London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Robbie Thomas and Alex Formenton:
Invited to Team Canada U20 Selection Camp.
32 Players invited to Camp which starts on Monday, December 11th.
December 20th:
Team Canada vs Czech Republic Game in London-Pre-WJC.
That answers my question. It will have to be Pu.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
0dao5fzY_bigger.jpg
Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 2h2 hours

Obviously, six NHL players eligible to play on Team CAN
for WJC won’t be on today’s list of 32.
They include 3 D —
Victor Mete (MTL),
Samuel Girard (COL)
Jakob Chychrun (ARI) —
and 3 F —

Pierre Luc Dubois (CBJ),
Nolan Patrick (PHI),
Tyson Jost (COL).

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Not that it matters but the Aud was packed last night. A sell out is over 7000. I think the game sheet says 7132. Teddy Bears are the only thing we can beat the Knights at. Take that away we got nothing:eek:
Would be great though to see the Knights beat our number. Goes to a great cause.:)

We had like 9400 bears and a sell out is 9039

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I think the Knights will trash Sarnia in those games, might as well think positive .

We will be without Kyrou and Ruzicka, but those two have been invisible for the last 5-6 games and our depth has won our games for us, that and Fazio. I expect the games to be extremely tight.

Reactions: Fastpace

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
We will be without Kyrou and Ruzicka, but those two have been invisible for the last 5-6 games and our depth has won our games for us, that and Fazio. I expect the games to be extremely tight.

Don't you worry any Ferda11, just having some fun here on our site as we haven't had much to cheer about this year yet. Have a great season !

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
London fans, how has Formenton played this year? He looked really good in training camp for us and saw that he had a hot start for london this year.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
In other news the Hounds are currently pasting the Sting...

seems like it'll be quite the task for anyone to beat them.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
He's been great.
London fans, how has Formenton played this year? He looked really good in training camp for us and saw that he had a hot start for london this year.
Formenton has played great!
He accepts whatever role Dale Hunter gives to him whether it's checking the #1 Line of the opposition or playing PP and PK.
He 'brings it' every game.
It seems every game he has 1 or 2 'break-away' opportunities.
Formenton's speed is elite and puts the opposing team on their heels which creates opportunities for scoring when he's on the ice.
Ottawa have a 'diamond' with their #47 pick in the 2017 NHL Draft.

Reactions: thesensguy
For those of you who don't know me personally, you also don't know a fellow poster here on this forum is my father.

fansince65

Pops lost his fight this morning after a battle in which he never quit, scrapping right till the final whistle. Forever my Wingman. My father introduced me to the Knights at the ripe old age of 2 and was always by my side for EVERY Knights game until his diminishing health kept him from seeing "his boys" live in recent years. Pops will always be in the hearts of the many posters on this forum that he knew personally. Full of piss and vinegar he always called 'em as he saw 'em, a trait he passed on to me from a very young age. Section 309 Row A will miss his wit and humour.

RIP Pops

126bp6v.jpg

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
For those of you who don't know me personally, you also don't know a fellow poster here on this forum is my father.

fansince65

Pops lost his fight this morning after a battle in which he never quit, scrapping right till the final whistle. Forever my Wingman. My father introduced me to the Knights at the ripe old age of 2 and was always by my side for EVERY Knights game until his diminishing health kept him from seeing "his boys" live in recent years. Pops will always be in the hearts of the many posters on this forum that he knew personally. Full of piss and vinegar he always called 'em as he saw 'em, a trait he passed on to me from a very young age. Section 309 Row A will miss his wit and humour.

RIP Pops

126bp6v.jpg

PP 31

Very sorry to hear about your loss,as you know I got to see him a number of times when I came to see some games in London,in years gone by always enjoyed talking with him,a great guy
Again very sorry to hear this sad news
Sure he will be watching from above

PP 31

Very sorry to hear about your loss,as you know I got to see him a number of times when I came to see some games in London,in years gone by always enjoyed talking with him,a great guy
Again very sorry to hear this sad news
Sure he will be watching from above
Thanks HL.

I'll always remember his chuckle when you had that comment about Andreas Athanasiou when we came to Windsor to see a game.

"All sizzle no steak"

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Mete is not on the list of invitees to WJC; does this mean he will not be on the team? or are there other factors involved?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Mete is not on the list of invitees to WJC; does this mean he will not be on the team? or are there other factors involved?
0dao5fzY_bigger.jpg
Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 2h2 hours

Obviously, six NHL players eligible to play on Team CAN
for WJC won’t be on today’s list of 32.
They include 3 D —
Victor Mete (MTL),
Samuel Girard (COL)
Jakob Chychrun (ARI) —
and 3 F —
Pierre Luc Dubois (CBJ),
Nolan Patrick (PHI),
Tyson Jost (COL).