London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
You could be right LDN.
We have not seen a must win situation from Saginaw yet, we have with the Soo in game 6. I think it's a toss up myself, hottest goalie tonight will win game 7 and this series

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Watching the game 7.
Never cared who London met up with rd 3 (still dont)
Let the winner step up n see what happens. Better team will win tonight.
Better team will win next rd.
I would however like the game to pick up a bit intensity wise.

Edge Saggy so far with SSM tender stepping up.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Watching the game 7.
Never cared who London met up with rd 3 (still dont)
Let the winner step up n see what happens. Better team will win tonight.
Better team will win next rd.
I would however like the game to pick up a bit intensity wise.

Edge Saggy so far with SSM tender stepping up.
We may see that 5 periods of over time, Soo are only one shot away to tie the game, Schenkel is playing well and holding Soo in game, I like their chances

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
That was the best $11.29 I spent in quite some time. If you missed it, Saginaw played a near perfect game, controlling the majority of play, including shots on goal. It was the Schenkel Schow... He was outstanding or the score wouldn't have been close. Only brief glimpses of the Soo's offence (right after Hayes' goal it looked like the Hounds would turn things around but not to be). I was surprised by the Hounds effort in game 7. They've been so good for much of the season, but couldn't deliver when it counted.
Knights in 6 with or without Parekh.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
That was the best $11.29 I spent in quite some time. If you missed it, Saginaw played a near perfect game, controlling the majority of play, including shots on goal. It was the Schenkel Schow... He was outstanding or the score wouldn't have been close. Only brief glimpses of the Soo's offence (right after Hayes' goal it looked like the Hounds would turn things around but not to be). I was surprised by the Hounds effort in game 7. They've been so good for much of the season, but couldn't deliver when it counted.

Better team won tonight and it wasn't as close as the score.
Sagnasty heading to London.
Should be fun.
Haight more physical than I remember but always liked his game in MM. ( always gotta find the London area connection lol)

Now another wait.........

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, it was Soo’s worst game of the series. Can’t help but feel for the Hounds esp. after the missed goal call in game 5. Thought they played a very good series minus tonight.

Reactions: BehindSooNet

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London are going to have to show Saginaw who will be in charge of that series, right from game one. Saginaw do cave under pressure but won't break in the long run, this mean the pressure will need to stay on for the duration. Soo did not have anything left in them for game 7, Soo pressured Saginaw all that they could in game 6, I think they burnt themselves and had nothing left for game 7
-London in 6 as well, they'll need Lawrence to close out the series

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Ya play with what ya got and of course we will but would love to have our big guy Lawrence out there mixing it up against Saginaw. Oh well is what it is we need the boys to play the Team Game and we should be fine. Super happy to have clinched first place and be starting at home! GO KNIGHTS GO .

Reactions: Fastpace

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Nelli there are cheaper options out there if you know where to look. ;)

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Hope our guys show Saginaw who the boss is on the score sheet and in the physical department! Bring it on Spirit!

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Great series between the Soo and Sag, I’m not worried at all about this next series, bring it on!

Last time we met on January 12th it was 6-1 London. A crushing loss for Saginaw in the third round against London will pay dividends next month if the Knights make it to the memorial cup.

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Can't take a tired Saginaw team too lightly, London lost a little momentum when the wind stopped blowing in their sailes a week ago with this rest. They'll need to get it all back after the long break, basically retraining themself to a brand new momentum once again, it won't be easy against the Spirit, the Knights have become expert at this the last two spring seasons. This first game against the Spirits might be their hardess one yet for London, retraining themselves to a new series and shaking off some rust won't be easy against a more closely matched up team. Saginaw may be tired a bit but did picked up some new energy with their 7th game win over the Soo. London in 6 IMHO

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Can't take a tired Saginaw team too lightly, London lost a little momentum when the wind stopped blowing in their sailes a week ago with this rest. They'll need to get it all back after the long break, basically retraining themself to a brand new momentum once again, it won't be easy against the Spirit, the Knights have become expert at this the last two spring seasons. This first game against the Spirits might be their hardess one yet for London, retraining themselves to a new series and shaking off some rust won't be easy against a more closely matched up team. Saginaw may be tired a bit but did picked up some new energy with their 7th game win over the Soo. London in 6 IMHO
The knights will punish them physically

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Great series between the Soo and Sag, I’m not worried at all about this next series, bring it on!

Last time we met on January 12th it was 6-1 London. A crushing loss for Saginaw in the third round against London will pay dividends next month if the Knights make it to the memorial cup.

I looked up the season series between London and Saginaw out of curiosity. Only 3 games played, Saginaw won two, London won one. Difficult to tell how this one will go with the small sample size weighted earlier in the season.

I will say that this is likely to be a very chippy series. I expect a lot of entertainment on these boards!! Both teams are likely to rack up the PIMS... I hope Parekh is back for the entertainment value alone.

Edit: Whoops, they went 2-2... my bad. Should be a good series.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohloutsider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad