. If Bowman can some how find a way to revamp the defense with that cap room to at least give the new goalie some D.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Called it. Got made fun of. Was right all along :yo:

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Dallas has quite a bit of NHL ready/experienced forward and defense depth + draft picks available. Anything to be made for Hjalmarsson or Panarin that wouldn't involve Honka?

Not involving Honka? No, probably not.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Already assumed to be gone. Hawks cap is such that they need to move more bodies then that.

Hawks LW depth is baddd.

I am thinking now that it's between Hjalmarsson/Crawford.

Trading Panarin would be a huge mistake in my eyes. And as you noted, the LW depth without Panarin is utterly abysmal. There is no adequate replacement for Panarin's 30 goals and 70+ points. DeBrincat? He has yet to play an NHL game, and nobody knows if his game will translate or not. I just KNOW Blackhawks fans would whine endlessly if Panarin actually were traded and we see how detrimental an effect that has on the offense.

Personally, if it came down to a choice between Hammer and Panarin, I would actually choose Hjalmarsson. I love Hammer... he is maybe the best defensive defenseman in the league... but he is older than Panarin and might start to decline sooner.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

So either you want a top pairing Dman on a great contract or a top 5 LW and you think that can be done without giving up a top prospect?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
So either you want a top pairing Dman on a great contract or a top 5 LW and you think that can be done without giving up a top prospect?

There are other prospects + a 3rd overall pick + another first available, but we can continue to say I only offered up trash if you'd like.

I must've forgot how killer of a return you got last time you traded a top 10 LW to us.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The smart move is Crawford for a cheaper (less proven) goalie. If Bowman can some how find a way to revamp the defense with that cap room to at least give the new goalie some D.

Crawford for Lehner?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Honestly, the only deal that sort of makes sense for me and I have come up with is Crawford to Buffalo for something around Lehner. Hjalmarsson would be such a stupid one to move, and I don't think they want to mess with Anisimov now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad