GWT: Ligue 1 MOTW Round 20

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tough decision this week and I can't decide.

As such, I present you a super 2 header monster :

Lens-Rennes, Saturday, 9:00 PM Paris time
and
Lyon-PSG, Sunday, 8:45 PM Paris time

On one hand two of the most spectacular teams in L1 with Lens and Rennes. Should be an absolute treat with both teams fighting for 2nd place.
On the other hand, Lyon PSG is usually very eventful and Lyon HAS to get out of the dumpster. PSG is PSG, not much teamplay but insane talents.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's a matter of who replaces him. Zidane is very very heavily rumored, but if he doesn't want to come now, Poch is safe. If ZZ is ready now, a defeat would seal Poch's destiny.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Awful decision to send Schneiderlin off for a tackle, studs not up, got the ball way before the Brest player, no excessive force.

One of the most ridiculous straight red I've ever seen. Use VAR FFS.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Gouiri with a G and A and Nice wins away despite being unfairly left to 10 men most of the game.
They're back to 2nd in the standings.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Not the best ad for French football, but I'm glad Lyon didn't end up winning because they played really negative football. On the bright side, Bruno Guimaraes looked great, MOTM for me, and on the not so bright, Aouar and Cherki looked like French Adamas, all dribbling, no resolution. PSG had too many passengers, I think I saw Wijnaldum touch the ball twice all game. Icardi was useless as well. When Pochettino put the kids in the speed of PSG's game increased dramatically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad