Lines shifted again (12/30) Richards up, Stoll down

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
J Dub with Richards ? Yes please , he can break Richards out of his epic funk he had been in last two weeks.

Realease the J Dub slump buster magic.

KingKopitar11*

Man but our third line is atrocious. I'd give away my car for a left winger

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
DS: hey Tyler can you step into my office real quick

TTT: sure thing coach

DS: i wanted to chat real quick 1 on 1 before i announce the lines tonight. i like what i've seen recently. you've played strong on both ends. you've done a great job protecting the puck. you've done a very good job and continue to improve your defensive coverage. you've been active offensively and picking your spots.

TTT: thanks coach. that means a lot to me.

DS: i'm going to juggle personnel a little tonight

TTT: sure thing. i'm glad to go out and help where i can

DS: i'm going to have you skate with Stoll tonight and move Justin over with Mike.

TTT: ok

DS: i'm still looking to ignite some guys and get their games on track offensively. i'm going to have Lewey over on the LW with you and Stollsy tonight.

TTT: (blink) (blink) ok coach (blink) (blink)

DS: thanks Tyler

TTT: (walks back to his stall wondering what he did to deserve this kind of reward.) (he scans the room for hidden cameras. waiting for someone to jump out and announce he's been punk'd)

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Toffoli hasn't been taking advantage of his time on Richards' line the last few games. Some of this may be due to Richards, but Toffoli has no guaranteed spot as of yet.

Time to step up your game kid.

KingKopitar11*

Toffoli hasn't been taking advantage of his time on Richards' line the last few games. Some of this may be due to Richards, but Toffoli has no guaranteed spot as of yet.

Time to step up your game kid.

Richards hasn't been doing jack, a sniper is not a play maker.

Put stoll and Carter together and Carter wouldn't do hot either.

I know you guys are being rough on TT but Richards is more to blame.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I wonder how far away we are from

Brown/Kopitar/Williams

King/Richie/Carter

again. I mean at least we are seeing our true top 6 (for this season) somewhat back together. Now all we need is for Lewis to go back to the 4rth line and we are set.

By the end of the season we will need to address one way or the other our legit need for a truly capable LW. Clifford or Lewis or whoever either has to be given the time to lock the spot down or we need to get (or call up) someone who can and give them the time to do so.

Well, you gotta admit that Sutter has made something out of King on the LW. If Brown was having a season with normal production the left side would be looking not so bad right now.

Every team has a hole here or there. If LW is the Kings' "hole", that's better than it being at center, defense, or goaltending.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Well, you gotta admit that Sutter has made something out of King on the LW. If Brown was having a season with normal production the left side would be looking not so bad right now.

Every team has a hole here or there. If LW is the Kings' "hole", that's better than it being at center, defense, or goaltending.

All true.

Though we are a team that is fine tuning in order to win a cup so even our small needs become much bigger as a result of our actual potential.

Player Lewis on our 3rd line changes the entire dynamic of what is should be capable of doing. We need to find a LW either from within or possibly elsewhere if we expect to be able to roll 4 lines that can be dominant and get us another cup imo. Lewis on the 4rth is fine but with the way our 3rd line is set up we have to be able to have them be a threat.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I like the top two lines but would rather see Carter back on Richie's RW, and I'd like King on LW. Reunite the top line and see if that rejuvenates Brown.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I like the top two lines but would rather see Carter back on Richie's RW, and I'd like King on LW. Reunite the top line and see if that rejuvenates Brown.

The only thing that will rejuvenate Brown is if Lombardi put his name back in the trade rumor mill.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
All true.

Though we are a team that is fine tuning in order to win a cup so even our small needs become much bigger as a result of our actual potential.

Player Lewis on our 3rd line changes the entire dynamic of what is should be capable of doing. We need to find a LW either from within or possibly elsewhere if we expect to be able to roll 4 lines that can be dominant and get us another cup imo. Lewis on the 4rth is fine but with the way our 3rd line is set up we have to be able to have them be a threat.

So true.

We can't be just content on making the playoffs anymore. We need to plug any little hole, if it means it takes us that much closer to winning the cup.

This window isn't going to last forever. We need to go all in, if we're serious about being the champs again.

Thankfully, we have Lombardi in charge, and I have no doubt he'll do his very best to make us a winner again.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
All true.

I agree TG, and I fully expect Dean to be looking at every conceivable deal to get the Kings some help on the left side. I'm not expecting a block buster though, and I certainly don't want to see either one of Toffoli or Vey going the other way.

If Dean could pick up a veteran two-way LW with a little scoring touch for the 3rd line, I would be satisfied. Lewis is still a very good 4th liner IMO that seems to come up big when the games matter the most.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I agree TG, and I fully expect Dean to be looking at every conceivable deal to get the Kings some help on the left side. I'm not expecting a block buster though, and I certainly don't want to see either one of Toffoli or Vey going the other way.

If Dean could pick up a veteran two-way LW with a little scoring touch for the 3rd line, I would be satisfied. Lewis is still a very good 4th liner IMO that seems to come up big when the games matter the most.

That is what I would expect also and I agree about Lewis too.

I am not saying we have been looking at anyone in particular to the best of my knowledge but I sure did like the idea of Ott taking our 3rd line LW position. That would change things up a bunch but I doubt we would ever pay what it would cost to get him. I also don't want to see us move any of our talented kids to pick up a 3rd liner unless they are much much more than that.

I have heard we are looking at a couple of different D options but I have been hearing that for a little while now so I don't know if there is any actual movement behind it.

I could see a few vets that should be available who would give us a nice punch to our 3rd line.

Another Carter Snipe

Terminated User
Oct 20, 2011
San Diego, CA
Love the shuffle. First line has been excellent, and now Richards is back where he belongs on the second line. This may be a jolt needed for Brown also.

Third line? Well...There had to be some type of tradeoff. But Dean is really going to need to acquire another LW at the deadline. Lewis is great on the 4th line in his defensive role, but any line above that is completely out of his element.

KingKopitar11*

You're starting to sound like some Philadelphia fans about 6 months before Richards was traded.

What? I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm saying he hasn't been playing well which explains Toffoli.
He just needs to play better and the whole line will be better. It's simple. He's a really smart player, just gotta get his legs going.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Happy Monday to you too, Rec ;)

I'm not expecting much out of it but it's a problem I alluded to in the other thread--almost any configuration of those 7 players is fantastic (Kopi, Carter, Williams, Brown, Richards, Toffoli, and this year King), but whoever gets the "other" players on the third line it usually makes that line ineffective. We have 2.5 solid lines. If we can ever solve that, either via LW/other trade/callup, I think we're sitting pretty.

In the meantime, whoever those "other" 3rd liners are are going to get trashed a la Derek Armstrong playing on the 2nd line.

I actually had a pretty good day :laugh:

Man but our third line is atrocious. I'd give away my car for a left winger

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad