Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7055.jpeg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So they have re-called Filip Roos and "non-rostered" Zaitsev forctonigh's game..

What does "non-rostered" mean?

=not to IR...not onwaivers...not on 23 player max. Roster...

So whatvexacltvis his "statis"..

The reason given was for "personal reasons"...

Do they mean he is sort of suspended until whatever the personal issues he is leaving for are resolved(health issues?Family issue?)...we can only guess because no detailed explanation was given for this "non-rostered" status..

Have not heard of this status before...He is non-rostered but does he still get paid?
THIS HAS got to mean hecisxoff tge cap books till he is rostered restored.

Very strange...the Hawks beat writers need to find out and tell us more on tge why and the implications of this.

Is he expected back after sone tome "out"?

Will he be available tovtrade before tge trade deadline?

Strange happenings.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
So they have re-called Filip Roos and "non-rostered" Zaitsev forctonigh's game..

What does "non-rostered" mean?

=not to IR...not onwaivers...not on 23 player max. Roster...

So whatvexacltvis his "statis"..

The reason given was for "personal reasons"...

Do they mean he is sort of suspended until whatever the personal issues he is leaving for are resolved(health issues?Family issue?)...we can only guess because no detailed explanation was given for this "non-rostered" status..

Have not heard of this status before...He is non-rostered but does he still get paid?
THIS HAS got to mean hecisxoff tge cap books till he is rostered restored.

Very strange...the Hawks beat writers need to find out and tell us more on tge why and the implications of this.

Is he expected back after sone tome "out"?

Will he be available tovtrade before tge trade deadline?

Strange happenings.
No they don't. Fans have zero reason to know what the personal reasons are that would cause to be non-rostered.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We do not have the right to know all the details of personal reasons for a non-roster status...However they could tell us if this is is hockey- related affecting his work ability orif is for family reasons.. We do not need to know the exact details but just the category to explain this unusual move which is a leave of absence whoch is a term teams have used in past situations of there is family issue..If it is something else involving only him.. again we do not needto know the exact issue..but we should at least get a narrowing down of the category for such a leave...otherwise it leads to wild speculation and that would be terrible lingering cloud on the player and the eam.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
See other thread, 2023-24 roster thread. It's a CBA thing, the commissioner has the power to approve/investigate if they thought a team is trying to circumvent roster limits, which is probably pretty unlikely when the Hawks already have a defenseman on IR and now have 2 defensemen called up from the AHL. The main reason you'd try to circumvent roster limit is if you didn't want to risk putting somebody on Waivers. Basically the whole Hawks Defense is Waiver-Exempt, so they'd get basically no benefit in doing that when they could just scratch Zaitsev if they are itching hard to get Phillips or Roos in the lineup.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Such a dilemma game when it comes to maximizing draft capital....root for the Hawks to lose so their own first remains solidly in the mix for top 3 pre-lotto pick or hope to pile on to a skittering Lightning with a 4th straight loss to push the value of their pick we hold higher. Kidding aside....a result in regulation is best when it comes to watching pick value...and hoping Bedard and the kiddie D's play well which is ultimately all that matters this season.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Such a dilemma game when it comes to maximizing draft capital....root for the Hawks to lose so their own first remains solidly in the mix for top 3 pre-lotto pick or hope to pile on to a skittering Lightning with a 4th straight loss to push the value of their pick we hold higher. Kidding aside....a result in regulation is best when it comes to watching pick value...and hoping Bedard and the kiddie D's play well which is ultimately all that matters this season.
I care less about the Hawks draft position. The roster is bad enough that it will take care of itself. Win the game.

Right now Tankathon mock has the Hawks getting Catton and Yakemchuk. Yes please.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I just root for a Bedard 3 point game and a 4-3 Hawks loss in regulation every night. This season is just so much about Bedard (and I guess Korchinski) getting comfortable at the NHL level, nothing else comes close to mattering as much as his development. Every second he's on the ice is entertainment enough

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I just root for a Bedard 3 point game and a 4-3 Hawks loss in regulation every night. This season is just so much about Bedard (and I guess Korchinski) getting comfortable at the NHL level, nothing else comes close to mattering as much as his development. Every second he's on the ice is entertainment enough
Don't forget Reichel as well. This season is all about Bedard, Reichel and Korchinski

Reactions: shakes the clown

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
This schedule is so crap and there are such long gaps between games as of late that I'm honestly taken aback at the realization that the Hawks are playing on a given day.

And I honestly have to wonder how many don't watch streaming-only games, not from a lack of access but from a lack of willingness to watch an objectively inferior viewing and browsing experience.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
This schedule is so crap and there are such long gaps between games as of late that I'm honestly taken aback at the realization that the Hawks are playing on a given day.

And I honestly have to wonder how many don't watch streaming-only games, not from a lack of access but from a lack of willingness to watch an objectively inferior viewing and browsing experience.

Loving all the matinees coming up in the next two weeks. Think we have 3 in 9 days.

Going to the game tonight and I'm excited to be able to guilt-free root for wins without hurting the tank for the only time at home this season.
Yes, it’s a given that you are allowed to root for the team when you go in person and that doesn’t affect your spot on the tank bus. I’m 2-0 in the building this year, but I promise to not go to too many more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad