Line Combos: Lines you'd like to see tried out in pre season?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Generally, all the ones that most fans are appalled at the thought of.

Wilson on a scoring line.

TheNuge

Jan 3, 2013
Generally, all the ones that most fans are appalled at the thought of.

Wilson on a scoring line.

I believe Wilson would open up some ice for Ovechkin and Kuznetsov on the first unit if you used a line like

Ovechkin - Kuz - Wilson

Ovechkin and Wilson both hit hard and can play a solid power forward type of game, and maybe if Ovechkin is out there with Wilson, itll motivate Ovechkin as Wilson works hard thus creating space.

Just my .02

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Ovie-Backstrom-Wilson and Bura-Kuz-Brouwer, also the Brown-Latta-Fehr line I've been pushing.

Basically I just want to see a lot of the new guys.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
id love to see ward with OV and Backstrom. i believe he was our third best forward last year and chimera benifited greatly from it, i don't think breaking them up will hurt ward at all. not to mention his biggest stregths are OVs weaknesses, board play and defensive play.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Ward
Kuznetsov-Johansson-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Wilson
Fehr-Beagle-Latta

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Pre-season lines are loaded with prospects and AHL players until the last game or so. I wanna see more wonky ideas with guys like Walker, Stephenson, Burakovsky, Mitchell, Herbert, Kennedy, Byers, etc.

Maybe even Galiev. :naughty:

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Bura Backstrom Brouwer
Ovi Kuznetsov Wilson

am i crazy thinking this would look good a hell?

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Going to be a bit bold here..... Bura-Laich-Wilson

Laich is defensively solid, Wilson will make space and give the others time to make plays and the other two should let Burakovsky run riot offensively.

Also Wilson has a great work ethic, Laich has a lot to prove after the last couple of seasons and I think that would be a good line for Bura to play with for his development.

Assumptions: Laich is healthy and match fit
Completely ignoring: Wilson's injury (for pre season).

Alternative:

Laich-Kuzya-Wilson

Same basic premise, with the added chemistry between Wilson and Kuzya.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Question about Bura -- how much energy does he bring? I assume he has decent wheels, but can he buzz Purretu-style, or is he more of a glider? Thoughts?

I ask because I'm generally skeptical of lines that put together too many gliders (even if skilled). I think the Caps have really missed the kind of player that combines decent skill with high workrate -- not necessarily physical, but just moving fast and creating/closing down space quickly.

I think it's a big reason why our top 6 has looked anemic, and has been completely outplayed by Chimera-X-Ward at even strength.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Question about Bura -- how much energy does he bring? I assume he has decent wheels, but can he buzz Purretu-style, or is he more of a glider? Thoughts?

I ask because I'm generally skeptical of lines that put together too many gliders (even if skilled). I think the Caps have really missed the kind of player that combines decent skill with high workrate -- not necessarily physical, but just moving fast and creating/closing down space quickly.

I think it's a big reason why our top 6 has looked anemic, and has been completely outplayed by Chimera-X-Ward at even strength.

Him and Vrana were swarming players on the backcheck.

Which overall seemed like a system, which is encouraging that the whole forecheck hard, backcheck hard that Hunter and Oates both promised, but didn't deliver will be finally actually done by Trotz

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
I'd say Bura is more of a glider. I'll admit I haven't seen every single game but he's definitely not going to go crazy like Perreault would. He's a lot more relaxed and takes his time IMO

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Has it been confirmed that Vrana will be attending camp?

Vogs asked him in one of the dev camp videos and it really sounded like he was not considering his contract overseas and what not.

He's under contract with the Caps, so if they want him at camp he will be there. At the moment only two things are known however. a) He will continue to participate in Linköping's pre- season activities. b) He will play in Sweden if he doesn't make the Caps roster.

It all comes down to whether or not the Caps invite him to camp or decide to "cut" him right away. If they come to the conclusion that he's not good enough to make the team this year they are left with the choice whether to bring him over to camp anyway to give him a taste of it or let him stay in Sweden as to not disturb his season there (attending camp might mean he'll miss the start of the regular season) .

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I love how most people r not putting laich in their projected lineups. We all asume he'll be hurt of course.

Or that we already know what a healthy Laich looks like on most of these lines because he's been around the block before. But whatever fits your agenda.

I am curious about Laich on the powerplay. If they stick with the 1-3-1 with net presence variation, seeing him down low again would be interesting.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Hi Guys!!

Im preparing for next year fantasy pool and i was wondering what's your expectation point Wise for Kuznetsov and Burakovsky.

Thanks

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I'd think 50 points is reasonable for Kuznetsov if he earns second line and PP minutes. Burakovsky will probably spend the season in Hershey.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
thanks.. so if you have the choice between Johansson, Ward and Kuznetsov you would take Kuznetsov 1st??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad