Line Combos: line up when everyone is available?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yup Timo Pielmier - I had high hopes for that kid, man was I wrong.
He was always the spare change of that deal. I don't remember there being any speculation that he was supposed to help Anaheim sometime soon. Was that what was being speculated on these boards back then? Bones was the guy that anchored that trade.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Yup Timo Pielmier - I had high hopes for that kid, man was I wrong.

He made the move back over the pond last year, and started of as a starter in the German 2nd league. He earned rookie of the year there and got himself a contract with a good elite league team and pretty much as their starter. He has been doing okay in that, I think. But yeah, I don't think he'll ever get to get his NHL savepercentage back over the .600 barrier... :cry:

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Is it just me, or is it hard to find any obvious defensive mistakes by Lovejoy? I mean, he doesn't possess the greatest hands and has the occasional unnecessary icing, but given the matchups he is getting in the defensive zone he just seems rock solid.

Pen fan here:

I was just posting on the Pen's board of how much of a song we let him go for. I am glad he has been working out for you guys and seemed to claw his way into your top 4?

Lovejoy is #1 on the Ducks in Goals Against / 20min ice time over the last 2 years.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...20&sortdir=ASC

And #2 in Goals for % (basically a +- indicator) at 55.6% of the goals scored are for the Ducks when he's on the ice.

He is also #1 in shots/for/against
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...T&sortdir=DESC

Not bad results from a 5th round pick?

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Lovejoy seems to do what is asked of him.. and he is fairly proficient at it. His mobility helps.

Id trade a little of his mobility for more physicality at this point.

I think if Lovejoy was put on a scrub team, desperate for a mobile defenseman, he could put up some descent offensive numbers.

Oh. And reverend seems to be able to play well with anyone they throw him with.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Pen fan here:

I was just posting on the Pen's board of how much of a song we let him go for. I am glad he has been working out for you guys and seemed to claw his way into your top 4?

Lovejoy is #1 on the Ducks in Goals Against / 20min ice time over the last 2 years.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...20&sortdir=ASC

And #2 in Goals for % (basically a +- indicator) at 55.6% of the goals scored are for the Ducks when he's on the ice.

He is also #1 in shots/for/against
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...T&sortdir=DESC

Not bad results from a 5th round pick?

He has been playing with Fowler since he got here. Away from Fowler and he has looked bad.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
We absolutely don't have a problem, we have a luxury. The Ducks don't need to trade anyone, but they could depending on the offer.

I think Murray will look to acquire a top pairing defenseman if the price is right, otherwise he'll stand pat.

We do have a problem. We have too many forwards that cannot be sent down. Etem and DSP are our only two forwards that can go down without being placed on waivers. We'll also have too many dmen when Souray is back. I cannot see us shipping Hampus back down. I'd suspect we would try and trade multiple players for just one NHLer back, but I also believe we could see Maroon sent down (if he clears waivers, which he should if it were to happen) for a short time to stay fresh.

I'm not sure about Beleskey. He has been a guy who has always been handed a spot or role on the team. He might not deserve it, but he is one of the best (if not our best) hard nose players we have. Sure, he sucks at times, but he is always physical and can throw down. I would love it if we could carve out a spot for him on the 4th line, but I hate seeing Etem on the 4th with Palmieri. They have been put together multiple times and the have failed to create any chemistry.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Beleskey was great last season and is certainly an upgrade over Palmieri at this point, given how underwhelming Palms has been so far.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Does anyone else not see a place for Beleskey to fit when everyone is back or is it just me?

I just said it above, but I think Beleskey can shove Maroon out of the lineup and back to Norfolk, if he can clear waivers. It's not optimal, as Maroon is on a one way contract, but he hasn't been playing with Penner's emergence and we could use the roster spot. If it were between Maroon and Etem, I wouldn't know who to send down. Both have been invisible lately. Sending Etem down would make sense financially though, at least in the short run.

Norfolk has had trouble scoring goals all season, so I honestly could see Etem or Maroon going back down at some point, even if it's short term. Etem wouldn't have to clear and could get more quality minutes. Same goes for Maroon, except with waivers. BB has some dilemmas to go over.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Is it just me, or is it hard to find any obvious defensive mistakes by Lovejoy? I mean, he doesn't possess the greatest hands and has the occasional unnecessary icing, but given the matchups he is getting in the defensive zone he just seems rock solid.

I would disagree with that. Given, some nights he looks good. Other nights, he looks totally out of place. Out of position, bad pinches, bad shot selection that forces Cam to rush back on an odd man rush. Not very consistent lately, IMO.

Just after posting this I thought about Sbisa and how bad he's been and it actually made me like Lovejoy that much more...

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
We do have a problem. We have too many forwards that cannot be sent down. Etem and DSP are our only two forwards that can go down without being placed on waivers. We'll also have too many dmen when Souray is back. I cannot see us shipping Hampus back down. I'd suspect we would try and trade multiple players for just one NHLer back, but I also believe we could see Maroon sent down (if he clears waivers, which he should if it were to happen) for a short time to stay fresh.

I'm not sure about Beleskey. He has been a guy who has always been handed a spot or role on the team. He might not deserve it, but he is one of the best (if not our best) hard nose players we have. Sure, he sucks at times, but he is always physical and can throw down. I would love it if we could carve out a spot for him on the 4th line, but I hate seeing Etem on the 4th with Palmieri. They have been put together multiple times and the have failed to create any chemistry.

That isn't a problem. Like Eric said it's a luxury. Having too many forwards that deserve to be in the lineup every night is why we're on top of the league (albeit cosmetically at the moment but still). Same thing with the D-men.

If the worst thing Murray has to deal with is making his roster full of legit NHL players smaller than he's the envy of the league. What matters is icing the best team possible every night. If Murph has to make tough decisions once everyone is healthy that sucks for those players on the fringe, not for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad