Line juggling continues, so does Habs losing trend. 2-1 CHI

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Andrighetto and Carr apparently sent down.

Not sure why, maybe Andrighetto could go down for more ice time maybe. He has been moving just not getting many chances.

Carr on the other hand has been crashing the net, fighting down low along the boards and has scoring chances each night so far. Like a lot are saying a Gallagher lite 2.0.

Like above Gilbert and Weise are probably back with the club.

But what doesn't make sense with this is the club will have:

Subban
Markov
Petry
Beaulieu
Emelin
Pateryn
Barberio
Tinordi
Gilbert

All up with the big club? I don't think so.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Unless there is a trade, I really don't get sending down Carr. Even if Weise is ready. Send down Andrighetto. Don't cal up someone else

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Didn't even bother to watch the game. First time in years that I purposefully did not watch one. I knew it was an automatic loss so why bother? I already watched the last 18 or so losses.

I've defended MT for a long time but even I am now fed up with how he's managing the team. My problem, however, is deciding who should become the new coach. Nobody, and I mean *nobody* seems the least bit interesting or competent out there.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
De La Rose has been called back
Is that a joke r what?

Well if MB and MT think the Habs may very well lose those games vs top contenders, they probably want to check how the young guys are going to play in this situation and evaluate them.

Let's be honest, the vets are the solution to the slump not the young guys. So really, it doesn't matter!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Unless there is a trade, I really don't get sending down Carr. Even if Weise is ready. Send down Andrighetto. Don't cal up someone else

Byron and Flynn need to play. That's why Carr is sent down. Not saying this is what i would do but MT loves Flynn and Byron and they wont be out of the lineup anytime soon. Playing Carr instead of DSP would not make much of a difference.

if Carr would be 2 or 3 inch smaller maybe he would be able to play but he is too big for this lineup.

Patch-Plek-Gally
DD-Galchenyuk-Byron
Margarine-Eller-Weise
Flynn-Mitchell-DSP

There's no place for Carr.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
The only positive I can take from last night's game is that Galchenyuk was promoted to the 1st line for the 3rd period.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well if MB and MT think the Habs may very well lose those games vs top contenders, they probably want to check how the young guys are going to play in this situation and evaluate them.

Let's be honest, the vets are the solution to the slump not the young guys. So really, it doesn't matter!

I totally disagree with you here. The kids must be the solution.

There's absolutely no reality where you can win with a second line made of Galchenyuk and 2 third line players.

It's not happening. We need 2 top six players and unless some kids step up the only solution is a trade (which will involve kids anyway so kids are still the solution there).

You can carry a 3rd line player on your 2nd line specially if the player is physical but carrying 2 is stretching it a lot.

This team needs help. The current lineup is not a playoffs worthy lineup. The team played a great game yesterday. Can't ask more from the players. Skills can't be bought.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
The only positive I can take from last night's game is that Galchenyuk was promoted to the 1st line for the 3rd period.

You mean promoted to DD's line. He was our most dangerous forward once again... Not sure what it'll take to get him to play with Gallagher

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
You mean promoted to DD's line. He was our most dangerous forward once again... Not sure what it'll take to get him to play with Gallagher

Yes. DD=1st line, at least from what I have seen the last couple of games.

It's time that Therrien tries once again Galchenyuk, Patches and Gallagher. I mean, really, what has he to lose?

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

Even optimists like Basu are starting to call into question this coach.

Engels and Wilde too..

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Honestly...

Might not be a bad thing. Not that he can't handle it... But we cant score. Let him run the offense and not worry about defense as much.

The facepalm isn't about removing defensive responsibility to Galchenyuk, it's the fact that MT keeps referencing to DD as a great two-way, skilled defensively centre when that is not at all the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad