London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I looked up the season series between London and Saginaw out of curiosity. Only 3 games played, Saginaw won two, London won one. Difficult to tell how this one will go with the small sample size weighted earlier in the season.

I will say that this is likely to be a very chippy series. I expect a lot of entertainment on these boards!! Both teams are likely to rack up the PIMS... I hope Parekh is back for the entertainment value alone.

Edit: Whoops, they went 2-2... my bad. Should be a good series.
Change the season series out the window, these are not the same lineups, especially Saginaw, but ya it will be a hard fought searies

Reactions: zman77

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Yup - When Saginaw won the first two games against us in the beginning of the season as London was still trying to find their chemistry, and then when we won the next 2 Saginaw was trying to find their chemistry with all their additions.

Saginaw is playing hurt. It’s not time to ease up. I expect Dale will want Sawyer Boulton, Max McCue , Ryder Boulton, Landon Sim to set a tone.

If we play our game, we can beat their defense. I say 4-1 London.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Different season, playoff round. Where Saginaw and London were 3 months ago has no bearing on this series. Soo and London both like to play the hard game and Saginaw just weathered the storm against the Soo. I think skill and goaltending will decide this series. I'm actually having trouble figuring out a clear winner in this one. Simpson may be the tipping point in this round.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Oke has been out since game 2. Yet to see if he'll be back for this series. Parekh isn't at 100%. Missed games 4 and 7. Guo not hurt but suspended, likely for the most of the series.
Methinks Guo will be back for the Mem Cup, but only as it's not an OHL event. I expect he'll also miss around 10 games next year.

Reactions: zman77

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Different season, playoff round. Where Saginaw and London were 3 months ago has no bearing on this series. Soo and London both like to play the hard game and Saginaw just weathered the storm against the Soo. I think skill and goaltending will decide this series. I'm actually having trouble figuring out a clear winner in this one. Simpson may be the tipping point in this round.
Yup. London in October is always a much different team than London from March forward. That's what makes them so good every year. Their team development is almost always off the charts.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Yup. London in October is always a much different team than London from March forward. That's what makes them so good every year. Their team development is almost always off the charts.
Its kinda crazy, the fall team completely underwhelmed me, to the point where I skipped the Nov. 5 game vs your Rangers to lie in insulation in my attic and wire my living room pot lights i'd been putting off for 2 years, because I wasn't interested in watching them get trounced.
Leaving the arena after the Dec 1 loss to Mississauga, I decided that despite the preseason hype, this team just didn't have it and that it wasn't worth getting upset about losses. I would just have to get used to a mediocre team.
The last time I had those feelings was leaving a game in the fall of 2015... That turned out pretty good, really hoping for a similar outcome this year.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I’ve been singing the physical song. If London does not set the tone physically then kiss the series goodbye

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I like London chances if they play physical and the saginaw floppers don't get their way. Good luck.
Not going to refer to Saginaw as floppers as London has done that too. I do think it’ll be interesting to see if London can get odd man rushes with how aggressive Dinonicio and Parekh are offensively. Hoping Parekh is healthy of course.

Dale900 is a good chess type coach. The team who defends the best will probably win. I’m sure there will be other extracurricular activity (slashes, chirping, crosschecks, etc). to try and get Sag’s skill players off their game. Not a huge fan of that but understand the tactic and it’s nothing new.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Should be a good series as will be the next one. I am thinking the Knights will win this one and Battalion-Generals winner will be tough sledding for sure.

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca