Ligue 1 2017/18

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The ref overall had an easy game.
He had two decisions to make : an easy penalty for Amavi stopping the ball with his hand and that Ocampos dive that warranted a yellow and nothing else.
Instead he butchered the two decisions in favor of OM. Incredible.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Anyway, let's not forget the 4th ref who managed to see, just like everyone that 3-4 minutes were spent clearing the corner for a Neymar kick earlier, yet there are only 4 minutes of stoppage time... :laugh:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Nice FK but that was never a foul though. Dive by Cavani.

Also Mandanda. Looked like he was scared he was going to hit the crossbar with his head or something? Looked like making the save and then just stopped.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Anyway, let's not forget the 4th ref who managed to see, just like everyone that 3-4 minutes were spent clearing the corner for a Neymar kick earlier, yet there are only 4 minutes of stoppage time... :laugh:
That was revolting. glad Marseille didn't get the win.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I've seen players getting sent off for much less. Even though Ocampos obviously embellished, it's still a yellow for Neymar 10 times out of 10.

The irony is that Neymar would have acted the same.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Much less? You can't foul much less. He didn't slap, he didn't push, he just went straight to him, Ocampos jumed to the ground.
Thing is, the ref was 20 centimeters away and looking at both. He CAN'T imagine there was any force in Neymar's action and thus can't be fooled by Ocampos's actions.
It's ridiculous and will be enticing for other players to do the same and fool the ref. I could understand when action is away and ref is fooled. But here he wasn't. He saw Ocampos hit Neymar from behind AFTER the Sarr foul and the whistle. That alone is borderline red. Then the dive... sigh...
If Neymar gets a yellow on this, Ocampos has to get a red for the two actions.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
First he needs to finish the U17 WC.
But he'll get time IMO because Lyon has no CF backup behind Mariano. He's bound to, he's too good.
Aouar is slowly easing into a starting spot over Depay.
Memphis wants his spot back.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah great game by him. Unfortunately, Aouar was still better in this game (but played at 8).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah great game by him. Unfortunately, Aouar was still better in this game (but played at 8).
This can only be good for Lyon though. If Memphis puts his head down and makes use of his talent their attack is great, and the videos I've found of Aouar typically have him playing as an 8.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
When everyone's healthy, Aouar is played on the left wing and Depay is on the bench.
Aouar can play both with ease.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Memphis looks pretty great in here. Not sure why you'd want him on the bench if he plays like this. Everywhere has him as MotM (though you say Aouar).

Funny watching Mariano and Maolida try and take the penalty from Memphis when he earned it (twice on the same play really) and is on a hattrick. Cheeky penalty and wink though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He looked great in this game but Aouar was the best player on the pitch. Depay got the MOTM because of his hattrick.
I don't want him on the bench, I'm just telling his current status, though this weekend's game certainly helped him.

Mariano had no business taking that penalty since Depay is the designated shooter.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Just FYI if you were wondering he prefers to go by Memphis and it's why he changed his name on his shirt as well because he doesn't like being associated with his father who left his family when he was very young. I know a lot of people still refer to him as Depay but eh.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think there's a difference between actively not wanting to be associated/called a name and just not feeling connected to it. One has resentment (it would seem) and the other is just apathy. But yes I'll use Dele moving forward as I'd never really looked into the reasoning/heard it.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
PSG havin an easy night against Nice so far. Cavani with two, both assisted by Di Maria. Second assist was a beauty.

Have to say though, the Nice goalie didn't look very good, on both goals.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Fekir with already 2 goals in the first 20 minutes.
He already has 9 goals and 3 assists this season. In 10 games played.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Whilst the results for Marseille have been good, it's still sad to see Maxime Lopez's playing time reduced so much. And since the guys in front of him aren't old, can he reasonably expect to be a starter during the next few seasons either. One season with only half the games probably won't derail his progress, but he needs to be a first choice somewhere come next season.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Whilst the results for Marseille have been good, it's still sad to see Maxime Lopez's playing time reduced so much. And since the guys in front of him aren't old, can he reasonably expect to be a starter during the next few seasons either. One season with only half the games probably won't derail his progress, but he needs to be a first choice somewhere come next season.

He hasn't been good at all this season. He supposedly broke out last season, he has a great set of skills, but needs to show more to get back in the lineup, specially that the team is winning. Thauvin is the star of this team right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00