Liiga 2013/2014 General Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emppu

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jokerit! Champions of Helsinki/Stadi, now and forever(?).
They can at least hold the "Championship belt" but all time they are now even 96-96 or 105-105 depending on what you count in so the last game between these teams, Winter Classic, will now be even more important. At least for us fans :D

Edit. ^^ those are regular season numbers but if you add playoffs games. Jokerit has more wins.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't understand why anyone outside Finland can't watch any videos from ruutu.fi. Outstanding marketing strategy
You can't even watch videos on ruutu.fi anymore if you're using ABP or similar ad-blocking program.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Two days, two games, two wins and six points for Ässät

What a start for the year. The six goals today was the first time the team did that in almost a year.

Hopefully they would get some momentum going and manage to get into the top-10. Will be a hard task, but now there's a lot more hope all of a sudden.

montymcfc

Jan 10, 2014
Sheffield
Hello! New to the forums, so thought I would introduce myself a bit! I am from Sheffield, England, and 4 years ago I met my girlfriend from Espoo, who has made me into a Blues fan! I have probably been to around 10-12 games, but now with her moving over here, we don't get to go as often.

I went last weekend when Blues played HIFK (3-2 Blues :) ) but that was the first time for a while. Anyway, it has got me wanting to watch every game again. Does anyone else use the Ruutu+ online service, and can it be used abroad? Is it worth the money? Can games be watched on-demand? Thanks for any help!

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Does anyone else use the Ruutu+ online service, and can it be used abroad? Is it worth the money? Can games be watched on-demand? Thanks for any help!
SM-liiga is available abroad. Other programs are not. There is also on-demand service but I don't know much about it. Ruutu+ Pro costs 29,90eur/month and if you don't like the service, you can cancel it. 19,90eur/month deal means that you are stuck with the service for 12 months.

And welcome to HFBoards!

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Teuvo Teräväinen! Good comeback to Liiga.

For subscribing ruutu, I recommend to first take that 30€ / month service to test it. Actually I recommend it at this point of season, because the season is so far already. Cancel it after the Kanada Malja has been won by some team.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
What happened to Jokerit fans? Yesterday at Jokerit-Blues game (first game there this season) it seemed that of the number of fans jumping up and down in eteläpääty has really diminished since last year. It seemed pretty huge last year and now it looked like a bunch of maybe 20 people. And they were very quiet. Still mad about the KHL / Karalahti thing?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What happened to Jokerit fans? Yesterday at Jokerit-Blues game (first game there this season) it seemed that of the number of fans jumping up and down in eteläpääty has really diminished since last year. It seemed pretty huge last year and now it looked like a bunch of maybe 20 people. And they were very quiet. Still mad about the KHL / Karalahti thing?

Pissed off about the team's performances as well.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
A shame that three points were only six seconds away, but at least the point-streak continues. Many more positive things in the team's game compared to the one in the first half. Luckily Hagman-Umicevic is also clicking again.

In other positive news after 20 goals in his first 51 games in Ässät and then going +30 games without scoring a single one Eero Elo finally scored a goal in today's game. Has been playing well for a while now and hopefully this will open up the ketchup bottle.

montymcfc

Jan 10, 2014
Sheffield
Thanks for the help guys, I subscribed to the 29,95euro one.

Watched the Blues-Jokerit and the Blues-JYP game. Felt Blues played well in both, and were very unlucky to not have taken the game against Jokerit to overtime. 2 of Jokerit's goals were very preventable, one a silly turnover, and one Nieminen would have wanted back.

The game against JYP, the Blues seemed to have a lot of the puck, but didn't really do much with it.

Need to bounce back tomorrow against Tappara.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
And with that 2-1-loss against TPS, the season of Ässät is pretty much done since I just can't see the defence magically getting to even a decent level to the last 19 games of the reg. season.

Constantly mixing up the line-up and deciding which players to dress to each game is one thing that has confused me the most during this season.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
About 1200-1500 Jokerit fans in away game in Turku :handclap:

IMG_5816.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_6194.JPG

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
And with that 3-1-loss to HPK, Ässät's chances for playoffs are pretty much non-excistent atm.

Will be interesting to see how many players the team is able to sell.

Stoat

Jan 5, 2014
Oulu
And with that 3-1-loss to HPK, Ässät's chances for playoffs are pretty much non-excistent atm.

Will be interesting to see how many players the team is able to sell.

Heard a rumour that Hagman would be heading to Helsinki or Oulu.

We really don't need him here in Oulu, but I really don't wan't to see him in Helsinki either. ;)

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Was really surpsised by Matias Pulli from TPS, amazing calmess in his offensive game for a 18 year old kid playing his first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad