London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Have to give props to Boulton at the end there though, stupid play by the Sting goalie and he stood up for his teammate and then stood his ground and won a fight against a much bigger OA. I know the Boultons get criticism on here, but Ryder is only 16 and has lots of room to grow, on top of doing things like this to help his teammates out, those guys are well liked in the room and help a team stay together.
I agree with much of this. I see Ryder as a good team piece that will grow with the team.
Adding Sawyer might have been overkill but he woulda been a good guy to have in the lineup last night. Might have saved McCue a lengthy suspension..
I guess if anything Sawyer needs to pick his spots better. The hit he is sitting for was completely unnesessary and didn't help the team at all.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
#OHL Disciplinary Action: London's Max McCue has been suspended indefinitely as a result of actions on Dec. 29th vs. Sarnia.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Why is it every year the Sarnia Series results in line brawls, plays that make you go "Oh!", and suspensions? And each year these games seem to be the kickstart the team uses to launch into a playoff drive.

For the rest of the year, that Sarnia team is going to skate through brick walls for that goalie.

Sadly, McCue lost it. Some switch in his brain short circuited. Too bad cause we coulda used his momentum for a few more games.

So good to watch Gazizov finding his game. It will slow down a bit once the WJ players return.

Dickenson is a treat to watch. Definately part of the upper echelon of defensemen we've had in the Hunter Era.

One last thing. Dale has a sense of humour, but a nasty streakas well. I laughed out loud when Boulton lined up on that last power play. Slap your opponent in the face... 🤪

Gotta love Junior Hockey.

Last edited:

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Watched replay and neither official was calling the interference and never blew the whistle when Sarnia had puck until Boulton and Way dropped mitts. They covered their respective asses after the fact . Chartier should get suspended for starting the whole shit show and shooting the glove that caused the secondary issues.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
McCue showed in the last 10 games how good a player he can be and it has been very impressive. Unfortunately he can let his temper get the better of him like tonight and he will pay a heavy price. Hope he learns from it and comes back and is again the hockey player he has shown he can be.
Dale and his assistants can not go onto the ice and hold players by their hands when thing starts to heat up on spurts of the moment, leaders must recognized dumb actions are usually followed up with repercussions

This is the danger this team has been carrying this years more so than other years still and why no one has a letter on his jersey yet. If there is any drawback with London Knights it is how easy they can be taken off their game and why some teams are having some success against them. Once we start seeing letters we will then know Dale and co. are happy the way this team is going.

Reactions: zman77

dino200022

McCue chucked a full water bottle right at the head of the time keeper official in box...suspension most likely has nothing to do with anything on the ice. I agree if the refs call the initial penalty the play is stopped and cooler heads prevail. But instead they let the play go on for another 10 to 12 seconds and they should not be suspended as long as any other players are, this is on their heads.

Reactions: TheOrangePylon

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
That whole end of the game situation is a masterclass in how much of a 💩 show OHL officiating is.
None of that situation should have happend and considering the circumstance around it I'm ok with how the guys on the ice handled it. Suspensions in January when you stand up for yourself against inferior competition set the table for a united team in April and May when it matters.
Sarnia was Sarniaing last night and the officiating crew poured gas on it instead of extinguishing.
It shouldn't matter if officials make calls or not, like all players they too make mistakes or don't see everything. Regardless players shouldn't act dumb on the ice, this is what the penalties are for, and not for referees actions or missed

Reactions: zman77

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
It shouldn't matter if officials make calls or not, like all players they too make mistakes or don't see everything. Regardless players shouldn't act dumb on the ice, this is what the penalties are for, and not for referees actions or missed
Disagree on two levels.

1. In a league like the OHL where we expect the players to perform at a high level as if they are one level away from being pros then we should expect that from the in game officials as well.

2. I'd much rather have a team that reacts ( at times ) and goes to battle for each other when stupid stuff like last night happens. The positives of the team being a solid unit outweigh the negatives of some penalties even a 10 game suspension ( 10 games in January for this team aren't going to ultimately change the outcome of the season but playing scared in April might )

dino200022

They did not miss this one, they blatantly DID NOT CALL IT. They get PAID to officiate and keep these kids under control. Due to their lack of giving a shit because the game was almost over THEY caused the melee. If the whistle was blown when it should have all of this is moot and a few people get some roughing calls. Instead they let the play extend another 15 seconds and everyone was able to get in on the action. I usually agree with what you said about officials, but this is is 100 percent on them and the league for continuously not having any clear and transparent accountability attached towards their officials.

Last edited:

DCruickshank

Jan 8, 2022
That whole end of the game situation is a masterclass in how much of a 💩 show OHL officiating is.
None of that situation should have happend and considering the circumstance around it I'm ok with how the guys on the ice handled it. Suspensions in January when you stand up for yourself against inferior competition set the table for a united team in April and May when it matters.
Sarnia was Sarniaing last night and the officiating crew poured gas on it instead of extinguishing.
Lol...that's a London take for sure..

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knight's Prospects
The Knights had seven prospects take part in the GOJHL’s Top Prospect Games in Ayr earlier this week: Noah Jenken (Strathroy), PJ Fagan (Nationals), Blake Arrowsmith (Nationals), Reid Gammage (Cambridge), Alexei Medvedev (St. Thomas), Cohen Bidgood (St. Marys) Quinn McNamara (Nationals). Jenken, Fagan and Arrowsmith dressed for London Friday.
Logan Mailloux
How has defenceman Logan Mailloux’s transition to the pros been so far? The Knights grad is third on the Laval Rocket in scoring with five goals and 16 points in 28 games on the Canadiens’ farm team’s back end.

7Wacked

Nov 30, 2019
They did give Chartier an interference penalty, I do think though, they could have done a better job of getting in there quicker to prevent all the shenanigans from happening.
No call by either ref at the time at least no arm up? A signal may have helped avoid the player reaction.
How many fights for Boulton now (suspension?) He seemed reluctant at least at the start.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
O
Disagree on two levels.

1. In a league like the OHL where we expect the players to perform at a high level as if they are one level away from being pros then we should expect that from the in game officials as well.

2. I'd much rather have a team that reacts ( at times ) and goes to battle for each other when stupid stuff like last night happens. The positives of the team being a solid unit outweigh the negatives of some penalties even a 10 game suspension ( 10 games in January for this team aren't going to ultimately change the outcome of the season but playing scared in April might )
That's just it, isn't it, expectation reading from your comment, for officials is perfection nothing less. Just like all players playing in this league, if there are OHL level referees, it can only mean they've earned their positions. Like players they don't come here as pros, if they were they'd already be at the pro levels

dino200022

O

That's just it, isn't it, expectation reading from your comment, for officials is perfection nothing less. Just like all players playing in this league, if there are OHL level referees, it can only mean they've earned their positions. Like players they don't come here as pros, if they were they'd already be at the pro levels
I do not think perfection is what he is looking for. But blantantly not making a call because there is only 1:30 left in the game in not a mistake it was their intention. Somehow they were unable to read "the room"per say, we could see this scrum coming from mile a way if a Semi Pro ref is unable to see that then maybe they are in over their heads.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
They did not miss this one, they blatantly DID NOT CALL IT. They get PAID to officiate and keep these kids under control. Due to their lack of giving a shit because the game was almost over THEY caused the melee. If the whistle was blown when it should have all of this is moot and a few people get some roughing calls. Instead they let the play extend another 15 seconds and everyone was able to get in on the action. I usually agree with what you said about officials, but this is is 100 percent on them and the league for continuously not having any clear and transparent accountability attached towards their officials.
What can I say, how can I argue some one who is remotely viewing through referees eyes. It still doesn't matter, what do you do then if there were a call and players still act the same way, you just don't act stupid and you don't get stupid calls

dino200022

What can I say, how can I argue some one who is remotly viewing through referees eyes
The puck was RIGHT BESIDE Chartier, if both on ice officials " missed " that then neither should be allowed to drive a car let alone ref a tyke game. It was obvious they were hoping to just get the game over, maybe they were not forwarded it was the send of a back to back with notorious rivals?

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Typical bullshit. OHL has outdone themselves! Terrible officiating! Blow the whistle and call the interference right away and it ends!
Alex Ross was a terrible official at every level. Only got to where he is by being a suck up. Spoken as a former co official of his.

My solution would been when Boulton was out there picking fights with 2:00 left you give him a 10 and everyone else who does anything but play the puck simple game management.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Alex Ross was a terrible official at every level. Only got to where he is by being a suck up. Spoken as a former co official of his.

My solution would been when Boulton was out there picking fights with 2:00 left you give him a 10 and everyone else who does anything but play the puck simple game management.
I get you here. The thing was so out of control already Boulton wasn't picking fights he was dragged into one. By that point in the game due largely to the incompetence of the officiating crew the game had already degraded to Hatcher era Sting level.

So not disagreeing with you but ironically this particular time a Boulton didn't instigate or even really engage initially but once he was in it did his thing..

Reactions: dino200022

dino200022

I get you here. The thing was so out of control already Boulton wasn't picking fights he was dragged into one. By that point in the game due largely to the incompetence of the officiating crew the game had already degraded to Hatcher era Sting level.

So not disagreeing with you but ironically this particular time a Boulton didn't instigate or even really engage initially but once he was in it did his thing..

I agree, it was Leblanc trying to get Boulton to fight for most of the shift and Boulton kept saying no and pointing to the score board. Boulton just stuck up for his teammate 15 seconds after the incident as the play continued to go on, absolutely no issues with what he ended up doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad