Sportsnet: Lindholm wants to stay in Calgary. Backlund and Hanifin will decide based on team success this year

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Exactly. And like I said before, if they move many of the vets that are expected to move, they look even younger and slide into the top 10 youngest. Backlund is the oldest player at 34. Next is Michael Stone, at 33, who doesn't have a full time roster sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: blankall

Ledge And Dairy

Exactly. And like I said before, if they move many of the vets that are expected to move, they look even younger and slide into the top 10 youngest. Backlund is the oldest player at 34. Next is Michael Stone, at 33, who doesn't have a full time roster sport.
Michael Stone announce his retirement.

As for Backlund and some of the other vets I wouldn't say any of them are "expected to be moved" at this point in time.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Michael Stone announce his retirement.

As for Backlund and some of the other vets I wouldn't say any of them are "expected to be moved" at this point in time.

I'd say Backlund was expected to be moved. Unless he takes a sweat heart contract and they make him captain anyway. I'd say that was unlikely though.

We're getting a lot longer this year.

Ledge And Dairy

I'd say Backlund was expected to be moved. Unless he takes a sweat heart contract and they make him captain anyway. I'd say that was unlikely though.

We're getting a lot longer this year.
They are in no rush to extend him, just like Carolina with Staal they have the luxury of seeing how the year plays out first. If they are on the outside looking in at the deadline plenty of teams will have interest. If they are in the hunt he is much more likely to stay

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
NO WAY Lindholm re-signs with the Flames! The Oil are going to beat the Flames so bad this year, even the stick boy is gonna leave the team!

(I'm sorry Flames fans.. All in good fun.)

Reactions: deleted user

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Already said last year that Calgary has a few year window and the 1st one is gone already.

They are in a terrible spot and signing Lindholm to that contract will mean some dark years in 2-3 years time.

They won’t do it but they should just commit to retool and instead of darkness give some light for the future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad