Line Combos: line up when everyone is available?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Yeah Winnik sucks, I don't know why he's not a healthy scratch every night.

Agreed. That guy is the worst winger I've ever seen in Anaheim. Honestly, I think all the posters on HFBoards are better players then that bum.

Oct 18, 2011
I don't think you have to make a trade. Considering that Selanne, Koivu, Winnik, and maybe Penner are gone at the end of the season, Anaheim is going to have holes to fill and they have plenty of in-house solutions.

If Anaheim is going to trade someone, trade Winnik.

:shakehead:help:
No god no

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Penner - Getzlaf - Perry
Silferberg - Perrault - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
Beleskey - Bonino - Palmieri
Maroon

When Selanne is resting, Palmieri jumps to second line and Maroon moves to 4th. Beleskey and Maroon can also switch, but against some of the more physical teams I'd like to roll a bit more physical 4th line.

Beauchemin - Sourey
Fowler - Lovejoy
Allen - Vatanen

Three solid pairings with proven chemistry, which I think is important. If all three can play at the levels we've seen them play, we'd have a hell of a good d-core. Lindholm is the odd man out, but it won't hurt him to develop in the AHL. Just tell him that if he keeps up his level of play there, he'll probably have a guaranteed spot on the team next year. We also need to see more of Vatanen to evaluate his potential for the next contract. Etem also needs to go to the AHL, we don't want him to become a 3rd line grinder with some offensive upside, we want him to become a top-6 forward. Needs to hone his offensive game.

Fistric gets waived, hope someone picks him up. He's an ok player, but there just isn't room on this team right now for him.

getzforfighting*

Travis Moen was traded by Murray in a similar situation as Winnik

Hard to compare those situations considering the moen-pahlsson-nieds line lost its capabilities and we have yet to see this from the winnik-koivu-cogs line. The team was also fighting for a playoff spot and not one of the leading teams in the nhl.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Hard to compare those situations considering the moen-pahlsson-nieds line lost its capabilities and we have yet to see this from the winnik-koivu-cogs line. The team was also fighting for a playoff spot and not one of the leading teams in the nhl.

In addition the prospect cupboard was essentially empty at that time and it was an opportunity to trade a declining asset who had served notice he would want more money than the Ducks could afford for some direly needed futures. There's no pressing need to accumulate futures right now.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Agreed. That guy is the worst winger I've ever seen in Anaheim. Honestly, I think all the posters on HFBoards are better players then that bum.
Winnik had 24 shifts against Canucks, 16 of those he was on ice against H.Sedin (who was 0-0, and 1 SOG).

What a worthless bum that guy Winnik is.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Both were pending UFA's, but other than that I don't think the situation was the same at all. Murray had recently taken over the team that was going downhill, not upwards like our current team is. He was creating his own team. But the main differance was Moen (and Pahlsson) told Murray they were going to test the market.

He also got roster players back in return for Pahlsson (Wisniewski) and Kunitz/Tangradi (Whitney). He got a couple of prospects for Moen/Huskins, but had acquired Christensen (for O'Dell) and Nokelainen (for Montador). If the Ducks are still a top team come trade deadline, Murray should only consider trading Winnik for a player than can help the team now.

Btw, that trade deadline was an exciting one. It was tough seeing Kunitz, Pahlsson and Moen go, and none of the players coming back worked in the long run, but it was the start of a new era.

Last edited:

1manband

Mar 28, 2008
England
Winnik had 24 shifts against Canucks, 16 of those he was on ice against H.Sedin (who was 0-0, and 1 SOG).

I agree, I really think he was noticeable in that game, more so than any other this season, he was good defensively, even had a few hits! The biggest thing I noticed was he was a beast on the boards, in both zones!

Im on the fence about trading him, I think hes a better player than his recent play suggests, he just seems to be inconsistent. As people have mentioned with the Moen trade, we got assets back, we dont need them now! I can see him being packaged with a other players to land us something bigger! Package him, Sbisa and Fistric maybe to somewhere like Florida, I guess we would want an NHL player in return as our prospect pool is stacked!

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

Agreed really shows how worthless he is. Only 16 our of 24 shifts? That's only 66%! He should be playing at least 117% of his shifts against them.

Chelle

YNWA
Feb 27, 2009
Sweden
Both were pending UFA's, but other than that I don't think the situation was the same at all. Murray had recently taken over the team that was going downhill, not upwards like our current team is. He was creating his own team. But the main differance was Moen (and Pahlsson) told Murray they were going to test the market.

He also got roster players back in return for Pahlsson (Wisniewski) and Kunitz/Tangradi (Whitney). He got a couple of prospects for Moen/Huskins, but had acquired Christensen (for O'Dell) and Nokelainen (for Montador). If the Ducks are still a top team come trade deadline, Murray should only consider trading Winnik for a player than can help the team now.

Btw, that trade deadline was an exciting one. It was tough seeing Kunitz, Pahlsson and Moen go, and none of the players coming back worked in the long run, but it was the start of a new era.

We got Bonino in the Moen deal so that worked out well.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
I dont understand the winnik hate. I am afraid it stems from his lack of goals and has nothing to do with his play.

When the ducks jump out to leads or its a close game, Winnik is not going to go all out offense to score goals for everyone... thatd be irresponsible.

I still think players like Palms and Winnik get unfairly pooped on because they havent scored for the fans enough. people dont care that when your team is scoring all over the lineup, some players will have their production drop overall.

More importantly, who do you want out their in defensive situations, if its not Winnik? Etem? Belesky? Maroon?

If you just want to upgrade winnik with a trade, thats cool. But id rather see our d upgraded first. If we are going to combo holland and winnik for a better defensive forward, i think we get more defensive bang getting a physical stay at homer on the blue line (which might be sourray)

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Trade Hiller for solid D

Rather unlikely that in trading Hiller we'll be able to find a fit to get a solid D. That would more likely be seperate deals. There's not that many teams looking for goalies, and there's not that many teams willing to trade solid defensemen. Even if those things are overlapping with some team(s), that wouldn't be a great situation in terms of leverage. It's more likely to happen with the usual currency of picks and prospects in seperate acts. Not impossible, but less likely, IMO.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
We got Bonino in the Moen deal so that worked out well.

Yeah, but it took a while before that one payed of. The other guys (except Pielmeier) were supposed to help the team immediately, but none of them worked out.

I dont understand the winnik hate. I am afraid it stems from his lack of goals and has nothing to do with his play.

Some people always needs a scapegoat. If Winnik and Lovejoy are our biggest scapegoats this year, then I like our chances.

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Is it just me, or is it hard to find any obvious defensive mistakes by Lovejoy? I mean, he doesn't possess the greatest hands and has the occasional unnecessary icing, but given the matchups he is getting in the defensive zone he just seems rock solid.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Same reason why people wanted to ditch Pahlsson in 2005-2006. Some people don't appreciate defensive play.

There actually isn't much widespread hate. A few posters. This gets back to my saying that some issues are overblown because some people with agendas will bring it up over and over. We get the topic repeatedly, but it's more the same few people bringing the topic back up rather than multiple people bringing the topic up independently.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Did we really need a new thread? Can't we merged this with the other Lineup discussion?

I don't know. We could, but since we're so far away from everyone beind healthy, it might help to not have people get confused about the premise of whether we're talking now or when everyone's back to healthy (if there is such a time), even if there are topics overlapping....

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think some of the Winnik hate stems from what seems like quite a few golden scoring chances that he has flubbed badly this year. Those are more noticeable than keeping the Sedins quiet.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011

One was named Bonino - I believe it was him and a goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad