London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino200022

I have been saying this since day one, kid has really impressed me in both leagues. Very smart player, needs to improve his skating and use his size a little bit better but that will come. Reminds me of a Tinordi type of guy with a bit more offence and less Physicality. If he does not just stay with the club at this point he will most certainly get "Bonked" and be on our playoff roster.

Reactions: LDN

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
What is going on over there? Three guys on the bad boy list? Santa will not be impressed…..

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I have been saying this since day one, kid has really impressed me in both leagues. Very smart player, needs to improve his skating and use his size a little bit better but that will come. Reminds me of a Tinordi type of guy with a bit more offence and less Physicality. If he does not just stay with the club at this point he will most certainly get "Bonked" and be on our playoff roster.
Who are you referring to?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Knights’ Sam Dickinson named Cogeco OHL Player of the Week​

By Josh Sweetland
January 1, 2024

Toronto, Ont. – The Ontario Hockey League today announced that 2024 NHL Draft prospect Sam Dickinson of the London Knights is the Cogeco OHL Player of the Week, recording three goals, five assists and eight points over three games as the Knights went a perfect 3-0.

A 6-foot-3, 195Ib. left-shot defender, Dickinson put together the first of three straight multi-point outings on Thursday in Sarnia, recording a pair of assists in London’s 6-2 win over the Sting. Dickinson set a new career-high on Friday, posting two goals and two assists for four points as the Knights defeated the Sting 5-1. Dickinson was the game’s first star as he finished with six shots on goal and a plus/minus rating of plus-3. Dickinson closed out the week with a goal and an assist in Sunday’s 5-3 triumph over the Flint Firebirds, extending London’s winning streak to six games as the Knights enter 2024 sitting second in the Midwest Division. Dickinson was second among all OHL skaters with 18 shots on goal last week.

A 17-year-old from Toronto, Ont., Dickinson sits fourth among OHL blueliners with 34 points (11-23–34) over 35 games this season. His 118 shots on goal are the third-highest total among OHL rearguards. The former fourth overall pick of the 2022 OHL Priority Selection was voted to the OHL’s first all-rookie team last season after putting up 23 points (9-14–23) in 62 games. He was a big part of London’s success in the playoffs, helping them win a Western Conference title with eight points (4-4–8) in 21 playoff outings. Dickinson is currently an A-rated skater by NHL Central Scouting for the 2024 NHL Draft. He’s been selected to compete in the 2024 Kubota CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game set to take place in Moncton, NB on Wednesday, January 24th.

2023-24 Cogeco OHL Players of the Week – Regular Season:
Dec. 28 – Dec. 31: Sam Dickinson (London Knights)
Dec. 11 – Dec. 18: Ruslan Gazizov (London Knights

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Knights’ Sam Dickinson named Cogeco OHL Player of the Week​

By Josh Sweetland
January 1, 2024

Toronto, Ont. – The Ontario Hockey League today announced that 2024 NHL Draft prospect Sam Dickinson of the London Knights is the Cogeco OHL Player of the Week, recording three goals, five assists and eight points over three games as the Knights went a perfect 3-0.

A 6-foot-3, 195Ib. left-shot defender, Dickinson put together the first of three straight multi-point outings on Thursday in Sarnia, recording a pair of assists in London’s 6-2 win over the Sting. Dickinson set a new career-high on Friday, posting two goals and two assists for four points as the Knights defeated the Sting 5-1. Dickinson was the game’s first star as he finished with six shots on goal and a plus/minus rating of plus-3. Dickinson closed out the week with a goal and an assist in Sunday’s 5-3 triumph over the Flint Firebirds, extending London’s winning streak to six games as the Knights enter 2024 sitting second in the Midwest Division. Dickinson was second among all OHL skaters with 18 shots on goal last week.

A 17-year-old from Toronto, Ont., Dickinson sits fourth among OHL blueliners with 34 points (11-23–34) over 35 games this season. His 118 shots on goal are the third-highest total among OHL rearguards. The former fourth overall pick of the 2022 OHL Priority Selection was voted to the OHL’s first all-rookie team last season after putting up 23 points (9-14–23) in 62 games. He was a big part of London’s success in the playoffs, helping them win a Western Conference title with eight points (4-4–8) in 21 playoff outings. Dickinson is currently an A-rated skater by NHL Central Scouting for the 2024 NHL Draft. He’s been selected to compete in the 2024 Kubota CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game set to take place in Moncton, NB on Wednesday, January 24th.

2023-24 Cogeco OHL Players of the Week – Regular Season:
Dec. 28 – Dec. 31: Sam Dickinson (London Knights)
Dec. 11 – Dec. 18: Ruslan Gazizov (London Knights
Amazing!!!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Need a really good 2nd half to make up the 7 point lead the rangers have on us

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Need a really good 2nd half to make up the 7 point lead the rangers have on us
Knights have 2 games in hand as well, so win those and it’s only 3 points to make up. They also have 5 head to heads remaining with the Rangers. Those head to heads are 4 point swings and could determine who wins at minimum the division but likely the conference as well. Going to be interesting to see what happens at the deadline here and then down the stretch!

Reactions: Purple Phart

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Knights have 2 games in hand as well, so win those and it’s only 3 points to make up. They also have 5 head to heads remaining with the Rangers. Those head to heads are 4 point swings and could determine who wins at minimum the division but likely the conference as well. Going to be interesting to see what happens at the deadline here and then down the stretch!
This version of the Knights has accomplished the somewhat rare feat of stringing together a 6 game win streak with 3 of our better players doing duty at the WJT.
In seasons past, the team would build up a points cushion with the expectation of losing some games during the absence of their top players. This season, other players have stepped up and elevated their performances to compensate for the absence of their teammates. The Jr. B call-ups have also contributed and filled in as well as could be expected.
I don't know if the schedule and strength of opponents was fortuitous and contributed, but the winning streak certainly has helped.
I do have faith, that the team can continue their winning ways, even when playing teams currently ahead of them in the standings. Last season, the Knights habitually were winning tight games by 1 goal margins, but these guys are showing some progress in winning by more than the slimmest of margins, and they're doing so in regulation time.
I still have some anxiety regarding the quality of our goaltending, but having the defense we do, tends to make their efforts adequate, if not spectacular.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Canada eliminated from the tourney by the Czech Republic 3-2. Czech scored their winning goal on a defection off Bunk with only 11 seconds left in the third. So important to start a game right, their slow start had put Canada behind 2-0 after the first period.

Now it's the sweepstakes between Kitchener and London over Owen Beck, the best center available at this year trade deadline. IMHO

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
On a side note...looks like Cowan and Bonk will be back for Friday's game.
Sheesh. What a horrible coaching job by Letang. Wrong choice IMO. How does Hockey Canada take a guy that had a team full of stars in Sarnia last season and choked? Roster mismanagement absolutely mind-boggling. Using some of their best players on the checking line? Terrible.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Canada eliminated from the tourney by the Czech Republic 3-2. Czech scored their winning goal on a defection off Bunk with only 11 seconds left in the third. So important to start a game right, their slow start had put Canada behind 2-0 after the first period.

Now it's the sweepstakes between Kitchener and London over Owen Beck, the best center available at this year trade deadline. IMHO
I don't think Beck is a target for Hunter, not enough assets. Beck linked to the Soo (linked = speculation). See Soo thread, SN podcast comment posted)

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Fast Pace, Kitchener hasn't got the assets to pick up Beck.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I suppose we need to blame someone, why not the coaching staff.

I'd rather blame it on late NHL player arrival into the equation, kind of disrupted team gelling momentum. They are great players and were needed, it just that they were sent too late to build ream chemistry in my opinion. Besides, coaches can't go on the ice to execute for the players

• Haha
Reactions: Knights77

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Can't see Letang get another chance with Team Canada. Whether warranted or not, when you go out in the quarter finals, a scape goat is indeed needed.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't think Beck is a target for Hunter, not enough assets. Beck linked to the Soo (linked = speculation). See Soo thread, SN podcast comment posted)
I don't see any other player available that could really improve the Knights other than Beck. Might as well go with what we have, I am okay with it

Reactions: Purple Phart

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't see any other player available that could really improve the Knights other than Beck. Might as well go with what we have, I am okay with it
I'd be happy if we could find a way to add a top 6 forward. If so, we could put together 3 solid lines with the following players:
1.Cowan 2.Barkey 3 Halttunen 4.Gazizov 5.Julien 6.McCue 7.O'Reilly 8.Sim 9.New Guy.

What about the 4th line? Do we need one? Lol!

Defence is great.
Goaltending, good.
Then just roll the dice... and let the best team win.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Sudbury, Soo and Saginaw are all in there too for beck.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Fast Pace, Kitchener hasn't got the assets to pick up Beck.
I know you mentioned that before, the Rangers have a lot of young talent, it's whether they want to go for it this spring, if they do, they will find the asset

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I know you mentioned that before, the Rangers have a lot of young talent, it's whether they want to go for it this spring, if they do, they will find the asset
The Rangers really need some vet stay at home type defense IMO . Personally I think the Knights will climb up and be a tough go for the opposition. Can't ever count out the Hunters. Dale finds ways to win.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Sudbury, Soo and Saginaw are all in there too for beck.
I was kind of looking at teams that are specifically in need of a top six centerman and want to go for it, I know Saginaw Soo and Sudbury could all go for it this spring, even Kingston will be in the there comes spring time, however London and Kitchener are more of this need and will pay a little more for Owen in my opinion

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The Rangers really need some vet stay at home type defense IMO . Personally I think the Knights will climb up and be a tough go for the opposition. Can't ever count out the Hunters. Dale finds ways to win.
Oh! Agree with you here, too bad they couldn't keep Schmidt, I can understand why the offers were more for him, he's the reason why I think Kingston will be strong come playoffs. Are there another 19yr D available that can play top minutes, I don't know

Reactions: rangersblues

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I was kind of looking at teams that are specifically in need of a top six centerman and want to go for it, I know Saginaw Soo and Sudbury could all go for it this spring, even Kingston will be in the there comes spring time, however London and Kitchener are more of this need and will pay a little more for Owen in my opinion
We will see what happens but I think London would go after ludwinski he plays a game similar to Cowan and would be a great 2C with you guys assuming you keep top line. Pk, pp as well just like beck would be- but he’s likely to be cheaper. Beck I think will go to soo or Sudbury. Ludwinski either London or Saginaw

Oh! Agree with you here, too bad they couldn't keep Schmidt, I can understand why the offers were more for him, he's the reason why I think Kingston will be strong come playoffs. Are there another 19yr D available that can play top minutes, I don't know
Probably Leblanc but that would be an interesting trade lol would be a weird one like Lockhart to the generals an hour before puck drop

Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad