GDT: Lightning @ Hawks espn + 7pm 11/16/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
In fairness, alot of announcers have mixed up Bedard and Johnson. Their numbers are pretty similar.
Its an understandable mistake but im already annoyed that i had to stream this game since its on ESPN+ so I plan on being hypercritical of every mistake they make.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Korchinski just opens it up. He actually moves his feet. Seth just f***ing stands there like a statue.

Bingo. He took alot of bad habits from the old core the Hawks had here. They never moved their feet on the power play. Just stood there and passed it to Kane who stick handled stationary and waited till a passing lane opened up.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Tampa bay is very good with stretch passes. They've hit a few real good ones that sprung guys on the rush.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Tampa's lack of effort looks to me like a team who knows every game 4+ have been going in for a while. While they are aging I also think they're coasting until Vas is back.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Tampa's lack of effort looks to me like a team who knows every game 4+ have been going in for a while. While they are aging I also think they're coasting until Vas is back.
Vasi being back will help them a lot. Elite goaltending can mask a lot of inefficiencies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Mrazek has been great all season, he says its the first time in 5 years he has been healthy. Might stick around a bit longer than anticipated if this keeps up

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Mrazek has been great all season, he says its the first time in 5 years he has been healthy. Might stick around a bit longer than anticipated if this keeps up
Nah if he has value at the TDL, move him. Keep stockpiling picks.
Add to Sam Rinzel what they got for taking his contract.

Reactions: clydesdale line

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Vasi being back will help them a lot. Elite goaltending can mask a lot of inefficiencies.
It’s going to take him a decent amount of time to completely ramp up even once he’s back playing. Missing camp and the first couple of months means he’ll be playing catch up the whole season. I wouldn’t be so sure that they get elite goaltending out of him this year

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
It’s going to take him a decent amount of time to completely ramp up even once he’s back playing. Missing camp and the first couple of months means he’ll be playing catch up the whole season. I wouldn’t be so sure that they get elite goaltending out of him this year
Also back injuries are harsh, who knows how flexible he is when he returns.

If that was Tampa’s desperation period after a bad start and no goals in two games.. then they are f***ed.
As long as they finish 11th Idc.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Nah if he has value at the TDL, move him. Keep stockpiling picks.
Add to Sam Rinzel what they got for taking his contract.
If Mrazek continues to play like this then absolutely you sell him to Edm, Buff, Tor etc...

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Carolina at this point would probably want Mrazek back.

For all the drafting and elite analytic front office that team has, they can never get goaltending right. Might as well get a guy you know already.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Imagine if Vas tweaks his injury upon return and Tampa finishes bottom 10.

Do we get their 2026 1st unprotected? If so, that's a year you'd expect them to really fall off the rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad