Recalled/Assigned: Liljegren & Brooks loaned to the Marlies

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
So you would move a) move Dermott or Sandin, two guys with virtually no time on the right or b) Marincin, who is barely a 7th D, left or right, to their wrong side, rather than putting a young, stud RD on the third pair, where he can he can be sheltered until he's ready to play more tough minutes? This fanbase...:help:

Yes, I would, and so will the Leafs.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
So you would move a) move Dermott or Sandin, two guys with virtually no time on the right or b) Marincin, who is barely a 7th D, left or right, to their wrong side, rather than putting a young, stud RD on the third pair, where he can he can be sheltered until he's ready to play more tough minutes? This fanbase...:help:

It's not about what we would do. It's about what the Leafs are going to do and they've made it clear they don't think Lil is ready and most of us agree. You can get upset all you want and sarcastic but it seems like we're the ones on the right side.

Lil is not NHL ready, that's very clear. Whether Marincin is a good NHL dman is a whole other story.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
It's not about what we would do. It's about what the Leafs are going to do and they've made it clear they don't think Lil is ready and most of us agree. You can get upset all you want and sarcastic but it seems like we're the ones on the right side.

Lil is not NHL ready, that's very clear. Whether Marincin is a good NHL dman is a whole other story.

That's one way of looking at the situation, the other is, is Marincin, Ceci , Dermot and perhaps others of TO's d NHL ready? Considering the ages of some of these d-men what is their upside, will they ever be NHL ready. Should TO let another not NHL ready d-man perhaps play and learn in the NHL and could the lessons learned by Liljegrin not be a far more worthwhile investment than doing the same old same old. Babs always said that if 2 players are basically even talent wise then he would always turn to experience, I think that's the perfect platform towards stagnation and ultimately regression.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Good, and keep them there! Brooks is just not a n NHL player. I am not sure Lily ever will be either.
Look everyone, it’s TWS's burner account.

Lilly is a top pairing AHLer at 20 yrs old and projects as a future top 4 in the NHL. With the Leafs on their hiatus I encourage you to watch a Marlie game for the first time probably ever

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My view on Liljegren. is he should model his game right now after Ron Hainsey. Gap control, positioning and don't do a lot of puck carrying, engage and win battles along the wall, move pucks fast.

A Ron Hainsey playing style is forged out of 2 decades playing the pro game, you don't just show up playing like a wiley veteran.

Feels like they're trying to mold Martin Marincin into a Ron Hainsey though.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
A Ron Hainsey playing style is forged out of 2 decades playing the pro game, you don't just show up playing like a wiley veteran.

Feels like they're trying to mold Martin Marincin into a Ron Hainsey though.
Actually all those things he mentioned about Hainsey, Liljegren already does pretty well.

Although I absolutely want him to do a lot of puck carrying. His ability to take it straight from his own end into the other teams zone with possession is one of his biggest strengths and will help out our forwards tremendously.

Reactions: stickty111

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Good, and keep them there! Brooks is just not a n NHL player. I am not sure Lily ever will be either.
rebelwithoutclue.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad