London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
No indication as of yet on the OHL site.
If there is a suspension the teams would have known yesterday so they could prepare the game plan for their teams. They don't need the public to know only teams involved. I would guess could come down to "hey Rangers Motew playing in the next game? Yes then no suspension no then a game suspension"

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If there is a suspension the teams would have known yesterday so they could prepare the game plan for their teams. They don't need the public to know only teams involved. I would guess could come down to "hey Rangers Motew playing in the next game? Yes then no suspension no then a game suspension"
As you should know, this league doesn’t work that way. At times, players have been, on occasion, notified on game day, as to suspension or not.

A team’s game plan is the least of the league’s worries.

Reactions: Fastpace

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
5 games imo is too much. But I believe we will still take this series. But it'll be a big loss for next series

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Officials:
Neely
Stewart
(I don't imagine these two yutes were particularly pleased to get the assignment tonight).
It don't matter who, they are part of the game and both teams have to deal with them. Each team minds their own system, that should also includes referee errors for or against

Reactions: EvenSteven

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
5 feels like a lot of games, as I said in the Rangers game I thought this would end up as 3 maybe 4 games.

Lawrence was all over us in the first two games, him being out makes life a little easier. With that said, we are without Motew tonight and the defence was already looking thin. We will still be in tough.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I am starting to think that suspension length is the same regardless of whether it's regular season or playoffs. I can't imagine this hit getting more than 5 in the regular season.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
5 games is very excessive, the league is wrong on this one, accidental contact or not, the message it's send is it's ok to skate around with your head low.

And this league wants to curb out head injuries while encouraging it's players to just go ahead and skate with their head low, with this game's speed, good luck preventing head injuries. IMHO

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
5 feels like a lot of games, as I said in the Rangers game I thought this would end up as 3 maybe 4 games.

Lawrence was all over us in the first two games, him being out makes life a little easier. With that said, we are without Motew tonight and the defence was already looking thin. We will still be in tough.
I wonder if the events of the series had an impact on the length of suspension? O’Reilly blindside resulting in suspension. Then Lawrence / Motew. Then shortly after that, the McCue / Brzustewicz blindside.

Could it be the league is sending a message to the team that they aren’t “getting it” regarding head shots / blind sides? Even after O’Reilly, we got Lawrence on Motew. Even after that, we got McCue on Brzustewucz.

The O’Reilly suspension wasn’t enough to curb Lawrence? The Lawrence major wasn’t enough to curb McCue?

Just spitballing.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nobody has bought back head shot suspensions yet. I have to think Guelph would have bought back Namestnikov's last series if it were possible.

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
I wonder if the events of the series had an impact on the length of suspension? O’Reilly blindside resulting in suspension. Then Lawrence / Motew. Then shortly after that, the McCue / Brzustewicz blindside.

Could it be the league is sending a message to the team that they aren’t “getting it” regarding head shots / blind sides? Even after O’Reilly, we got Lawrence on Motew. Even after that, we got McCue on Brzustewucz.

The O’Reilly suspension wasn’t enough to curb Lawrence? The Lawrence major wasn’t enough to curb McCue?

Just spitballing.

I don''t think that the league would adopt this form of cumulative punishment, since it imposes a penalty on individual players based upon previous infractions by team mates. Given the length of the Sawyer Bolton suspension earlier on, the next Knight player should get 12 games ???

How would that be fair ? Punative suspensions have to be meted out based on the individual infraction, and if the individual happened to have a "history" of same conduct, only then should that become a consideration in determining the length of suspension. Just my opinion, and others are welcome to disagree.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Unless Motew is out for an extended period of time. If he's back tonight then I agree with you.

Either way it's surprising. League has been generally more lenient in the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see what Hache gets for his slew foot from last night

As long as Hache's daddy doesn't interfere with the leagues decision (His dad works is a director in the OHL) he should be getting games as well.

I thought 5 games was steep. Motew will likely not play for the rest of the playoffs even if Kitchener had a chance in hell (we dont lol, )

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
As "rve" likes to say, "Next man up".
Big loss without Lawrence in the lineup.
We have 9 skilled players up front (Cowan, Barkey, Hultinen, Gazizov, Julien, O'Reilly, McCue, Sim and Nichol) so we still ice solid 3 lines. Can't afford any more suspensions.

Reactions: Geff and dirty12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad