London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Went to the St Thomas Stars game last night. Onuska was pulled at the end of 2 periods after 7 had gotten past him. Team is terrible but Onuska looked disinterested and played poorly. Not sure this is the right place (St Thomas is horrible) for him to be if we are counting on him for next season? FYI the second to last place team Komoka ended up with a shutout win 10-0. Argh should have kept my receipt and asked for my 10 bucks back!

Reactions: LDN

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
How was the viewing experience last night?
We’ll, thanks for asking. Thinking I pay $35 plus HST per month from October till May, and a full OHL live pass is $180 for the regular season. Plus having the convenience of watching games live of my iPad when down south on vacation, or, watching the Knights on my iPad inside the Meridian Centre on the Friday nights I suffer viewing the IceDogs, I would say it would be a good investment. Just pissed that I am paying Cogeco now for crappy SD coverage. I do enjoy watching as many O games as I can particularly the Gens on Sunday evenings as I am not a football guy.

The app worked well regarding ease of use and streaming quality, it was however the Knights broadcast as the streams from Flint, Erie, and Sag are really Stinky. The audio was about 2 seconds ahead of the video perhaps others could chime in on that to see if it was the feed or not. I will try streaming from my iPad to my AppleTV next to determine if the Q is any better.

The issue now is, its late December, Cogeco locked me into 6mo contract and I doubt the OHL Live package would pro-rate. Anyone know if they would?

Anything is better than the crappy SD coverage I get now.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Knights Icedogs game is rescheduled for Feb 4th the game will be played from the start

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
without McMichael the Knights are not a good team. Change my mind.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
We’ll, thanks for asking. Thinking I pay $35 plus HST per month from October till May, and a full OHL live pass is $180 for the regular season. Plus having the convenience of watching games live of my iPad when down south on vacation, or, watching the Knights on my iPad inside the Meridian Centre on the Friday nights I suffer viewing the IceDogs, I would say it would be a good investment. Just pissed that I am paying Cogeco now for crappy SD coverage. I do enjoy watching as many O games as I can particularly the Gens on Sunday evenings as I am not a football guy.

The app worked well regarding ease of use and streaming quality, it was however the Knights broadcast as the streams from Flint, Erie, and Sag are really Stinky. The audio was about 2 seconds ahead of the video perhaps others could chime in on that to see if it was the feed or not. I will try streaming from my iPad to my AppleTV next to determine if the Q is any better.

The issue now is, its late December, Cogeco locked me into 6mo contract and I doubt the OHL Live package would pro-rate. Anyone know if they would?

Anything is better than the crappy SD coverage I get now.
Icedogs do not have many Friday home games this year.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I agree. Losing Foudy can be made up for but losing McM is a tough one that they won't be able to come back from. Not enough grittiness and depth on this team right now.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I agree. Losing Foudy can be made up for but losing McM is a tough one that they won't be able to come back from. Not enough grittiness and depth on this team right now.
We need more toughness and skill. With that being said I think the 3rd period last night was a good statement to the boys. They are capable, but need to work super hard to win. Gotta play the full 60. McMichael sure makes it easier.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Hate to say it but inconsistent goaltending is our Achilles Heel this season. You can bring in all the high end forwards and D-men you want, but when our goalies can't stop simple shots that's a problem. We're going to have to outscored teams 10-9 to win consistently and that isn't happening. Not sold on Brochu and definitely not sold on Myskiw. Seems like the league has done their homework on Dylan and he's getting beaten consistently low glove side.
Agreed.Our goaltending is below average.
Brochu is Too small to start with.
Misq is Meh.
Need to get a veteran OHL BIG BODIED goalie.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London

Maybe not as good but not terrible either. Could we use some help with secondary scoring? Yes. That could be said of every team.

Last night they shouldn't have even been on the ice. Their minds were not in it. Third period they played hard, power plays helped to gain momentum.

Can't judge team based on last night.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Agreed.Our goaltending is below average.
Brochu is Too small to start with.
Misq is Meh.
Need to get a veteran OHL BIG BODIED goalie.
Idk I think the goaltending is fine. We just gotta play some team defence.

Reactions: zman77
I think the New Jersey’s look better with the black around the numbers, but maybe that’s just me.
Aesthetically?...yes...it "pops" with the black...but when I see one it looks like someone went home and let their 5yr old outline the back numbers with a black sharpie. Just looks wrong and odd when the arm numbers are list 2 colour. I own close to 100 jerseys so I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to people wearing jerseys that don't "comply" with the collectors standard. At the very least if you're gonna do the back tri-colour, do the arms too. Still not right, but at least it would look better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad