GDT: Lightning at Wings, October 14

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I've gotten to an age where if a crowd is drunkenly chanting a song I immediately hate it.

I know you love your Wolverine fandom but they ruined "Mr. Brightside" for me, haha. I don't know if they were the first to do that but they were the first I saw do it.
Ok, I’m with you here. I hate that they adopted that song at the Big House, them singing that song is like nails on a chalkboard to me. And I also agree on crowds just song-chanting in general.

Reactions: FabricDetails

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
You can really hear the pain in Newsy's voice as he talks about getting better at clearing the zone.

Reactions: Sentinel

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I don’t mind it too much, but I’ll never not cringe on the South Detroit part, and how everyone enjoys screaming it.

Although it was made better when I started imagining a boy raised on a houseboat permanently anchored in the Detroit river, staring at the skyline lights every night, believing he’s a “city boy.”
I may have a false memory on this, but I swear that song was initially used to be clever after 2 playoff wins (we're halfway there)

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So far this team seems like those TV shows where the guy is dating the crazy girl, but the sex is good so he ignores the craziness.

Half the time this defense can't seem to get past the first line on an eye chart...but 9 goals in 2 games is a lot of fun.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Stevie, what will it take for you to ship out one of these crap vet D and get Ed up here anchoring the second pair? We do that, we can be a real problem. This team will only goes as far as they can surviving the vet D stinking the joint up.

This is the best collection of forwards the Wings have had in a while, like nearly a decade long while.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
So far this team seems like those TV shows where the guy is dating the crazy girl, but the sex is good so he ignores the craziness.

Half the time this defense can't seem to get past the first line on an eye chart...but 9 goals in 2 games is a lot of fun.
...I should call her...

• Haha
Reactions: odin1981

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Stevie, what will it take for you to ship out one of these crap vet D and get Ed up here anchoring the second pair? We do that, we can be a real problem. This team will only goes as far as they can surviving the vet D stinking the joint up.

This is the best collection of forwards the Wings have had in a while, like nearly a decade long while.

The last time they were this deep at forward was 2010. Not 2009 finalist strong, but 3 deep with a solid 4th.

Chiarot and Ghost or Holl go bye bye and we get a journeyman 8th with Edvinsson as the 2nd pair guy is a major improvement.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I may have a false memory on this, but I swear that song was initially used to be clever after 2 playoff wins (we're halfway there)
You may be right, but that song is Livin on a Prayer by Bob Jovi ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad