GDT: Lightning at Wings, October 14

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Chiarot plays well early season then finds a comfort zone and start sucking. We'll see how long it lasts.
I'm not optimistic about him either. But early returns suggest that this will be his first chance in this town to play with a respectable offense. So we'll see.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Ottawa owned Tampa tonight. We suck again
The Sens-Wings game on Saturday will be the first actual indication of where things are heading imo. It should be pretty obvious that probably only the frontrunner of the Buffalo-Ottawa-Detroit group will have a shot at a playoff spot.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
turns out having a shoot first player is allowing other players on the team think, hey, good things happen when you take a shot, i'll do that too!

Looking at you raymond.

The petry/chiarot pairing is just not doing it. They both want to pinch at the same time, leading to all of the breakaways or big chances. Petry's physical presence is nice, but he is not young, so when he pinches and get's stuck, he can't skate out of it any it's annoying to watch.

The pure happiness in Larkins face when DBC buried that breakaway was a beautiful sight to see. He has been waiting for a pure goal scorer for awhile it seems. That line was buzzing all game...who knew when you put a scoring possible elite scoring winger on his wing, things open up a bit 🤷‍♂️

That stamkos goal on the rush was rough for husso...think he might want that one back.

All-in-all, our offense has shown to be able to hang with other elite offenses in these past two games. it looks like we can score...the problem is, we are supposed to be a good defensive team and we aren't at all.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What is with Maatta playing so little and being scratched in Game 1? As well as why all of Petry, Chiarot and Holl have played both?

Chiarot just pisses me off with how many times he carries the puck, and then he will carry it over center and dump it in to nobody about 95% of the time. It is like he thinks this is some magically awesome play or something. Holl looks like he is skating in mud and Petry is both slow and has taken 3 stupid penalties in 2 games.

Also though Kostin might get a chance here, but Lalonde has played him 6 minutes a game so far.

I do like how most of the team is playing through 2 games, just really not liking the blueline usage thus far. I also think that Husso lets too many softish or weakish goals in, especially when Seider is on the ice. That Stamkos goal wasn't that great of a shot and I think he should have stopped it.

Sprong really had 6 shots on goal, eh? Goddamn. In less than 14 minutes too.

I think he will become both a love and hate player for us. Right now the bounces are going his way and he is playing good, but I also think there are going to be stinker nights from him.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The Sens-Wings game on Saturday will be the first actual indication of where things are heading imo. It should be pretty obvious that probably only the frontrunner of the Buffalo-Ottawa-Detroit group will have a shot at a playoff spot.

After Toronto, there are no sure PO spots in the Atlantic. With injuries and retirements its not out of bounds to suggest at least 2\3 of Florida, TB and Boston DNQ and
2\3 of Detroit, Buffalo and Ottawa make it. Long season ahead and all teams throughout the EC have depth issues.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
After Toronto, there are no sure PO spots in the Atlantic. With injuries and retirements its not out of bounds to suggest at least 2\3 of Florida, TB and Boston DNQ and
2\3 of Detroit, Buffalo and Ottawa make it. Long season ahead and all teams throughout the EC have depth issues.
A fair take. But Ottawa deserves nothing less than seeing a Debrincat hat trick in person.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think he will become both a love and hate player for us. Right now the bounces are going his way and he is playing good, but I also think there are going to be stinker nights from him.
Pretty much what happened in Seattle, he got puck luck early season and the fans loved him. The coach, not so much. As soon as the puck stopped hitting the net he got benched.

I watched him as a Cap and Kraken, so far though his effort level is higher than I've ever seen. He might fair better with the Wings than previous teams, he's not on the 4th line so Lalonde must like him at least a little. Aside from Copp, Compher, Raz and DBoss, everyone else is a bit of a liability defensively, so that does give him an opportunity to shed his reputation.... we'll see.

Reactions: Oddbob

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I don’t mind it too much, but I’ll never not cringe on the South Detroit part, and how everyone enjoys screaming it.

Although it was made better when I started imagining a boy raised on a houseboat permanently anchored in the Detroit river, staring at the skyline lights every night, believing he’s a “city boy.”
That's a fair assessment, I have always just imagined they were referring to Toledo.

Reactions: jaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad