Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Wow, kid can play. I'm super excited as well. Said it before and I'll say it again, the White, Brown, Tkachuk connection is going to be awesome. We could all end up watching all future team USA games ;)

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He really likes to wait an extra second or two before getting that shot off. Not sure if he's doing that on purpose to disrupt the timing for the goalies, or if he needs that second. Seems to be the same method on most of those goals.

It really seems like timing to me. Goalies have to respect his pass and his shot, and what an absolutely sneaky shot he has lol.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Has there been any comment on brown cracking the lineup next season? I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't given our center depth. This guy is our wild card next season.

I'd be very surprised if he made and stayed in the NHL next season.

He still has to get a lot stronger from what I understand. I expect him to play a full season in the AHL with call ups to Ottawa next year.

White is well ahead of him and I think he might be the break out player that makes our forward group a bit more respectable.

Reactions: bert

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Dear god no, don't mention ownership in here. He will here you and rush to derail this thread, the only thread left that's even on ice hockey related.

Hi guys, are talking ownership....great, glad to be here! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Excited about the fact someone like Stone, who has the hardworking I want to win mind set, will be mentoring Brown. Will definitely help him develop!!!

Reactions: bert

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
It really seems like timing to me. Goalies have to respect his pass and his shot, and what an absolutely sneaky shot he has lol.

His shot is lethal and accurate. One of my favourite qualities in him as a player. Can’t wait for him to get his 9 games so he can show us even more quality hockey

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
His shot is lethal and accurate. One of my favourite qualities in him as a player. Can’t wait for him to get his 9 games so he can show us even more quality hockey
Just fyi, the 9 games thing doesn't apply to Brown. He's 20 and now gonna be in the AHL. That only really matters for teens who's contracts can slide.

I just saw Stone's insta with Brown. It's awesome that he's rooming with Mark.

Reactions: InDucheWeTrust

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Just fyi, the 9 games thing doesn't apply to Brown. He's 20 and now gonna be in the AHL. That only really matters for teens who's contracts can slide.

Thanks for informing me! I think him going down to the A and playing with Tkachuk is the best for both of them. Going to be an awesome pair in the future!!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

One of the best guys he can room with.

Hoping Stones determination off and on the ice rubs off on Brown.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
One of the best guys he can room with.

Hoping Stone rubs off on Brown.

Only if he's into it.

I predict Brown will become the fans' scapegoat in about 2 seasons. He's got all the same weaknesses Spezza had, with less offensive ability. He'll be called slow, lazy and soft pretty quickly. Hopefully his production balances that out, but as we saw with Spezza, it wasn't enough.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Only if he's into it.

I predict Brown will become the fans' scapegoat in about 2 seasons. He's got all the same weaknesses Spezza had, with less offensive ability. He'll be called slow, lazy and soft pretty quickly. Hopefully his production balances that out, but as we saw with Spezza, it wasn't enough.
Those people are stupid. Don't hold stupid people's stupid opinions in high regard. Problem solved.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think those quality are contagious. I could imagine a young professional would be ecstatic to have a guy like Stone as a mentor

Yup. I feel like Browns skating is already pretty good. But I really think with some hard work it can become excellent.

A Logan Brown with above average to excellent NHL speed, with his reach, vision, agility, hands and shot would be disgusting.

Reactions: InDucheWeTrust

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Those people are stupid. Don't hold stupid people's stupid opinions in high regard. Problem solved.

Are they? I believe Spezza had to be moved. The team was trying to identify as a group that could play on both sides of the puck. When their best player and captain continued to play a one-dimensional game, they rightly realized he could not be the face of the franchise. Unfortunately they got murdered in the deal but that's another story.

My point is that Brown has the mould of the exact kind of player fans turn on: offensive, lacking intensity and a bit soft. He's done nothing in his junior career to dispel this notion. If he's given a leadership role, or is heavily relied upon as the go-to forward, he will eventually get chased out of town.

Brady Tkachuks are fan favourites. Logan Browns are not.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Time in the AHL please. No need to rush our guys we've seen what it's done to Cowen, Lazar, Rundblad , Ceci and Zibanejad and Lehner. Gosh this team likes to rush guys.

Put him in the AHL and keep him there for a full year

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Are they? I believe Spezza had to be moved. The team was trying to identify as a group that could play on both sides of the puck. When their best player and captain continued to play a one-dimensional game, they rightly realized he could not be the face of the franchise. Unfortunately they got murdered in the deal but that's another story.

My point is that Brown has the mould of the exact kind of player fans turn on: offensive, lacking intensity and a bit soft. He's done nothing in his junior career to dispel this notion. If he's given a leadership role, or is heavily relied upon as the go-to forward, he will eventually get chased out of town.

Brady Tkachuks are fan favourites. Logan Browns are not.

Ottawa wanted to keep Spezza.

Spezza gave them a heads up that he'd welcome a trade during his exit meeting as he wasn't planning on extending in Ottawa.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I would like Brown to flex some muscle a little more,not because I want him not to be a skilled player...But with that size you just know there will be some players looking to try and abuse him...He needs to have a bit of nasty to protect himself and make room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad