GDT: Los Angeles at New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
C2_G7M3WIAALGfr.jpg

Wood's in the green! Improvement!

Kalinin and his one attempted shot. This is the most offensively handicapped non-goon player that we've had on the team with a permanent roster spot since Pikkarainen or Rod Pelley. I firmly believe Gazdic might actually be better at creating offense. Can't be any worse. Of all the talent in the KHL, this is the KHL player we sign? I can't believe people were ever excited and intrigued about this player. It's a crime that Ryan Carter is not playing pro hockey this year and Kalinin is in the NHL. Harri Pesonen is jealous that he didn't get these kinds of looks, as is Steve Zalewski.

And nice quote by Hynes.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 23m23 minutes ago
More
John Hynes: "We didn’t have any puck luck to get it in the back of the net tonight but we certainly had chances."

I didn't have any razor luck this morning, it crapped out on me and wasn't charged. Maybe I could borrow one of his or some of his nair/wax?:rant::help:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
110% the reason why we never came back...If we atleast scored 1 goal on it it coulda been a different game. It was soul crushing instead.

Yeah that and the goal they should have had in the second period (thanks again refs)...but that's the story of our last five years unfortunately - woulda coulda shoulda.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Not to mention the Kings were on a back-to-back :laugh:

Travis I love you but come back to reality here. You guys didn't compete AGAIN in the first period, you give away so many games with 0-3, 0-4 first periods it's beyond belief.

I'm not too big on the back to back stuff, you'd think we should have had the advantage but the Kings were hungry to get off their losing streak. On back to backs our record is actually really good [6 or 7-3] so I take that stuff with a grain of salt.

I don't know what Trav was talking about, him and Greene are just too ho-hum after these showings. They got steamrolled in the first few minutes of the game. They clearly weren't ready again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Between Zajac and Hynes quotes, they really need to check for a radiation leak in their locker room.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
When players say those things, they know they're feeding you BS. They don't actually think that way.

It's a psychological tactic. They don't dwell on things and they make it seem like the weather was to blame. Because that mentality, more often than not, correlates with success.

Even if their practices, video sessions, etc. are about deconstructing flaws and mistakes, the message they want to project is something that can be misconstrued as the exact opposite of the reality.

Fans feel good when a player rips into his team or gives everyone a spoonful of "reality." But that's just not how it works on a daily basis.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm not too big on the back to back stuff, you'd think we should have had the advantage but the Kings were hungry to get off their losing streak. On back to backs our record is actually really good [6 or 7-3] so I take that stuff with a grain of salt.

I don't know what Trav was talking about, him and Greene are just too ho-hum after these showings. They got steamrolled in the first few minutes of the game. They clearly weren't ready again.

Philly could of said the same about us the other night, but we owned them after a **** game in Montreal.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
And nice quote by Hynes.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 23m23 minutes ago
More
John Hynes: "We didn’t have any puck luck to get it in the back of the net tonight but we certainly had chances."

I didn't have any razor luck this morning, it crapped out on me and wasn't charged. Maybe I could borrow one of his or some of his nair/wax?:rant::help:

There was at least five chances in front of the net that didn't go in.

This is a far different team than the same one we watched a month ago. We finally have structure, we're finally playing some solid defense, can we lay off the Hynes bashing now? It seems like we could go on a 10 game winning streak and as soon as we lose it's all "Cory sucks" "Hynes suck" or "scapegoat of the week sucks."

We didn't execute well enough or match the Kings intensity in the first period. It was a lot like the Minnesota game, but we dug ourselves too big of a hole to climb out of.

It happens, but you learn from it and move on.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They did pick up their play in the second, but the damage from sleep walking in those early moments, and special teams completely and utterly ******** the bed was too much.

They might of salvaged a point at least if they score on that 5 on 3. They should also be absolutely embarrassed they didn't. That was a long one too.

Not to mention not converting on an earlier PP in that period.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There was at least five chances in front of the net that didn't go in.

This is a far different team than the same one we watched a month ago. We finally have structure, we're finally playing some solid defense, can we lay off the Hynes bashing now? It seems like we could go on a 10 game winning streak and as soon as we lose it's all "Cory sucks" "Hynes suck" or "scapegoat of the week sucks."

We didn't execute well enough or match the Kings intensity in the first period. It was a lot like the Minnesota game, but we dug ourselves too big of a hole to climb out of.

It happens, but you learn from it and move on.

I don't think it was a good game played either, not like some people are making it out to be.

We trailed them by multiple goals for 58 minutes.

I still fail to see what Hynes does good. He adjusted the system after 7 weeks of it bleeding chances? It took that long? Hallelujah. I would be shocked if we ever made the playoffs with Hynes as a head coach.

Don't get me started on his usage of some players in the 3rd period. Offensive zone draw with Kalinin and Fiddler out there with 6 minutes to go and down by 2.

I just don't believe Hynes is anything more than a coach. If you wanna argue that he doesn't make the team worse, I'll accept it. No way you can tell me he makes the team better or some of those ''If not for him, we'd be in last place'' comments that I was reading at certain points early on and last year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And there's no way anyone can say Ward is justifying his pay right now.

Hopefully some team will hire him as their head coach next year. Wasn't he supposed to have been interviewed for the head coaching position by the Flames this past offseason?

I was even one of the people that hoped they wouldn't hire him, so we could keep him. I'm embarrassed of that.

I'd keep Hynes and Nasreddine until December of next year and see if they've got the team at least trending in the right direction. No way would I extend Hynes before then though, or at all if we finish in a position near this next year. If a coach like Sutter becomes available, I'd can Hynes tomorrow though.

Ward can go get lost after this season ends though.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't think it was a good game played either, not like some people are making it out to be.

We trailed them by multiple goals for 58 minutes.

I still fail to see what Hynes does good. He adjusted the system after 7 weeks of it bleeding chances? It took that long? Hallelujah. I would be shocked if we ever made the playoffs with Hynes as a head coach.

Don't get me started on his usage of some players in the 3rd period. Offensive zone draw with Kalinin and Fiddler out there with 6 minutes to go and down by 2.

You're not going to like every single decision a coach makes. Putting your fourth line out with 6 minutes to go isn't the end of the world. IIRC, he put out Zacha with those two. You need to roll four lines in this league or you're going to tire out players.

Honestly, I'm downright amazed he managed to take the team and get them to play like this again. The way the Devils were playing before the West Coast trip was worthy of Hynes getting fired, without question. He managed to get some stability and structure back into the team after weeks of bleeding chances.

I'm not really sure how to answer that. Neither me or you can say what a coach does wrong because we have no idea what the Devils are truly doing. A lot of the stuff I would credit to him I wouldn't even know if he deserves the credit. When it comes down to it, there aren't that many good coaches in the league. I'd rather have Hynes/Shero who are on the same page and have a clear direction right now. They're building the team with a purpose and it seems like we're slowly getting there. In the meantime, aside from our poor run earlier, he's gotten this team to play with structure and with a never give up attitude. That's exactly what I want from a rebuilding team that's slowly starting to introduce the young players that are important to our future.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're not going to like every single decision a coach makes. Putting your fourth line out with 6 minutes to go isn't the end of the world. IIRC, he put out Zacha with those two. You need to roll four lines in this league or you're going to tire out players.

Honestly, I'm downright amazed he managed to take the team and get them to play like this again. The way the Devils were playing before the West Coast trip was worthy of Hynes getting fired, without question. He managed to get some stability and structure back into the team after weeks of bleeding chances.

I'm not really sure how to answer that. Neither me or you can say what a coach does wrong because we have no idea what the Devils are truly doing. A lot of the stuff I would credit to him I wouldn't even know if he deserves the credit. When it comes down to it, there aren't that many good coaches in the league. I'd rather have Hynes/Shero who are on the same page and have a clear direction right now. They're building the team with a purpose and it seems like we're slowly getting there. In the meantime, aside from our poor run earlier, he's gotten this team to play with structure and with a never give up attitude. That's exactly what I want from a rebuilding team that's slowly starting to introduce the young players that are important to our future.
Well as I've said, as much as I don't support Hynes anymore, I'm hesitant to make a coaching change right now.

Unless Sutter somehow becomes available. I don't think he's on the hot seat or anything, but I'd hire him ASAP if he was available. No way Hynes is in the same caliber as him. If Julien became available? I wouldn't exactly fire Hynes to accommodate a job for Julien.

But I will be annoyed as **** if Hynes gets an extension after this season. He was apparently given a 3 year deal, so this contract expires after next season. I haven't seen anything to warrant an extension as of right now, even if I can't warrant firing him either.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Man, LA Kings must've trapped for 58 minutes tonight. Once they went up 2-0, it seemed like they just shut it down. Props to them. That is like vintage Devils hockey.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Man, LA Kings must've trapped for 58 minutes tonight. Once they went up 2-0, it seemed like they just shut it down. Props to them. That is like vintage Devils hockey.

Sutter is the single most important person to that franchise IMO.

His system might be dummy proof.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On a losing streak? Can't win a game on the road?

Play the Devils and turn that frown upside down!

njd_hynes_101315_RA.jpg

"Based on information provided to the General Manager, he believes we played a good game."

I might have leaked a little bit, should have emptied my bladder before this one.

That actually sounds like something Hynes would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad