London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Don't slow it down. Watch it regular speed. You see McCue forcefully launch the butt end of his stick /elbow into the high chest area. Not sure if he caught the head or not but that doesn't really matter. It's well off the puck, a very dirty play.

Link to post:

Hmmm...watch the play. I don't think you would be arguing any of these things if you just watch the play.
You saw a butt end at regular speed? Clear as day a butt end? Ok, I'll take yet another look.

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So we won cause we are dirty? Is that the Rangers claim?
Yup ! You got it

According to league statistics, London is not only leading in points, but are also the most penalized team in the league. Couldn't possibly be the referee calvary is sent to slow down the big team in trying to balance out the league, no

It's a foolish comment, but then again, the whole incident is foolish if you ask me.

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Don't slow it down. Watch it regular speed. You see McCue forcefully launch the butt end of his stick /elbow into the high chest area. Not sure if he caught the head or not but that doesn't really matter. It's well off the puck, a very dirty play.

Link to post:

Hmmm...watch the play. I don't think you would be arguing any of these things if you just watch the play.
I commented because I did watch the play

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON

Link to post:

Wait a second, this the play people are complaining about?? The play where McCue wasn't even looking at Mesar and glided into him and Mesar fell to his Knee in no apparent discomfort?

I have watched a ton of hockey and guys collide sometimes, this wasn't even a nasty collision. Maybe I am missing something, but this just looks like two guys puck watching and ran into each other. Not a nasty elbow like people are saying ... his elbow wasn't even up?

Reactions: Holden Caufield

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
You saw a butt end at regular speed? Clear as day a butt end? Ok, I'll take yet another look.
What was clear as day to me was the forceful launching of the butt end of the stick/elbow into the upper chest area. You can tell that solid contact was made by the way that the movement stops abruptly.

Reactions: K2

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Next Rags/DirtyKnights game will probly have 2 minor penalties.
2 competitive teams, full of teens and both sides took it a little to far at times on a few plays. Happens. But I like Londons chances in a bench brawl.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbpointer

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
It is very much possible the injury came out of a legal hit and the player's fall caused the injury after, it sometime not the fault of the hitter if the recipient didn't protect himself as a result of a perfectly legal hit
Gee. Isn’t that exactly how the Jakob Kindl hit on Robbie Drummond can be described? I think so.

Oh oh. Did I open another can of worms here? ;).

Reactions: All the Answers

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Next Rags/DirtyKnights game will probly have 2 min penalties.
2 competitive teams, full of teens and both sides took it a little to far at times on a few plays. Happens. But I like Londons chances in a bench brawl.
Let's get a rare mid season end of game handshake to really confuse people.

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and tjziel

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Next Rags/DirtyKnights game will probly have 2 min penalties.
First minute of the game, someone will get a questionable penalty on the first hit thrown, clean or not.

The refs will want to “set the tone”. And in doing so, likely ruin what should be a good game.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
This is what happens. People take it personal. It is just a little chirp. You know, like evrey time a non-Knights fan says something about league favouritism, officials bias or financial back door slight of hand ( things unproven but if you lie enough times it sticks ). So... Rags it is.
The difference being so many out there actually believe that stuff to be true that's how naïve they are...

Reactions: rangersblues

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018

So if you start putting the pieces together,
Carter Hart and Dylan Dube, both members of that WJC team, have been granted indefinite leaves from their NHL teams.
Hmmmm.... I wonder who the next player(s) that will take a leave from their team(s) be?

Reactions: All the Answers

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON

So if you start putting the pieces together,
Carter Hart and Dylan Dube, both members of that WJC team, have been granted indefinite leaves from their NHL teams.
Hmmmm.... I wonder who the next player(s) that will take a leave from their team(s) be?
The rumours are the other players are Formenton and Comtois, both without NHL contracts right now. Not sure on the 5th as of yet. Again, all 4 names are rumours, but if you connect some dots, it points that way.

Edit - Just saw this on Formenton, he has been granted a leave from his team in Switzerland.

Geff

40yrs of season tix 23/24
Dec 11, 2007
The Bud Sec 106
The rumours are the other players are Formenton and Comtois, both without NHL contracts right now. Not sure on the 5th as of yet. Again, all 4 names are rumours, but if you connect some dots, it points that way.

Edit - Just saw this on Formenton, he has been granted a leave from his team in Switzerland.
Alex Formenton
Dylan Dube
Mike McLeod
Cal Foote
Carter Hart

All granted leave....

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Friday Nights game is the definition of two teams carrying opposite momentum…

Petes;
- On the road. 2nd night of back to back to back.
-8 game losing streak (League high)
- Many personnel changes. Lost veterans to trade

Knights;
- At Home. Well rested
- 14 game winning streak (League high)
- Very few personnel changes. Added a vet.

so Petes by 5 ? :D

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
It is games like these that teams are vulnerable to let downs. But I think the Erie game we are more likely to come out flat. Next weeks Kitchener game, thats the one to look to.

Streaks end. What happens after marks the team worthy or no.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
They need to play or try to win every shift regardless who they are playing, to look for the next one or the next game is to invite bad habits into their plays

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Dickinson, Luchanko and Sennecke lead the way in Kubota CHL/NHL Top Prospects on-ice testing​

30M Forward Skate with Puck
1 – Sam Dickinson (London Knights / OHL) — 3.902 seconds
2 – Nathan Villeneuve (Sudbury Wolves / OHL) — 3.984 seconds
3 – Jett Luchanko (Guelph Storm / OHL) — 3.985 seconds
4 – Eriks Mateiko (Saint John Sea Dogs / QMJHL) — 4.051 seconds
5 – Ben Danford (Oshawa Generals / OHL) — 4.08 seconds

30M Backwards Skate
1 – Zayne Parekh (Saginaw Spirit / OHL) — 4.442 seconds
2 – Charlie Elick (Brandon Wheat Kings / WHL) — 4.461 seconds
3 – Sam Dickinson (London Knights / OHL) — 4.482 seconds
4 – Beckett Sennecke (Oshawa Generals / OHL) — 4.614 seconds
5 – Ben Danford (Oshawa Generals / OHL) — 4.671 seconds