London Knights 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Sadly, no. :(

Nelli27- No disrespect but I have to disagree with you on the McCarron comment, he looks much improved from last year, he has better puck control, see the ice better, and skating has improved. The one thing I will agree with all is his face off abilities are terrible, he need much work in this department.
Yes time will tell if I am off on this or not.

This just an opinion
Peace

In any event, I hope he picks it up this year - for his sake, but, more selfishly, for the Knights' sake.

What position was he playing & any sense of the lines.

Sorry if I'm behind. I haven't really been following camp that much.

Now that the OHL and NHL season is drawing closer, I'm going to dig out one of my Patrick Kane/Knights/Sombrero avatars :nod:

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
McCarron has thinned out and appears quicker with a more secure stride. The biggest problem I have with McCarron is he plays like a sack of hammers. He should be wrecking people in this league yet he gets knocked off his skates easier than most 13 yr olds. I have seen improvement...but based on last season how could he get any worse?

Agreed also... he was getting moved out from in front of the net on the PP quiet easily. He tends to roam when on the ice... gets out of his position rather easily which is an easy fix but shouldn't be happening.

FOG Sports

Jul 8, 2013
Agree Welly's hit wasnt bad and he should not get suspended

On the other hand ....Just wondering if anyone else caught the flying elbow BUSHNELL caught Julius Bergman with? Rogers TV showed it and it looked like a classic "targeted hit to the head" and worthy of a suspension.

Bergman staggered into the bench, left before the end of the 2nd and didnt return.
Bergman looked pretty smooth and had 2 assists before the cheap shot
Kinda hope the Knights send it in to the OHL for review and Bushnell gets a few games off for his Bush League act

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Notice that Soper is no longer on the Knights' roster. Guess he was released. Good move in my view.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Agree Welly's hit wasnt bad and he should not get suspended

On the other hand ....Just wondering if anyone else caught the flying elbow BUSHNELL caught Julius Bergman with? Rogers TV showed it and it looked like a classic "targeted hit to the head" and worthy of a suspension.

Bergman staggered into the bench, left before the end of the 2nd and didnt return.
Bergman looked pretty smooth and had 2 assists before the cheap shot
Kinda hope the Knights send it in to the OHL for review and Bushnell gets a few games off for his Bush League act

With the amount of games that Ho Sang got last year for a hit that happens every game, from your statement, Bushnell should get at least 40 games.

fmco1999

Dec 15, 2013
With the amount of games that Ho Sang got last year for a hit that happens every game, from your statement, Bushnell should get at least 40 games

Are u a windsor fan? Or do have ZERO hockey knowledge , or even worse both

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Great news! Apparently Cicarelli is fine today according to a tweet from Shaun Bisson.

Kobe1468

Jan 1, 2014
Mossley, On
How was the goaltending?

Ha Ha!!

How is Dvorak looking through training camp and preseason(so far)? Hoping the kid will get his chance to shine.

Does anybody have any thoughts on Welychka's future as a Knight? Keep hearing he's gone...but hoping he stays. Between he and Mermis, two very grounded players with leadership ability.(to help the youngsters along).

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
How was the goaltending?

Don't have actual viewing to support it but sounded liked a true "B" squad game. Knights were outshot 43-19 and going by Twitter it was ready to go into full gong show mode given the opportunity. In my opinion, Darveau and Giugovaz are pawns who won't see the start of October.

Don't have actual viewing to support it but sounded liked a true "B" squad game. Knights were outshot 43-19 and going by Twitter it was ready to go into full gong show mode given the opportunity. In my opinion, Darveau and Giugovaz are pawns who won't see the start of October.

Knights didn't dress any regulars from last season. The only 2 players that dressed that have OHL experience were Owen MacDonald and Tait Seguin. Take it from there.

Darveau isn't much better than Giugovaz...no need to waste an OA card on him. Call up Vella after you deal Giugovaz(or cut him whichever comes 1st) and endure a season of growing pains. You're not winning anything with the projected lineup anyway....or better yet...just call up Trevor Wheaton. If any goaltender has been snowed over by this organization..it's Wheaton.

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Arguably just as good as Patterson in my viewings..if not better. Patterson came in with amazing pedigree...for whatever reason didn't progress in my opinion. I'd give the kid a shot.

Oh I think we know the reason ;) I was referring to your "screwed over" comment. So you were not necessarily referring to past seasons, but to this season in general? If this is the case I would agree with you, he deserves a shot

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Ha Ha!!

How is Dvorak looking through training camp and preseason(so far)? Hoping the kid will get his chance to shine.

Does anybody have any thoughts on Welychka's future as a Knight? Keep hearing he's gone...but hoping he stays. Between he and Mermis, two very grounded players with leadership ability.(to help the youngsters along).

The question re goaltending was legit and not meant to be a joke. Not a fan of mediocre OA goalies being picked up. What I find interesting is why Latorella is not a Knight right now. The kid sounded like he wanted to play in London this year and certainly has the pedigree to play OHL games even at 16 years of age. I'd much rather do a platoon of 50/50 of Parsons and Latorella then picking up veteran scraps from across Canada. Then you don't have to worry about fatigue for your young goalies. If one falters then go find some veteran scraps.

Yes, lots of people are saying Welychka's being shopped. I don't know whether that's true or not but it's coming from more places than just 1. As much as I like Welychka, I would definitely move him if a team offered a couple high picks. Even a 2nd and a 5th would probably suffice. Then maybe London can go after Mete?

We know Giugovaz is below average. So if Darveau works out, your 3 OAs would be Darveau, Mermis, and Rupert.

Rupert Marner Yakimowicz
Dvorak McCarron MacDonald
Seguin Klima Klima
Elie Valentini Rymsha

London seems to be married to the idea that McCarron is a center. Marner is London's first line center - no arguments there. Problem with trading Welychka is you weaken your forward group but it doesn't matter this year if you get a good haul for him. Yakmiowicz and MacDonald playing on lines 1 and 2 is by default, not by merit.

Unless trades are brewing and Rymsha is sent to B (still think it will happen), I'm not sure where the Russian and the other Polish kid are going to fit in.

The question re goaltending was legit and not meant to be a joke. Not a fan of mediocre OA goalies being picked up. What I find interesting is why Latorella is not a Knight right now. The kid sounded like he wanted to play in London this year and certainly has the pedigree to play OHL games even at 16 years of age. I'd much rather do a platoon of 50/50 of Parsons and Latorella then picking up veteran scraps from across Canada. Then you don't have to worry about fatigue for your young goalies. If one falters then go find some veteran scraps.

Agree 100%. I'd rather Parsons/Latorella or Parsons/Vella over anything we have right now. After that Parsons/Wheaton would be better than the 2 older kids we have now.

Hope/Parsons is my dream;)

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Yes, lots of people are saying Welychka's being shopped. I don't know whether that's true or not but it's coming from more places than just 1. As much as I like Welychka, I would definitely move him if a team offered a couple high picks. Even a 2nd and a 5th would probably suffice. Then maybe London can go after Mete?

We know Giugovaz is below average. So if Darveau works out, your 3 OAs would be Darveau, Mermis, and Rupert.

Rupert Marner Yakimowicz
Dvorak McCarron MacDonald
Seguin Klima Klima
Elie Valentini Rymsha

London seems to be married to the idea that McCarron is a center. Marner is London's first line center - no arguments there. Problem with trading Welychka is you weaken your forward group but it doesn't matter this year if you get a good haul for him. Yakmiowicz and MacDonald playing on lines 1 and 2 is by default, not by merit.

Unless trades are brewing and Rymsha is sent to B (still think it will happen), I'm not sure where the Russian and the other Polish kid are going to fit in.

Good post. I'm wondering if the Knights are entertaining the thought of moving Parsons (as good as he is) knowing that Latorella will be joining the team NEXT season [speculation on my part]. I would think that Parsons would be a young goalie that some other teams would covet, and then perhaps we could acquire the picks necessary to go after Mete.
I really like Parsons and think that he's deserving of at least the backup role to start the season, but what happens to him if the Hunters start the season with the tandem of Darveau and Giugovaz? As an American, Parsons is not eligible to play Jr. B, so is he shipped back to the States while we endure a season of mediocre goaltending? If the Hunters are prepared to 'waste' an OA spot on an average netminder, then I think this is very telling as to their objective this season.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Good post. I'm wondering if the Knights are entertaining the thought of moving Parsons (as good as he is) knowing that Latorella will be joining the team NEXT season [speculation on my part]. I would think that Parsons would be a young goalie that some other teams would covet, and then perhaps we could acquire the picks necessary to go after Mete.
I really like Parsons and think that he's deserving of at least the backup role to start the season, but what happens to him if the Hunters start the season with the tandem of Darveau and Giugovaz? As an American, Parsons is not eligible to play Jr. B, so is he shipped back to the States while we endure a season of mediocre goaltending? If the Hunters are prepared to 'waste' an OA spot on an average netminder, then I think this is very telling as to their objective this season.

Mark is just exploring all options right now. I can't see him wasting an overage spot on a goaltender unless he "clearly" outperforms the other available options. Parsons will be in London this year. The only question is, who will be sharing the crease with him? Unless Latorella, or even Vella, wind up here, I think Wheaton would be a better option than the two we have here now.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London

If they waste to cards on Derveau and Giugovaz the Hunter needs to look for someone aside from themselves and Dark to run the goaltending. Kids don't develop as been shown by them when sitting around starring at the banners for 60 games a year. Parsons has to play in the OHL or this team doesn't move forward in net. Having young D and a young goalie grow together is important IMO. They may take there lumps but 2 years from now you'll have the best back end in the CHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad