London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
It is not always fun to watch but credit to the Knights they have become very good at managing the clock with a lead. Pretty much was a perfect 3rd period leading 4 - 1 going into it. However the Rangers are the perfect opponent as they are so weak mentally and just get suckered in constantly. You only have 5D so you would think those 5 would know not to take stupid penalties?

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Wasn't able to watch the game, but must've been a good game. Going to have to be more disciplined though because saginaw/ soo will burn us if we stay undisciplined

Reactions: tjziel

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Don't misunderstand my statement I like that we get the call right (ok maybe not in the end?). However I don't like playing for 30 seconds, scoring a goal and disallowing it because it was offside? Taking the goal away, putting the time back on the clock and replaying that 30 seconds seems odd to me? I think if they can't do it better (I'm not sure you can?) then disallow the offside challenge. Can you think of something similar to this in any other sport?
The league is rightfully bringing out the cameras to get to the wrong call.

How's Kaleb Lawrence doing ?
One thing we've noticed, the big man loves playing the Rangers

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Man, the Rangers are not only pu$$ies, but they are SAWFT.
They don't like to be hit and they don't hit either.
Let’s have some class. No need to refer to teens or anyone that way.

Watching the replay, I do agree, Kitchener is lacking some pizazz. London is the most physical team I’ve seen all year though so it may look worse matched up against one another.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
I originally called this series in 5 thinking Rags would take one game at home.

I’ve changed my mind to a sweep. Rags have no response to the Knights and Parsons is clearly rattled.

Reactions: TheCoach

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Man, the Rangers are not only pu$$ies, but they are SAWFT.
They don't like to be hit and they don't hit either.

Feel like we don't need to be making posts like this about teenagers.

You're right, they are soft but no need for the name calling.

I thought the Rangers would make this an interesting series but Hunter and Company have this team on a whole nother level.

The edge in every category goes to the Knights.

If Kitchener had any speed and physicality I could see a game or two but this Knights team is going to win the OHL.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
GREAT MOMENT:
London defenceman Sam Dickinson and goaltender Michael Simpson were part of the Knights crew that mobbed billet brother Carter Hicks after the Jr. Knights grad was selected 24th overall by Windsor in the OHL draft Friday.
“I moved into their house last year right around Christmas time,” Dickinson said. “It was really cool to be there and be a part of that and see how he’s grown over the past year. We’re really excited and happy for him.”
“It’ll be interesting with him away now. It’ll be a little different next year.”
The two defencemen fire pucks in the family’s shooting room in the basement. Does Simpson ever strap on the pads down there?
“No way,” Dickinson said. “He shoots with us on an empty net with targets.”

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Let’s have some class. No need to refer to teens or anyone that way.

Watching the replay, I do agree, Kitchener is lacking some pizazz. London is the most physical team I’ve seen all year though so it may look worse matched up against one another.
I call 'em like I see' em, but I have edited my original post

Reactions: TheCoach

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I’ve always said the way to beat Kitchener is so not just match skill for skill. You have to be physical and be in somebody’s face after every whistle. When that happens the games aren’t even close. When it’s a quiet game Kitchener can win those.
I loved Dale Hunter playing Boulton every other shift for the last 6min of the game. He was tired at the end, you could tell! And of course nobody wanted anything to do with him. Also part of Hunters brilliance at the end of the game was Benching McCue for the last part of the game so that he wouldn’t go out and get in a needless fight etc. Save the emotions for Tuesday.

Solid draft for the Knights, a lot of forwards which is what we need. Hawery will fit in quite nicely! Also love the fact that many of the kids drafted either were captain or assistant. Hunters draft character.

Reactions: Otto, LDN and rve24

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Great game by the boys. Simpson has been solid. The system is paying dividends. Who would have though Kaleb Lawrence would be this years Ryan Winterton.

One thing to notice, since coming back from the injury, Gazizov doesn’t have point yet. It’s just 3 games, but I would love to have him scoring. When he scores, he adds so much depth to our team, and can help his case to get drafted or get a contract.

Reactions: Geff and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Great game by the boys. Simpson has been solid. The system is paying dividends. Who would have though Kaleb Lawrence would be this years Ryan Winterton.

One thing to notice, since coming back from the injury, Gazizov doesn’t have point yet. It’s just 3 games, but I would love to have him scoring. When he scores, he adds so much depth to our team, and can help his case to get drafted or get a contract.
Lawrence is playing awesome! Simpson is locked in. Agreed Gaz still isn’t himself yet, but let’s hope he keeps working hard and catches fire again soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad