LIV Golf: the line that pro sports has crossed that will be its demise?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Literally nobody cares about LIV lol what a joke.

I'm a pretty big golf fan. You couldn't pay me to watch this shit....I'd rather watch leaves fall off the trees.

Forget it being a field of mostly washed up dudes and journeymen, that's one thing...Then the format on top of it. The corny ass team format with these cartoonish names and logos is another barrier to making it unwatchable for me. Plus the shotgun starts are wack, it's not real golf.

In a real golf tournament, oin Sat. and Sun. there is the pressure and anticipation of your name being called on that 1st tee box and having to deal with playing 1-18 with a lead and you know where veryone and everything stands. There's nothing about that with LIV.

In terms of LIV and the sports product on the field itself, it's one of the worst things I've ever seen. The only argument or value to it is what changes it might bring to professional golf as a whole/down the line.

As of now there's nothing redeemable about LIV itself

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I don't really care about LIV, I will occasionally watch a round or two from them if there's actual good golfing to be watched. This all came from the PGA being stale in their approach to the game, this is now obvious given how they have finally responded to changing things up. Competition is good, too bad it had to come from a competitor who wants to sportswash their sins away. But the PGA isn't innocent as well, both are greedy, clown organizations.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

LIV Golf President of Franchises Matt Goodman is no longer with the organization, and sources close to LIV pointed to Goodman as a “person who brought a sense of business professionalism and formidability to the operation,” according to Joel Beall of GOLF DIGEST. Goodman now becomes the “second high-profile departure in months” from the upstart circuit. LIV COO Atul Khosla left in December after being “seen as one of the voices of reason inside LIV.” With Goodman’s departure, LIV will now have to find someone else to run their franchise operation, which officials have touted as a "primary facilitator for future sponsorships and revenue."

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
everything about liv is artificial and a front

they tried to show Sergio signing an autograph for a 'fan'. it was the same child actor they had in their promo video.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I briefly checked my Tv guide to see if i could even watch it on tv in my area (tristate ny) and didn’t seem like you could.

Probably would’ve watched for a few minutes and changed the channel Anyway just to see what it was about

Despite a weak field, the final round coverage of the Honda was great and had me captivated down the stretch til the end of the playoff.

Winning on the PGA Tour even in a smaller event and when the big dogs aren’t playing still means something, and it creates the drama and excitement you’ll just never get with the clown show that is LIV.

Reactions: KapG

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Amazing experience at the LIV tournament in Adelaide this past weekend 🙌 👏 👌

Had so much fun. They put on such a great event, and the players were loving it here

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This is to say nothing about the CBS-owned CW stations who are dropping LIV altogether.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad