Rumor: Lightning trying to use draft picks to move bad contracts

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019
[Q The tax thing is way over played. First of all the state income tax average in the US is under 5%. Secondly players are not exempt from paying higher taxes outside of their own state. So somebody playing in Florida or Texas or Nevada only gets that luxury for just over half of their games. Also people don’t realize unless you live in Florida like I do that we have amongst the highest sales tax in the country and property taxes are also much higher than average

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019
Wasn’t Johnson already waived with no takers?
No one is taking him for free at that salary.
That’s not necessarily true. He had an extra year in his contract when he was waived last season. Also teams were struggling financially without knowing when hockey was going to be played again. Circumstances are a little different now.

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019
So tou
Palat is 30 years old,Killorn will be 32 in September.Gourde will be 30 in December.Why again should the Kings give assets for the others as their not competing for a Stanley cup for at lease two to three years?Arvidsson is only 28...
So you’re logic is you would rather have 4 years of good rather than 2 years of better with Stanley Cup resumes

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
Thread title should be changed to "offer your worst proposal for Tampa's good players"

I was thinking

"Come all ye vultures! Pick over the corpse of the cap bloated Lightning!"

or maybe

"Dr. Brisebois, or how I learned to stop worrying about the cap and love the Cup"

either way

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Danult is a much better player than Killorn, Palat and Gourde. If these guys were that good, they'd be traded by now

Says who?

You?

I'm going to back away from the keyboard.

You have a nice night.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Lol, Danault is 10x beyter defensivelly than any of those guys, and will grt you 40-50pts in the process.

Making sure tue other team can't score and you'll win the game. The 3 guy named above are overpaid for whay they bring to the table.
No he’s not, don’t be ridiculous. He has similar numbers to Johnson.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I was thinking

"Come all ye vultures! Pick over the corpse of the cap bloated Lightning!"

or maybe

"Dr. Brisebois, or how I learned to stop worrying about the cap and love the Cup"

either way

I like your alternatives better, much more creative

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
So tou

So you’re logic is you would rather have 4 years of good rather than 2 years of better with Stanley Cup resumes
No Señor,two years of better Stanley Cup 'isn't going to help the Kings rebuild,but 4 years of the right young pieces will.Thank you Señor for playing.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
I would expect Columbus to get involved in this. The owner has given JD/Jarmo permission to use the cap space. Palat, Johnson and the rights to Blake Coleman to CBJ for Tampa's first round pick (from Savard trade) and Gabriel Carlsson. That's over 10M in cap space for Tampa and Columbus gets quality and the chance to sign Coleman. I don't know.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would expect Columbus to get involved in this. The owner has given JD/Jarmo permission to use the cap space. Palat, Johnson and the rights to Blake Coleman to CBJ for Tampa's first round pick (from Savard trade) and Gabriel Carlsson. That's over 10M in cap space for Tampa and Columbus gets quality and the chance to sign Coleman. I don't know.

I'd do that deal but it depends on who Seattle picks in the ED. If they take Gourde or Killorn then we don't need to trade Johnson and Palat. If they take a cheap contract like Joseph, Colton or Foote then this deal makes more sense.

Damifino

Dec 23, 2013
FL Keys
Lol when you're dealing with zero leverage, you're not getting a 1st for a guy....

If there are multiple teams interested in these guys (which I am sure there are) then whoever gets them will have to pay market value or lose out to the other bidder. The only time when there is no leverage is when there are no takers (last year's scramble to move Johnson.... but that worked out pretty good, wouldn't you agree?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad