Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
It's not the salary, but the cap hit. A team taking him after July 1 is only paying $910K in cash, but they have to absorb $11M in cap space.
Yup, and there are a few teams who could or would need to do that, the problem will be if Marner would be willing to go there, as well as what the return would be. But I do not see us getting equal value back, except maybe for the cap space, which I've heard some/many insiders say is that cap space is the main priority now for most teams.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
twitter link

shanahan.mitch.marner.is.on.his.way.out.png

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Brad was impressive today not gonna lie, lets see how he does this summer!

f***ing work on a Friday too. Hopefully YouTube has full videos later. I am seeing posts that say mic was stupid so may be won't invest time today LOL

As long as Tre goes full 4 touchdowns (i.e. 4 series wins) in a single season whenever that is I am all for BundyGasms :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Cleetus

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
LMAO Shanahan is a JOKE. Do you still believe the things he vomits?

There were a LOT of people that called for the core to be broken up after the Mtl. loss and hindsight 20/20, it was (would have been) the correct call. Now it's taken 3 more years of futility for the call to finally get made, I don't understand how Shanny keeps his job.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If it hasn’t been answered I think he had a MCL sprain or something like that.
Yes I heard that.

I was more addressing some that believe this list not mentioning Marner and Tavares was some hidden message to them.
Just seems like a list of players who were out and their injuries not disclosed.

Reactions: tuckerintensity

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
There were a LOT of people that called for the core to be broken up after the Mtl. loss and hindsight 20/20, it was (would have been) the correct call. Now it's taken 3 more years of futility for the call to finally get made, I don't understand how Shanny keeps his job.

Shanny was literally asking Brad to field specific hockey answers.... like why are you here Shanny?

Reactions: BTO

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If people doubt my ability to interpret interviews ... ill remind you, Babcock gave a "denial" interview about his lack of interest in the Leaf's job.

I predicted on the spot he was lying and he was the next head coach of the Leafs. I think it was in March ?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I wonder if someone is going to directly ask him if he’s comfortable putting pressure on him or any player to wave their no movement clause

Just look at Boser, EP, Miller, etc... going into the dirty areas to create offense. Marner doesn't do that. He hasn't shown that shit even ONCE in 8 years.

But you seem pretty high on Marner, we will happily trade you and his 11 AAV to Nucks :laugh:; btw make sure to beat Oilers handily so McJesus can come home to Toronto ;)

Reactions: AvroArrow

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
"We aren't going to single out any one player (now)"

Translation:
They are going to single out Marner.
Book it.

exactly what I just said.
exactly.
I only watched near the end but all I took from that presser was #1. we liked how we played different and grittier this year and #2 that in a round about way marner is done here if the right deal comes up as he didn’t or couldn’t play that way

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Yes I heard that.

I was more addressing some that believe this list not mentioning Marner and Tavares was some hidden message to them.
Just seems like a list of players who were out and their injuries not disclosed.
Careful, it's possible to OD on copium.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
f***ing work on a Friday too. Hopefully YouTube has full videos later. I am seeing posts that say mic was stupid so may be won't invest time today LOL

As long as Tre goes full 4 touchdowns (i.e. 4 series wins) in a single season whenever that is I am all for BundyGasms :laugh:
The mic was just going up and down, soft then loud. Was a pita to watch at work cause you had to turn it up during the soft parts then all of a sudden Boom “we have a process”. Will be fine to watch at home later.

Reactions: PromisedLand

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018

I go back to the fact that Shanahan having a year left on his deal and Pelley is probably going to spend the next 10 months or so quietly looking for his replacement in the case this team falters next season as well.

In that case, the only chance Shanahan has of getting extended is if the Leafs have a strong showing in next year's playoffs/are clearly on a better course. If between now and then Shanahan is extended, then obviously my completely circumstantial-based assumptions were wrong.

Reactions: JKG33 and BTO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad