McKenzie: Lots of Jonas Brodin trade talk coming out of Twin Cities

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Smarter move than trading Brodin for a bad return, then having Vegas snatch Dumba.

In fairness, if we traded Brodin we'd protect Dumba, but your point still stands with Scandella, Zucker or Staal

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Yeah I'm going to be pissed if we lose Brodin for nothing.

Also, trading Scandella makes no sense, unless we are trying to shed his contract.

The trade would be made only if GMCF is assured Vegas won't take the other of Brodin/Dumba that isn't protected.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Well he would also need to be protected, and need a new deal on top of Nino and Granlund, it's just a tough spot for the Wild.

Well getting his rights his the first step you figure out the rest later. I mean Wild fans beg fletcher to be bold.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
whew.

now comes the part where other teams have offers in to Vegas involving them taking Brodin/Dumba and us having to outbid that if we want to make a deal.
:/

Last edited:

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Something around duchene is the only thing I really would've wanted so I'm glad this passed. Vindicates most wild fans who have been saying don't make a trade for the past year

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
LOL, very stupid wild!!

Vegas has you by the balls now. Pay a kings random or they take one of your top dmen.

OH NO! YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!! a majority of wild fans just assumed this would be how it all worked out. like right away, when the rules were published. i'm fine. if we toss out Brodin in favor of Dumba I'll be mildly peeved but it's always seemed we'd lose one of those guys. Glad it's not one of them + Scandella leaving and whichever forward we'd have to trade off to make cap room for a guy that would be worth the trade.

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
I thought you could protect everyone of value if you traded one?

If we can only protect 3 defensemen and we have suter spurgeon brodin dumba scandella, and you trade one of those defensemen how many do we have left? Let's see if you can do the math

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
LOL, very stupid wild!!

Vegas has you by the balls now. Pay a kings random or they take one of your top dmen.

Most of us have said from the beginning, better to lose one for free than to do a bad trade that makes the team worse by losing multiple and not getting good enough vale in return.

The MOST Vegas can do is take one single player, meaning we'd still have at least 4 top 4 defensemen.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad