Not open for further replies.

Asif16*

2 days off. Enough for a trade maybe?

or maybe call liles up?

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
We should sell big this year and go for Reinhart, then McDavid next year. These next 8 or so games are going to be painful.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
tough stretch starts now.

Got a feeling we're going to start playing well. Playing down to the level of the opposition is over now we get to play up to the level of competition and get some unexpected wins so Carlyle can become a god around here again

Asif16*

Im ready for the challenge to be honest.

I knew after the CBJ game, that we were gonna lose the next three on the road. And we did.

So i think montreal is where our slump will stop.

Believ it or not. I think we will go on a 5 game winning streak. There i said it. Our next loss will be against the blues.

*please be right please be right please be right

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This could be pretty rough. After getting obliterated by Columbus and barely playing to the level of Buffalo...actually, I've got nothing to follow that up with. We're in deep trouble.

Definitely not the state you want to be in facing one of the top teams in the league right now. Well...will see how it turns out.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
"Toronto will be on the outside looking in on a playoff spot by Christmas"

:(

Don't like our chances against the Sharks or any of the Western Teams we play upcoming...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I have to continue to have faith in this team, that they'll figure it out.
I don't know if Sunday's a mandated rest day according to the CBA (if it's not, this team needs to be at Mastercard Centre bright and early).

I think by this time what the Leafs really need to do - is strip everything down, have a players only meeting, shoot the poop, Randy & Company come up with a game plan that the team can actually DO - and then DO IT.

It wouldn't surprise me if we had the best December in history. It also wouldn't surprise me if we went .500 or went winless. OptimisticDaisy needs to recharge.

Mar 26, 2010
"Toronto will be on the outside looking in on a playoff spot by Christmas"

:(

Don't like our chances against the Sharks or any of the Western Teams we play upcoming...

I think you are right. They are just getting crushed every game. No puck possession, nothing. Looks like Reimer and Bernier is starting to give up...

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Winning,

We don't know what it feels like since 67. too bad it was before my time.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Really big test this month for the Leafs. They can't continue to feel sorry for themselves , they just need to go out and give a solid effort for 60 minutes and work from there.
Even if they have a losing record this month, I'll be happy if they're playing a lot better and show signs of good potential progress.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I have to continue to have faith in this team, that they'll figure it out.
I don't know if Sunday's a mandated rest day according to the CBA (if it's not, this team needs to be at Mastercard Centre bright and early).

I think by this time what the Leafs really need to do - is strip everything down, have a players only meeting, shoot the poop, Randy & Company come up with a game plan that the team can actually DO - and then DO IT.

It wouldn't surprise me if we had the best December in history. It also wouldn't surprise me if we went .500 or went winless. OptimisticDaisy needs to recharge.
Truly these are dark times when your optimisim reaches this low. Kidding aside, good luck with that recharge :).

Anything really could happen at this point. The Leafs do have a talent with messing with your expectations. Maybe they play the best hockey they've played all year now that they've managed to make everyone give up on them. Or...this could be a horrible month that will eventually meld into the rest of the disappointing seasons we've had over the past few years (aside from that one good half year).

Anything can happen...

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
four game losing streak... certainly the toughest segment of the season so far

things look bleak but gotta keep your head up
the winter classic is on the way

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
The thing that really irks me is that Carlyle keeps on saying that this team is doing well, just not getting the bounces... "I don't agree with the refs calls" or "We did some good forechecking, turned over some pucks" or "We're just not winning the battles"... never hints that maybe they need to play differently. It's quite obvious that this team isn't doing well with your system RC, change it up in the D-zone or try some new things on our break-out so we can get some more O-time... just try something new!

He's not afraid to take out/give less minutes to Rielly, Gardiner, Kadri, even Kessel... but for some reason he's afraid to do it for Franson or change our first pairing so we can rely on our 2nd pairing more... He finally did it for some of tonights game and our defense looked better and our team looked better, just didn't capitalize and had a few gaffs.

I think our team finally looked ready to get out of their slump last night, showed some positives, and just need to shore up some mental gaffs.... and learn to build on momentum even when there is a period break in between (really strong end of 2nd, not a very strong (but okay) start of 3rd).

BayStreetBullies*

So is the benchmark for #firecarlyle #bebadforekblad #diehardforreinhart a 4 game losing streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad