GDT: Lightning @ Hawks espn + 7pm 11/16/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
This team were no shows tonight...notvthere mentally or physically and with no purpose or energy..

I do not know if thisxwas worse than rge Arizona no show game ..but clearly they just did not put out tonight.

Indeed this was Bedard's worst game ...it is one thing g to say they defended him wel..but theveyextest says hevjustcdidvnit have any energy tonight..He just did not compete...Even if you shut him down defensiveky no excuse for him not to compete without the puck.. He just was not moving well...no energy to comoetevi pucks.

But you canot blame justchim the entire team exceot for Mrazek and maybe Dickinson was bad tonight.

The score was flattering...Hawks never contested from the drop of the puck in period 1.

They not only disappointed the home fans who paid big bucks towatch this no show..but they proved only frustration not entertainment...Tgey let TB play them on a string...

While most of the Hawks pkayed very poorly,if I had to give out the 3 bums of the night for special dis-honour it woukd be:

#1 Bum of the night = Bedard.
#2 Bum of the night= Tyler Johnson
#3 Bum of the night = Foligno

Notice I did not not single out any of our dnen...none plyed that well on D ...but they got no support from our forwards who failed all over the ice and especially in our D zone...
It was a bad game for this team...maybe LR has to go back to puck battle drills I practices.. because nobody want to battle to get pucks off TB players ...so they owned us on puck possession.

Too many guys without energy or purpose tonight.
A bad bad game..Our players have to own it ,else will repeat too often.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Another close loss, five of our nine losses have been close

The next four games will be interesting…NAS BUF CMB and TOR(first game back on NA soil)

Honestly the Blackhawks could be 9-9 after 18 games

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
They're lucky to be getting good goaltending from Mrazek. A lot of these games are close in score only.

He's actually playing very well so far this season. Last year Stalock outplayed Mrazek and this year Mrazek has been outplaying Soderblom.

I still can't see how this team doesn't finish bottom 5 in the league. They just don't have enough talent on the roster at the moment.

Jimmy2Times

Oct 24, 2019
Onto the next. Worst game I think I've seen Bedard play yet.
He was a no show last night. But if we're counting on an 18 year old for us to win most nights it's going to be a long year... the rest of the team no showed as well minus Mrazek and a couple of the slugs on the 3rd/4th lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bedarded and TLEH

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Trying to figure out what Richardson has done to teach these guys anything defensively that they wouldn't have figured out on their own with literally any coach. 15 shots with last change at the NHL level. SJ won two of their 3 games when they had less than 20 shots.

I'll take dump and chase at this point since they're so bad in the corners, at least they're doing something useful for a few more shifts in the offensive zone.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Tough game

-Bedard was a no show
-Richardson couldnt get the top line away from Point and Kucherov
-Mrazek was steady
-Entwistle played well
-Reichel needs to shoot the puck but at least he has the puck a bit more.
-Murphy played well again
-Cernak is a beast

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
He was a no show last night. But if we're counting on an 18 year old for us to win most nights it's going to be a long year... the rest of the team no showed as well minus Mrazek and a couple of the slugs on the 3rd/4th lines.
How no show had a lot to do with coaching. Could not get his line away from the Point line which resulted in them being hemmed in the d zone every shift

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Trying to figure out what Richardson has done to teach these guys anything defensively that they wouldn't have figured out on their own with literally any coach. 15 shots with last change at the NHL level. SJ won two of their 3 games when they had less than 20 shots.

I'll take dump and chase at this point since they're so bad in the corners, at least they're doing something useful for a few more shifts in the offensive zone.
At least he’s not Colliton lol

Reactions: hockeydoug

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Vlasic was our only D to be +...hexwsz+1..

The fact he got flied by by Point and Hegel ...well tgeycare fast skaters and do that to lotscifcdmem..but this was not the usual dman is in position facing the rusher situation that usually Vlasic excels at stopping....I think in one of these he had just rushed ltgevpuck ck into the TB zone but Hawks coukd not keep it in...he had to rush back to try to get in position in our zone but really could not get the energy tobgetvtobactop soeedxn a back-cjeck situation...Either he was tired fron hisvown did not have enough speed to get to a cut'--pff angle (and as I recall he was on the right side (TB left wing side anyway.. so I do not know where our RD was ...must have been on our LD side.. so none of this should ever have happened if our RD had just played his own side properly and not forced Vlasic to go over to his wring side to cover ...I believe both the Point and Hegel fkybpast Vlasic events were both on the TB LW side......so sonething is about why Vlasic was forced to covervontgecHawjs RWxside ...I wish our dmen would stay in position 9n their own sides ...

In any case tge only situation that Vlasic was on forcacgoakbagaibstcwas when Hawksxwere killingva penalty.. So at evens,nothing Vkasic dod cost us a goal...

Hakoon

Oct 11, 2018
I don't care. I'm an old bastidge, I'm just pissed because I couldn't see the game on TV. I'd never sign up for anything Disney. Shades of Bud Light marketing

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
At least he’s not Colliton lol
True.. that's my first instinct.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting to see something that says he's definitely an upgrade well into his 2nd season here. I can't really find anything statistically that he's overperforming in more out of anybody than a cardboard box can get.

They score first and are 2 and 5, probably among the league's worst so far.
They've had some disaster games 14 matches in showing they weren't ready to play
The pp is broke as ever well into his 2nd season
Zaitsev is tied for the team lead in goals from a defenseman
Foligno is getting first line minutes still
Entwistle has more shots than the other first line wing (of course mostly because Hall out, but it stands out that Kurashev can't shoot but gets big minutes)
AA fooled PR/KD last year or PR has failed to put AA in a decent spot this year
Jones is playing ridiculous minutes when there are several rookies that could take some of those shifts

etc.

There are some things I like, such as keeping KK on the ice (even though I don't like the deployment) and letting Kurashev and Vlasic take on big responsibility, but I'm left scratching my head most games so far. I don't even mind the Reichel at center experiment.

Here's to hoping this is just "part of the process" for Richardson's design and not a hot mess waste of most of the year for many of these kids.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Tough game

-Bedard was a no show
-Richardson couldnt get the top line away from Point and Kucherov
-Mrazek was steady
-Entwistle played well
-Reichel needs to shoot the puck but at least he has the puck a bit more.
-Murphy played well again
-Cernak is a beast
For a number 13-15 forward, he's been better than I was expecting. Not sure if that reflects well on him or if I just had the bar set too low. For his limited role, he's been fine and usually better than his opposite 4th line wing.

Reactions: BHawk21

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Vlasic was our only D to be +...hexwsz+1..

The fact he got flied by by Point and Hegel ...well tgeycare fast skaters and do that to lotscifcdmem..but this was not the usual dman is in position facing the rusher situation that usually Vlasic excels at stopping....I think in one of these he had just rushed ltgevpuck ck into the TB zone but Hawks coukd not keep it in...he had to rush back to try to get in position in our zone but really could not get the energy tobgetvtobactop soeedxn a back-cjeck situation...Either he was tired fron hisvown did not have enough speed to get to a cut'--pff angle (and as I recall he was on the right side (TB left wing side anyway.. so I do not know where our RD was ...must have been on our LD side.. so none of this should ever have happened if our RD had just played his own side properly and not forced Vlasic to go over to his wring side to cover ...I believe both the Point and Hegel fkybpast Vlasic events were both on the TB LW side......so sonething is about why Vlasic was forced to covervontgecHawjs RWxside ...I wish our dmen would stay in position 9n their own sides ...

In any case tge only situation that Vlasic was on forcacgoakbagaibstcwas when Hawksxwere killingva penalty.. So at evens,nothing Vkasic dod cost us a goal...

Please try using this fiddy

Reactions: clydesdale line
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad