GDT: Lightning at Wings, October 14

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Red Wings dominated, not in the scope board. Don't recall seeing Kostin. Veleno was good, Raymond was good, game was fun to watch. Larkin was best player on the ice . Everyone played hard , play offs stile.

Reactions: Filppula

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Was that the name of one of the refs in the NJ game, that called 6 penalties and every 50-50 icing or offsides call against the Red Wings? Because that's an odd coincidence, there's a player from NJ with the same name.

LA has a player named Jack Hughes too to be fair so it's a pretty common name :sarcasm:

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
I think Perron should sit. Bring in Berggren to take his place.
Berggren can not succeed in his role. Perron is now on the 3rd line and the first PP. He protects the puck well and can win on the boards. he supplements the top PP in this fashion, until someone can do that job better, he deserves that spot on the team. Burgers gets crushed in board battles.

Reactions: DatsDeking

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Berggren can not succeed in his role. Perron is now on the 3rd line and the first PP. He protects the puck well and can win on the boards. he supplements the top PP in this fashion, until someone can do that job better, he deserves that spot on the team. Burgers gets crushed in board battles.
Raymond. Done.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
How does everyone like the new goal horn? It does sound different
It sounds a little different, but I think part of that is because we're no longer listening to a .mp3 of what the JLA horn sounded like.

I've read some folks say it sounds like the Panthers horn, but I don't hear it. The Panthers horn has a higher pitch.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
It sounds a little different, but I think part of that is because we're no longer listening to a .mp3 of what the JLA horn sounded like.

I've read some folks say it sounds like the Panthers horn, but I don't hear it. The Panthers horn has a higher pitch.

It sounded more similar to Minnesota's imo.

And last night was probably the closest to a Playoff atmosphere as ive seen it since the Wings moved to LCA. Like mentioned before in this thread, this a revamped Red Wings. The passes looked nice and crisp, we finally have a legit goal horn thats nice and loud, the goal song is a nice touch and im sure will annoy other fanbases. And its nice to see Yzerman address holes in the lineup, having guys like DeBrincat and Sprong who have no hesitation to shoot the puck is much needed.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
It sounded more similar to Minnesota's imo.

And last night was probably the closest to a Playoff atmosphere as ive seen it since the Wings moved to LCA. Like mentioned before in this thread, this a revamped Red Wings. The passes looked nice and crisp, we finally have a legit goal horn thats nice and loud, the goal song is a nice touch and im sure will annoy other fanbases. And its nice to see Yzerman address holes in the lineup, having guys like DeBrincat and Sprong who have no hesitation to shoot the puck is much needed.
Crazy how we swapped from too conservative but good defense to a fun scoring team with some issues to iron out defensively. I'd rather take the offense. Really exciting couple of games to start the year.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Crazy how we swapped from too conservative but good defense to a fun scoring team with some issues to iron out defensively. I'd rather take the offense. Really exciting couple of games to start the year.
I remember a lot of blowouts not that long ago. I think the defense is largely the same as it was, but the offense now has a pulse to help keep things afloat.

I'd guess that this year and probably next year will be kinda like this. Between growing pains of existing players, bringing Edvinsson along, and swapping out a veteran or two, they'll get there. But it'll take some time.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019

I think this is quite typical for start of the season.

Defensive structure is nowhere to be seen on either side, I think it's still up in the air what style Lalonde will have the Red Wings play.

Last season Wings scored 8 goals in the first two games, just one fewer than what they have done this season. Two seasons ago they scored 9 goals in first two games.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
The last time they were this deep at forward was 2010. Not 2009 finalist strong, but 3 deep with a solid 4th.

Chiarot and Ghost or Holl go bye bye and we get a journeyman 8th with Edvinsson as the 2nd pair guy is a major improvement.
Chiarot +0 - Ghost +2 with 2 assists in 2 games - Holl +2
I'm not sure they are a problem at this time. Maybe later but not now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad