Long time "Norris Candidate" Defensemen are Overrated / Not Built for Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I dont see how hedman fits in the with the others you mentioned. Hes very steady. Shut down kane and toews for a majority of the 2015 finals on the biggest stage, which says more than being unreliable in some regular season games.

Reactions: PatrikBerglund

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ek has been out of place in SJ since he got there,come on SJ fans you must see this...You guys didnt need him as much as a guy like Tavares

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Oh god.....I was about to say "Hedman is still a kid. Big strong defencemen need to grow into their body"....then I did a quick google.

I am definitely aging faster than other people. :scared:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
LOLWUT

hedman>>>>>carlson defensively

Where did I say otherwise? I said Carlson isn't as good defensively. He just has a high IQ. I don't see him and the Caps giving up multiple breakaways and odd man rushes all game. He shoots the puck when he gets it or passes it. He doesn't try to do too much and turn it over like these other guys.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Where did I say otherwise? I said Carlson isn't as good defensively. He just has a high IQ. I don't see him and the Caps giving up multiple breakaways and odd man rushes all game. He shoots the puck when he gets it or passes it. He doesn't try to do too much and turn it over like these other guys.
you call guys like hedman and karlsson too bad defensively to win but john carlson is some great defensive player

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What will be inevitably ignored in the midst of all the Brent Burns slander is that he had 24 points in 24 playoff games in 2016. That was the most by a defenseman since Brian Leetch in 1994 and 5 more than Conn Smythe winner Sidney Crosby.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
you call guys like hedman and karlsson too bad defensively to win but john carlson is some great defensive player
Listen, the OP is just reaching and flailing away at anything that comes to mind in hopes of making fans of other teams who are eliminated or on the verge of elimination as whiny and moany as he’s been because he honestly felt his penguins could beat NYI and even go on a run.

This is based all on emotion and not at all on logic. I raise a 14 year old teenage girl on my own and her and her friends are all about this, so I’m accustomed to it.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
- Crosby (Swept, carried by Kessel, Malkin, Murray, Fleury)

- Malkin (Swept, carried by Kessel, Crosby, Murray, Fleury)

- Stamkos (Swept and 0 Championships)

- Point (Swept and 0 Championships)

Starting to wonder how valuable #1 centres are. The results speak for themselves.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad