Confirmed with Link: LOOOOOOOOOOOCH (Oilers Sign Lucic, 7-years, $6M AAV, NMC)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Bang on.

This is what guys that have actually played the game have been saying. Especially those who have played a role where they had to fight or stick up for their star players. That role was appreciated by teammates. No matter how much some posters want to diminish that, they clearly don't understand locker room dynamics.

This again. After you already conceded that playing the game doesn't give one knowledge parallel to what an NHL player, or even a Major Junior player faces.

Next, I never grew up thinking somebody else should fight my battles. That's kind of an odd conceptual leap in my way of thinking for people that pick hockey to play. Theres all kinds of sports out there. Hockey, as played in Canada, probably shouldn't be the first choice in sports for people who are gun shy. :D

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Those guys played 3 minutes a night. Lucic plays 1st line. You're never going to stop things from happening completely, but Lucic will throw people off their game, and make people pay when they cross the line against us

I hope that Lucic does to Calgary and little john hockey what he did to Buffalo and Miller....demoralize them, and leave them feeling violated.
2nd game on the 14th in their barn.:laugh:...so the fans walk out mouths agape and victimized.

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Being an intimidating player is not the same as being a deterrent.

It appears that you and some other posters are confusing these terms.
This has been beaten to death I have no interest in changing your mind dude. Having an intimidating player on the ice like Looch deters guys like Bennett running around all game. No one is claiming teams will be scared and no one will get hit. Giant intimidating physical players like Looch are themselves a deterrent. Anyway he will be a dominant force in many ways for us so lets agree to disagree

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
This has been beaten to death I have no interest in changing your mind dude. Having an intimidating player on the ice like Looch deters guys like Bennett running around all game. No one is claiming teams will be scared and no one will get hit. Giant intimidating physical players like Looch are themselves a deterrent. Anyway he will be a dominant force in many ways for us so lets agree to disagree

Bennett?

Who?

you talking about Sam Bennett?

lol

if we need enforcers to stop an 186lb soaking wet player we get more problems. :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
You know that did happen right?

tbh I don't remember it in particular.

Ferland is somebody I remember running around for the Flames. Bennett is not exactly the type of player I consider a physical threat of any kind.

Really if were worried about 186lb players its pretty depressing.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
tbh I don't remember it in particular.

Ferland is somebody I remember running around for the Flames. Bennett is not exactly the type of player I consider a physical threat of any kind.

Really if were worried about 186lb players its pretty depressing.

It was early in the 15/16 season

We need to be worried about anybody who thinks they can run around without getting it back

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Bennett?

Who?

you talking about Sam Bennett?

lol

if we need enforcers to stop an 186lb soaking wet player we get more problems. :laugh:

We did have problems, and he did in a game last season. He was obnoxious about it because he knew no one would push back.
I agree having a player like bennett physically dominating our team was a giant problem that I think has been adressed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad