Liiga 2022-2023

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Sport's 7 leading scores. Swedes carrying Sport's offense.

sport.PNG

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Montreal Canadians no longer hold his rights but is there anything in his game that suggests Ikonen can play in the NHL one day?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Was just looking at the TPS results to see what kind of season former U of Denver defenseman (and Detroit draft pick) Antti Tuomisto was having.

It seems another 21-year-old, Valtteri Pulli, is the top scorer among the defensemen.

Any impressions of these two? It appears the team doesn't score a lot of goals.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Montreal Canadians no longer hold his rights but is there anything in his game that suggests Ikonen can play in the NHL one day?
I think one day Joni Ikonen might be a better Liiga player. I don't think he has a much higher ceiling than what he has reached this far.

A new challenge abroad could change things, but the NHL? I don't think so at all.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hjalmarsson - Holmström - Lööke line seems to be doing great. Would love to see that line been tried in the upcoming EHT tournament for Sweden. But its not gonna happen.

Apparently some former NHLers said the traning in Liiga is really hard, even harder than in NHL. Any truth to that?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Hjalmarsson - Holmström - Lööke line seems to be doing great. Would love to see that line been tried in the upcoming EHT tournament for Sweden. But its not gonna happen.

Apparently some former NHLers said the traning in Liiga is really hard, even harder than in NHL. Any truth to that?

Craig Rivet has talked about that on his radio show - but he was in Finland 20 years ago. Not sure whether that has changed; I suspect it hasn't.

One funny thing he mentioned was that there were times the coach would tell him not to even try some of the exercises the younger Finnish players were doing.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Was looking at younger Finnish-born goalies who might be NHL caliber one day.

To this point it seems the two Karpat goalies are the only goalies under 25 who have seen significant action and are drafted by NHL teams.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
SaiPa, last team in Liiga losing 1-8 to HPK, second last team in Liiga. At home.
That's just sad.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
According to eliteprospects, Nikita Krivokrasov, son of former NHLer Sergei Krivokrasov, is playing for Jukurit.

On hockeydb.com, it looks like he only played one game. Did he just join the team, is he injured or is he no longer with the club?

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Great paikallispeli, rare occasion on the last couple of years that i dont have to go to work monday with red cheeks and try to explain how "regular season doesn't matter". Instead im going with "rintarottingilla" and asking if it was the referees or what that caused hervanta to lose.

TheFinnishScout

Oct 30, 2022
Finland
Asked about Jatkola but didn't get much feedback.

Remember seeing Lebedeff during his college days at Wisconsin.
Lebedeff has developed much further since those times. This season started well, but now has been injured. HPK is not the easiest team for goalie.

Jatkola has perhaps unexpectedly become KalPa's #1. This is just the first season in Liiga with a big responsibility so the next season will tell more about the his future. In my opinion, Jatkola has been one of the best goalies in Liiga this season.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
According to eliteprospects, Nikita Krivokrasov, son of former NHLer Sergei Krivokrasov, is playing for Jukurit.

On hockeydb.com, it looks like he only played one game. Did he just join the team, is he injured or is he no longer with the club?

Relatively minor role, then got to play in CHL game in Prague and was badly concussed. The arena there didn't apparently have flexible rink (or how to say that), which have been mandated on several leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad