London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
JJs goal....it's the little things.
Puck gets put under KR goal 2x in quick succession...( get pucks deep )
Cowan hustles to force Ellinas on 1/2 boards so he needs to move the puck south (puck pressure all over the ice) Rookie D gets it and tries to clear the zone with a soft dump out (F3 playing high in O zone).....turned over,
Quick give n go to open the centre lane.....pass, goal. ( team play, heads up hockey)
The GAF meter counts big in POs.
D leads to O chances.

Reactions: All the Answers

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Jacob Julien when they’re not scoring natural hat tricks in the postseason.
1713487140357.jpeg

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Alright two games in a row the Rogers guy needs a little help with his math. Loosing both games 4-1 at the time, Kitchener scores. He then spews out " The Rangers have now cut the Knights lead in half"? Huh, London is leading by 3 you score 1 London now leads by two? So half of 3 in La La land is 2?
Well they are volunteers I guess ..... or again is it just me? :)

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
He most definitely looked up..unfortunate that is he concussed, but yes he did.
So, he looked up ! That is not against rules, he did not fake it, when you get a concussion you get confused. He may not have known where he was at or what have happened to him, trying to orienting himself or see if the medic was coming, looking up means absolutely nothing. He had his head down and never seen it coming, this is why the need to keep the head up, without the eye contact, he and Lawrence could not prevent the outcome.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
So, he looked up ! That is not against rules, he did not fake it, when you get a concussion you get confused. He may not have known where he was at or what have happened to him, trying to orienting himself or see if the medic was coming, looking up means absolutely nothing. He had his head down and never seen it coming, this is why the need to keep the head up, without the eye contact, he and Lawrence could not prevent the outcome.
He could have not lifted his elbow

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Awesome Win for the Knights!!
Simpson is so calm in 'stress points' during the game.
Jacob Julien is on fire. The Jets must be very pleased.
Cowan, Barkey & Julien must've played 25 minutes each tonight.
Overall, a very gutsy performance in Kitchener. Boys are a well oiled machine.

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
4 games to none, but It wasn't easy, Kitchener did not go down without good fight, their teams looks promissing for next year

Congratulation to London Knights for another series win, keep'm going!

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Personally 5 is a heavy punishment but you live by the sword and eventually you may die by it. We all knew this team has walked a fine line when it came to the volume of penalties and suspensions it takes but with an incredible PK and incredible depth we have come to accept it to some degree. This was the leagues opportunity (in my opinion?) to say " we have been telling you all season long to clean it up, now you pay".
In my mind it won't change the outcome of this series BUT it's going to sting against the Soo or Saginaw for sure.
PS: Was it just me or after the hit did Motew take a quick look around to see if the ref was calling it before he put his head in his hands?
Not just you. And Savard did the same on the O'Reilly hit

Reactions: Buttsy

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
He could have not lifted his elbow
I spent a full 12 minutes reviewing it and replaying it again several times, I did see the elbow moving up yes, but after the collision was made and he had gone by.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Cowan and gazizov will have to step up big time for next series, as much as nice it is to see julien score
Gazizov played a good game. Just came off a tough injury. Give him time.
Cowan is the energizer bunny. He creates a lot of space 'cause of his speed and skill.
Any team in the O would love to have him on their roster. He played an excellent game tonight in all sitiuations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad