Ligue 1 2017/18

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He has been bad indeed when he has played this year.
There's something I don't understand in what is asked of him however. Play low, instead of playing higher on the pitch and be that offensive dynamo.
The 3 men midfield of Gustavo, Lopez and Sanson should have worked IMO. Instead, Lopez has been asked to play defensively, Sanson has ben put on the bench, etc...
Fortunately, Sanson has worked his way onto the starting lineup with goals and assists (even sometimes played at wing). Lopez OTOH, has not.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Memphis is really bouncing back well after being benched. MotM performance against Everton and another goal after that. Hopefully he's finally settling down and putting his considerable talents to work. If he can mature a bit I think he'll be massive. Between him and Promes the Netherlands have two very potent attackers.

I hope Liverpool have been keeping an eye on Lyon. Would be happy to have Memphis, Fekir and Aouar down the road.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't get your hopes up.
From all reports, he's starting some shit in the lockerroom and insiders claim Lyon want to dump him at the next winter break.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Don't get your hopes up.
From all reports, he's starting some **** in the lockerroom and insiders claim Lyon want to dump him at the next winter break.
That's disappointing; though I'd like Klopp to take a chance on him anyway. Can you link me to an article on this? I could only find stuff about his recent goals and his coach saying he's come into form since being dropped and is working hard in training.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Montreal Impact have hired Remi Garde as their new manager.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Two W in a roll for Lille and they are out of the relegation zone for now. Thiago Mendes has been a beast for them. Scored a beauty today. On the other hand, Thiago Maia and Araújo struggling (kinda expect as they are 20 and 21 while Mendes is 25).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
One man team it is, no Fekir, no cigar for Lyon. 0-0 at home against Montpellier and absolutely no creativity.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Power struggle has found a winner in Lille. Bielsa is suspended before being fired most likely. After two straight wins and clear progress in the team's play. Too bad Campos and Bielsa couldn't get along, that could have been a legendary combo.
Can't see a coach in the market who would be as great for young players.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Didn't they just lose to one of two teams that was behind them in the table which dropped them into relegation?

You're incredibly hard on Emery but Bielsa...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Because Bielsa is a mad genius.

Btw official story is he got suspended for visiting a friend in chile without the permission of the team. What a stupid reason to suspend him. (Friend has cancer) smh

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Because Bielsa is a mad genius.

Btw official story is he got suspended for visiting a friend in chile without the permission of the team. What a stupid reason to suspend him. (Friend has cancer) smh
Yeah read that. Hopefully it's not true.
Worth saying that Bielsa suspended two players this week for being late at practice. Again, that's power struggle.

As for comparing Emery with Bielsa... sigh...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lille seems to be living their post-Biela life very well... :sarcasm:
0-3 after 30 minutes. And all the progress on the field seems forgotten.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fekir with already 2 goals in the first 20 minutes.
He already has 9 goals and 3 assists this season. In 10 games played.

I'm still a little pissed that BMG were unable to woo him this past summer. Having Fekir join Stindl, Raffa & baby-Hazard would've left the BMG attack in as beautiful a place moving forward as their midfield & CBs...hopefully they can convince Eggestein or Arp instead...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Could it get much worse than losing 3-0 to Amiens? Not much to unlearn there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Could it get much worse than losing 3-0 to Amiens? Not much to unlearn there.
It could because they actually were good against Amiens. Opponents just pounced on their chances while Lille didn't.
Here tonight at Montpellier it could be 6-0 at hafltime.

In fact, Lille were winning 1-0 at Amiens when there was a collapse in the stadium. Game was replayed, but that was unfair to Lille who not only had the injured fans but were winning convincingly.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon killing it right now. 4-0 at Nice, not even halftime.
Fekir is sick, but Cornet has been excellent and Mariano and Depay seem to have worked out their differences (I heard Depay came back from his latest benching with another attitude).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Monaco-PSG right now.

Draxler starting in midfield again (Rabiot at 6). Assisted on Cavani's goal.

Cavani's stats are starting to be crazy.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Another MotM for Memphis as the one man team Lyon somehow manage to scrape out a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->