London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
I think Hache is more likely get 2+ games because of Daddy. It will be easier for the league if Hache has a previous slew foot penalty.
Yeah concussions are a different beast, look at beck from the hounds hasn't played since game 1 of the Guelph series after taking a check to the head and concussed

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
League is a joke trying to find the hit liam arnsby threw that he got 6 games for on April 3 was head and shoulders worse then lawerances hit that league is becomes a running joke

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

This article is the first time I saw the McConnell-Barker hit. The OHL is correct in that they are different. McConnell-Barker stopped (or almost stopped) and tried to avoid contact with Oke. Lawrence knew what he was doing and continued through the hit on Motew.
As I said previously, the league is wrong with this suspension, I want the same as everyone else, for the head contacts to stop. I see it too, no doubt about it Motew head was hit like many others as well, but for the league to half-ass go about it will never solve the head injuries. Plenty of bad hits by assailant go for damages and deserving the just punishment, and plenty others are plainly incidentals. I find the league as being gutless for not fully attacking the problem head on, of that being too many players are dangerouly skating with their head low in a fast paced game, rendering not only themselves but also those arround trying avoid unnecessary collisions. Sooner or later they are going to have to do something more to the direct cause, if they realy want to phase out most head injuries..-"Accidental" 100%, Dale is right, how can Lawrence blindsided if he is ahead of the player (?) look at the replay

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I wonder if Hunter is still pissed about the Kindl hit on Robbie Drummond...
Lol, ancient history but I was thinking of that today too and the fallout that Otto posted.

DeBoer was also the original London Knights conspiracy theorist when it came to penalty calls. Thanks Donald errr Pete. Anyone else remember Dale snubbing Pete in the handshake line in 05? Oh the memories…

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
If the Knights play like they did in the first period of Game 3 they're going to be hard to beat the rest of the way. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I posted the clip of Beaulieu & Foreman going after Kindl in the Rangers thread asking if they were ok with it when it was suggested Kitchener should retaliate.

Of course... crickets
I would say sure! And then, if I could, I would post video similar to “get Kindl night” that occurred a few years before when it was “get Ryan Thompson night” over in Guelph. That was in retaliation for the eye injury Thompson gave Derek Roy. Multiple fights, multiple ejections, and suspensions of 25 and 15 games, respectively for Mike Amodeo and Adam Keefe.

But alas, those were different times. Back then, under DeBoer, the Rangers had the personnel on their teams that could carry out retribution properly.

Tonight’s game, I believe, will be much ado about nothing. Knights coast to a win tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjziel and Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I wonder if Hunter is still pissed about the Kindl hit on Robbie Drummond...

Where's J Foreman, Beaulieu et al lol. Fun times those mid 2000s and still one readon why I think KTown is Londons biggest rival.

Edit.....Otto to quick lol

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
With any hit like the one Motew we will have differing POV depending on our bias towards players, teams or how the game is played BUT I'm just thankful KL, SoR ( the well known goons lol ) didn't do this against Windsor or SSM lol. These boards would be tough to read n dominated by the vocal minority ref n league whinning posters ( the 2 worst ref n league haveca bias complainers......ex local media )
Both sides here have discussed for the most part rationally (with differing opinions)

Reactions: EvenSteven

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
With any hit like the one Motew we will have differing POV depending on our bias towards players, teams or how the game is played BUT I'm just thankful KL, SoR ( the well known goons lol ) didn't do this against Windsor or SSM lol. These boards would be tough to read n dominated by the vocal minority ref n league whinning posters ( the 2 worst ref n league haveca bias complainers......ex local media )
Both sides here have discussed for the most part rationally (with differing opinions)
So you had to drag Windsor into this?!?! Windsor thread has been quiet most of the year after our painful exit from the playoffs last year. Still getting therapy for that one.

• Haha
Reactions: rve24 and Slowpace

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The
League is a joke trying to find the hit liam arnsby threw that he got 6 games for on April 3 was head and shoulders worse then lawerances hit that league is becomes a running joke
The Arnsby hit was not any worse imo. Hemstrom was in prime scoring position with his head down believing he could not be hit, I guess. He was hit, and his head took contact from Arnsby and another player’s leg/skate on the way down.
Could Arnsby let Hemstrom find the puck and score; sure. Should Hemstrom e aware that he made himself vulnerable; absolutely.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
So you had to drag Windsor into this?!?! Windsor thread has been quiet most of the year after our painful exit from the playoffs last year. Still getting therapy for that one.

Obviously some of the posters are lurking ;) All good and my bad.
I'd be more upset with 10,12,13 years(?) with only one year having won a PO rd than last year's upset, rd 1. ;)

Should just have said KTown is the best group pf posters as a whole on HF OHL.

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
Of course it's a joke when it's London player getting suspended but just stop and think if that was the other way around and say Cowan got the same exact hit you guys would be screaming for the other player to get booted from the league. Take it he hit the player directly in the head it's up to Lawrence to make sure he doesn't hit him in the head plain and simple.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
The

The Arnsby hit was not any worse imo. Hemstrom was in prime scoring position with his head down believing he could not be hit, I guess. He was hit, and his head took contact from Arnsby and another player’s leg/skate on the way down.
Could Arnsby let Hemstrom find the puck and score; sure. Should Hemstrom e aware that he made himself vulnerable; absolutely.
Arnsby hit was clean I thought and resulted due to Hemstrom being bent forward with head down reaching for the puck. And as mentioned, secondary contact. Not deserving of suspension in my view.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Arnsby hit was clean I thought and resulted due to Hemstrom being bent forward with head down reaching for the puck. And as mentioned, secondary contact. Not deserving of suspension in my view.
There was nothing malicious about that hit, Arnsby just plowed through a guy in scoring position with his head down .
Maybe a game or two just because there was head contact.

Reactions: zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Personally 5 is a heavy punishment but you live by the sword and eventually you may die by it. We all knew this team has walked a fine line when it came to the volume of penalties and suspensions it takes but with an incredible PK and incredible depth we have come to accept it to some degree. This was the leagues opportunity (in my opinion?) to say " we have been telling you all season long to clean it up, now you pay".
In my mind it won't change the outcome of this series BUT it's going to sting against the Soo or Saginaw for sure.
PS: Was it just me or after the hit did Motew take a quick look around to see if the ref was calling it before he put his head in his hands?

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Personally 5 is a heavy punishment but you live by the sword and eventually you may die by it. We all knew this team has walked a fine line when it came to the volume of penalties and suspensions it takes but with an incredible PK and incredible depth we have come to accept it to some degree. This was the leagues opportunity (in my opinion?) to say " we have been telling you all season long to clean it up, now you pay".
In my mind it won't change the outcome of this series BUT it's going to sting against the Soo or Saginaw for sure.
PS: Was it just me or after the hit did Motew take a quick look around to see if the ref was calling it before he put his head in his hands?
Agree with everything except the last statement about Motew looking around. Pretty sure you're wrong about that.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Agree with everything except the last statement about Motew looking around. Pretty sure you're wrong about that.
It's possible I just remembered the hit and swore he looked up which is why I was surprised a bit he is out with a concussion. But doesn't change the responsibility Lawrence carries when laying out a hit.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
It's possible I just remembered the hit and swore he looked up which is why I was surprised a bit he is out with a concussion. But doesn't change the responsibility Lawrence carries when laying out a hit.
He most definitely looked up..unfortunate that is he concussed, but yes he did.

Reactions: Buttsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad