London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Is Colton White of the Soo Greyhounds part of another deal?
Hfp92
wrote today:
Someone look up how many minutes Colton White has in AHL right now ?

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Getting a good goaltender is a fool's errand in the OHL.

The Hunters have had success with late picks/free agents - Houle, MacDonald, Dennis (Guelph - 14th round), Mason, Houser, Parsons

Others came in drafted high and didn't do so well - Zador, Herbst, Vella

Using assets on Cann and Hutchinson did not work out so well either.

The Knights had one of the best goalies this franchise has seen last year on a 46 win team and still couldn't make it out of round 2.

So it makes little sense to invest much into goaltending.

DiPietro is an anomaly, not the norm. He could have easily been Vella, Herbst, DeKort, Zador, DiRienzo, etc.

The Knights could like Raaymakers for any reason though. It just seems odd from London's perspective.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I'm gonna be the first one to say it, but I love the deal for Raaymakers! Quote me on this at the end of the year, you won't regret him over Johnson. He also has a winning record against the Knights in his OHL career

Same here, Kooy wasn't being pushed with Johnson here. Now he will be. Raaymakers is a great improvement over Johnson

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
So far we got rid of Mattinen. But got a great return... we trade for Rollo for a high price and he has done nothing (small sample size).... then Collins (zero risk add) .... now Raaymakers who is a high priced risk/reward.

I'm giving our playeplayer mgmt score a generous 6/10

When did a conditional late 4th round pick become a "high price"?

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
This trade allowed London to get another year out of a goaltender who can return for another season. Only costs a couple picks, which can be recouped if they move him next year when Kooy can take full reigns. Don’t see why people think this is bad deal. Gave up one roster piece and a few picks, which can be easily replaced in future deals.

Let’s move on. Change can be a good thing when a team is in a funk

Reactions: zman77

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Not too sure what is the point exactly you are trying to communicate with your half done statistics. May I remind you the amounts of players on the ice at times of any even strenght goals is six including the goalie , and the fact some players plays 25-30 mi. a game and some others may only see 4-6 minutes ! There are no transparancy in your statistics to hide your attack and your personal disliking of Bouchard !!!
I really don't see the problem with his comments on Bouchard, I have been so excited about this kid since he has joined the team, a defenseman that is solid defensively with a great point shot is one thing we have missed in London for a while, probably since Carlson. I was happy with his progress last year and looking forward to him growing this year. He has not impressed me at all this year. I don't know if he is worn out from all the minutes or is going through something, but he has been noticeably slow getting back to his own end and have seen him actually just standing there as the opposing team scores goals this year. I am all for D men jumping up in the play as long as they're position is covered and make sure they hustle back in the case of a turn over. That is not what he is doing. It's almost as if the play goes the other way it's an "oh well they're probably just gonna score anyway". Again I am not sure what has changed but hopefully he can get it figured out and get back to being a top d man

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
HEY! Dream do come true eh! I for one am so happy we got this fella to tend twine!
For those saying Johnson and Kooy weren’t the issue....you’re right. But they sure weren’t stealing us any games either. This guy will. Give it a few games and he will be a fan favourite.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
HEY! Dream do come true eh! I for one am so happy we got this fella to tend twine!
For those saying Johnson and Kooy weren’t the issue....you’re right. But they sure weren’t stealing us any games either. This guy will. Give it a few games and he will be a fan favourite.

I just want to know .. Are you still dreaming ???

Reactions: webegtodiffer

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017

I sure hope you are right, however, very few fairy tales come true. It will make for a great story, goalie holds out on the 2nd place team he didn't do much for to force a trade to the last place team to take them to the promised land. Like I say, I hope it works out for all involved and only time will tell.

Reactions: GoKnightsGo44

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I really don't see the problem with his comments on Bouchard, I have been so excited about this kid since he has joined the team, a defenseman that is solid defensively with a great point shot is one thing we have missed in London for a while, probably since Carlson. I was happy with his progress last year and looking forward to him growing this year. He has not impressed me at all this year. I don't know if he is worn out from all the minutes or is going through something, but he has been noticeably slow getting back to his own end and have seen him actually just standing there as the opposing team scores goals this year. I am all for D men jumping up in the play as long as they're position is covered and make sure they hustle back in the case of a turn over. That is not what he is doing. It's almost as if the play goes the other way it's an "oh well they're probably just gonna score anyway". Again I am not sure what has changed but hopefully he can get it figured out and get back to being a top d man

The kid (Bouchard) is only 17 he has only two full seasons under him and was until the acquisation of Collins the most senior D on the team with Golden who had only himself played just over half of a season. Why not save the criticism of Bouchard untill he plays his fourth or fith year in this league as a 19 or 20 yr old !!!

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I sure hope you are right, however, very few fairy tales come true. It will make for a great story, goalie holds out on the 2nd place team he didn't do much for to force a trade to the last place team to take them to the promised land. Like I say, I hope it works out for all involved and only time will tell.
Sadly there is nothing wrong with that statement is there!

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I can cut Bouchard some slack he has been out on the ice for 30min a game with no support. He has made huge mistakes and has holes in his game that are glaring when he is on the ice that much. In a 3/4 told he would look like a superstar. This time last year juolevi was struggling when playing big minutes and look how well he turned out.... So maybe Bouchard doesn't get drafted.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Same here, Kooy wasn't being pushed with Johnson here. Now he will be. Raaymakers is a great improvement over Johnson

I’m going to agree with this. 2 years of Raaymakers and Kooy will be ready after that. Johnson is a good kid but not an OHL starting caliber goalie.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Bouchard has all the tools to impress going North, his defensive game has slipped a bit and yes there have been some fugly mistakes. But the first thing to go when you are tired is the mind.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This trade allowed London to get another year out of a goaltender who can return for another season. Only costs a couple picks, which can be recouped if they move him next year when Kooy can take full reigns. Don’t see why people think this is bad deal. Gave up one roster piece and a few picks, which can be easily replaced in future deals.

Let’s move on. Change can be a good thing when a team is in a funk

Of course picks can be recouped, but the idea is we want a lot so we can afford to strengthen the team when we make a run.

Kooy/Johnson were fine, and I doubt Raaymakers will be much of an upgrade. If we were spending 2 2nds we should have targeted a defenceman.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Sure hope Raaymakers is ready for this - no camp time, no preseason and everyone else has nearly 10 games into the season. Should make for an easy start in front on 9,000 patient fans. Hope you guys give him a chance, he will need some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad