London Knights 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They likely know they will get Steklov and Mailloux in the new year. Makes more sense to trade him now rather than later when other teams are aware/might diminish the value.
Agreed

Steklov is 100% and was enroute had he not got the call to sub in. They had to make room. Make the deal and get Roger settled in while you lick your wounds for a few weeks. Your depth players gain playing time and confidence while you endure a few speed bumps. Not the Hunter's 1st rodeo.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
I know a lot of people think that Guelph has our number... but with a totally different team on the ice tonight it could be a pleasant surprise

I admire everybody's optimism, but I think this one's gonna be ugly. :help:

strykerman

Sep 1, 2012
I definitely agree with some of the poster's comments on the play by play guy.:nod::nod::nod: First time in a long time that I have listened to a knight's home broadcast. For the team..... I'm sure it was a wake up call and Mr. Hunter will have them better prepared. Most certainly hurt with the 2 big guns at junior camp, but also, other regs. not playing. Did notice Mr. Stranges throw a body check after the goal to Mr. Morgan ,(celebration), seemed to have shook him up abit with his facial expression. Would be nice to see him deliver that to an opposing player:thumbu:. We sure do need someone at the point who can actually shoot the puck with heat.. as many have posted here. We have been spoiled in recent years or longer with that ability.

Reactions: LDNknights

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I don't think there is ever a clear cut favorite in any given season so with the group London has this season they have to go for it

Mailoux and Steklov are zero cost improvements that will be happening and have the capability to take an already decent defensive team (with Brochu of course) to very strong. Up front is the challenge and Mark has to be on point to upgrade without having a ton of resources in the cupboard. Who better then Mark to do it? One last caveat in my opinion if Stranges fails to show much in the WJC period I would look to use him potentially as a piece in order to upgrade up front. His resume looks good and may be able to allow a GM to look OK in front of his fan base moving an elite player for futures? Sorry the clock has pretty much run its course on the Stranger Danger act in my opinion.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

The full fight. I would pick up X in a heartbeat if we could get him at a reasonable price. Having said that, great check by McSorley last night. It was no charge.

I'm really struggling to see what has the X man sitting by not knowing how long his suspension is? Are we missing something horrendous he did after the fight? Wow the fatal blow was seriously on point though!

Reactions: sbpointer

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
I heard that Federkow has mono so he is out indefinitely and MacKinnon is in concussion protocol so probably game to game.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Call me crazy...but I don't want Xhekaj in a Knights jersey
Xhekaj is more than just a scrapper. Once the post season starts, he’d be a valuable top four D on a deep top contender.

And since the slew foot suspension, the undisciplined penalties have ended. Definitely not a liability out there.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I'm really struggling to see what has the X man sitting by not knowing how long his suspension is? Are we missing something horrendous he did after the fight? Wow the fatal blow was seriously on point though!

What you see in the video is all there is. Speculation is that the league didn’t like the post fight cele.

But we won’t know til Branch makes an announcement.

Weneeddefence

Nov 27, 2021
Don't know why stranges play bothers me, his constant puck give away on his passes and breaking into the zone while stick handLing and losing the puck is frustrating

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Too great a risk to any fan base that he ends up suspended for an entire playoff series. He hasn't demonstrated that he can keep his cool consistently.

Obviously, you haven’t been paying attention. At least since the games vs Guelph very early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad