London Knights 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Anyone have the link to the fellow who tracks draft picks?
From my records London next two drafts look like:

2022 -1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 6th (Owen sound), 6th (Erie), 7-15th (London original picks), 15 (Niagara)

2023 -1st, 3rd, 3rd NB, 5th, 6th, 6th Erie, 7-10th, 10th Missy, 11th-15th (London’s own picks), 12th Missy, 15th Windsor. I think London sent a conditional 4th pick to Kingston but not sure if those conditions have been satisfied.

can anyone confirm ?

Reactions: LDNknights and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So I am assuming the Knights have used up approximately 26 cards meaning what 4 cards left?

My thought is they should strategically use these cards on:

1. Mailloux
2. Import (Steklov if he comes back or Gushchin from Niagara or Zanetti from PBO) If none of those options work go for an OA
3. OA (Xhekaj from the Rangers, Sproule from PBO if they are selling, Petizan from the Rangers)
4. Star Player (Thompson from Sudbury, McTavish from PBO, Othmann from Flint, Cuylle from Windsor)

Ideally we get back Mailloux and Steklov somehow magically comes back (seems like he is doing okay in Russia) This would solidify our D core quite a bit though and not sure if we would need Thompson or Xhekaj, but I am sure both would be nice additions.... I still hold to the fact we need more offence both from the back end and up front.

Reactions: LDNknights

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
So I am assuming the Knights have used up approximately 26 cards meaning what 4 cards left?

My thought is they should strategically use these cards on:

1. Mailloux
2. Import (Steklov if he comes back or Gushchin from Niagara or Zanetti from PBO) If none of those options work go for an OA
3. OA (Xhekaj from the Rangers, Sproule from PBO if they are selling, Petizan from the Rangers)
4. Star Player (Thompson from Sudbury, McTavish from PBO, Othmann from Flint, Cuylle from Windsor)

Ideally we get back Mailloux and Steklov somehow magically comes back (seems like he is doing okay in Russia) This would solidify our D core quite a bit though and not sure if we would need Thompson or Xhekaj, but I am sure both would be nice additions.... I still hold to the fact we need more offence both from the back end and up front.
Adding too much spice to an already decent meal will ruin it

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Adding too much spice to an already decent meal will ruin it
true enough OTTO. I think if somehow we do add with no subtraction (Mailloux and potentially Steklov) Thats already a solid addition....with that being said wouldnt McTavish look good in a Knights uni? That kids is a truck! goal scoring machine, good on the dot, leader...would be our #1C

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Anyone have the link to the fellow who tracks draft picks?
From my records London next two drafts look like:

2022 -1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 6th (Owen sound), 6th (Erie), 7-15th (London original picks), 15 (Niagara)

2023 -1st, 3rd, 3rd NB, 5th, 6th, 6th Erie, 7-10th, 10th Missy, 11th-15th (London’s own picks), 12th Missy, 15th Windsor. I think London sent a conditional 4th pick to Kingston but not sure if those conditions have been satisfied.

can anyone confirm ?

Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database

Otto

true enough OTTO. I think if somehow we do add with no subtraction (Mailloux and potentially Steklov) Thats already a solid addition....with that being said wouldnt McTavish look good in a Knights uni? That kids is a truck! goal scoring machine, good on the dot, leader...would be our #1C
I'm not worried what McTavish would look like in a Knights uniform. I'm worried about what any players used to acquire him are going to look like in their new uniforms.

Reactions: LDN and LDNknights

Otto

There's something to be said about letting an already very good team spend the time together to gel. As far as the Western Conference goes, only Guelph & The Soo appear to be real threats right now. The unfortunate thing is that the Knights do not play the Soo again before the deadline, and they have no idea how they will stack up against Saginaw because they will not see them for the first time until after the deadline. And there's no point in trying to assemble a roster that you think will beat who comes out of the East.. it's a crapshoot. That's why I don't think you'll see a lot of bodies leaving London

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I think Xhekaj is a clear target for me. The thing the Knights are missing most right now are legitimate offensive threats from the blue line. Oftentimes the forwards won't pass the puck back to the point because none of blue liners have threatening shots, which makes the cycle much easier to defend. Hopefully Mailloux has also been putting in the volunteer hours, so he can have a strong application to be reinstated, because his talents would certainly help the Knights as well.

Xhekaj-Mailloux
George-Keane
Montgomery/Roger/Edward/Mackinnon (whichever two you keep, doesn't really matter too much)

That would be a blue line that would be hard to top with Brochu behind them.

Mactavish would be the ideal final piece of the puzzle in my eyes. Evangelista is the closest thing to an elite talent, but Mactavish is a tier above. Neither Stranges nor Evangelista are the perfect trigger men for a powerplay and having Mactavish being the primary shot option opposite Evangelista with Stranges quarterbacking would go a long way compared to having Morgan in that spot.

McGurn-MacTavish-Evangelista
Stranges-Morgan-Gazizov

The lack of picks would certainly be an obstacle in acquiring both MacTavish and Xhekaj (plus I really don't want to trade Barkey if we can help it). Rolofs, Bujold, Sim, Federkow, and Crane are the most obvious trade candidates from the roster, but they're not likely enough to pull MacTavish.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Any trade for McTavish would likely include a team’s 16 year old 1st rounder, picks, then multiple conditional picks should he play in this league next year.

A Rob Thomas to Hamilton type deal.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Any trade for McTavish would likely include a team’s 16 year old 1st rounder, picks, then multiple conditional picks should he play in this league next year.

A Rob Thomas to Hamilton type deal.

It’s a shame that neither Bujold or Rolofs have become top talents, because it makes Barkey much more difficult to trade. There’s a solid group of 04s, but no real elite talents that can buffer the loss of Barkey in the years to come.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
It’s a shame that neither Bujold or Rolofs have become top talents, because it makes Barkey much more difficult to trade. There’s a solid group of 04s, but no real elite talents that can buffer the loss of Barkey in the years to come.
I like Bujolds game alot! Rolofs just floats around to much in my opinion

Reactions: Fastpace

LDNknights

Nov 16, 2021
I would love to see McTavish and Xhekaj in a knights jersey but the price would be too high. Especially since this team could contend next year as well so giving up young players and more picks would be very costly

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Ok, let me make the case for NOT acquiring Xman from the Rangers. Our team has had exposure to the Rangers 2x with him in the lineup. Did you notice any of our players appearing to be intimidated by his presence ? Was he the difference-maker in either game ? Was his presence in their lineup contributory to their offensive ability ?
Point being that the Knights won both games without him in our lineup, and it honestly wasn't all that close. So, what does he bring that Logan M. won't provide....at no cost !!!
It's my feeling that yes, he might be a good addition, but it also raises the question as to how well he might "fit in". Presently, he IS the main man on the Rangers roster, but on the Knights, he might not even be given a letter. Could he adjust to playing second fiddle ? That could possibly be a factor worth consideration. Asking price will probably be on the high side, so do you really see Mark Hunter buying high ? Not if history is any indication.

jfacowns

Mar 15, 2019
I have 2 tickets to the following games

Friday Dec 3 Vs. Erie
Saturday Dec 4 Vs Sarnia

Tickets are in Section 315, Row H, Seats 3 & 4. Upper Bowl just to the right of center ice.

$40 per pair

Tickets are in PDF format, prefer to email them and receive e transfer

DM me if interested

All proceeds go towards my quarantine/medical bills after contracting covid here in Bangkok! :/
There's a 12 hour time difference here so I might not respond right away to you but I will absolutely respond.

Otto

My goodness man.. Rolofs has played 43 games in the league.. with a season cancelled.. Bujold is 16 games into his OHL career... let's give them some time before we completely write them off

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Bujould definitely needs to get stronger.Very weak along the boards.
Rolofs has improved and is using his size more and can put the puck in the net.
Would like to see a Veteran D man with skill and physicallity.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
My goodness man.. Rolofs has played 43 games in the league.. with a season cancelled.. Bujold is 16 games into his OHL career... let's give them some time before we completely write them off
For sure, but currently the guys the Knights picked after them are outperforming them
McCue, Gilmartin, Mailloux(even him)>Rolofs
Smith, George, Crane, Sim, Edward > Bujold

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Bujould definitely needs to get stronger.Very weak along the boards.
Rolofs has improved and is using his size more and can put the puck in the net.
Would like to see a Veteran D man with skill and physicallity.
Xman is the guy

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Bujold has good speed and defense, but at the end of the day, he's pretty much Billy Moskal 2.0 (not a bad player, just not worthy of McTavish in a trade).
I was just making that comparison the other day, Bujold = Moskal.
Drafting out of the Ottawa area (Rolofs, Bujold) has yet to pay off although there are exceptions, McGurn and Smith but I think of Smith as more of a Windsor product than Ottawa, hence the "Motor City Smitty" nickname.

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I agree with everyone. Barkey should NOT be traded as he is the future leader of this team....I dont mind us trading picks as we will have a full lineup next year with at least 11 returning forwards + Cowan, at least 5 returning Defencemen + Bonk, at least 2 returning goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad