GDT: Lightning at Wings | February 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Raymond's working hard to get in the lineup for his bobblehead night.

4-3 Tampa OT win.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Nearly March, and still meaningful games!

ofh6xbe8xv271.jpg

Reactions: Shultzyfeelinirie25

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Oesterle is actually kinda okay when he plays on the right side. Terribad on the left side

Haag is the worst player we've rostered in a long time and that's saying a lot

Agreed. There’s absolutely a serviceable-to-good 6th defenseman available via trade out there. Steve needs to get it done ASAP. This team is a couple missing pieces away from being a legitimate playoff team. Shoring up that last d-man is #1 on the list. Surely we could’ve found a way to snag Orlov without giving up a 1st. Nevertheless, there’s 30+ guys out there I’m sure he could acquire to make it a plus move.

As far as the forwards, I’ll just say this. If Raymond is healthy, I want to see both Vrana and Berggren out there. Sit Veleno, Sunny, Zadina, Suter.. in that order, before you bench these guys.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
I am not a big fan of trading for an expensive elite defenceman which is going to ruin our salary cap structure when we already have one in Grand Rapids(Edvinsson) ready to be called up whose salary cap is under our control at least for a few years. Stevie has done a good job of adding depth in the offseason and judiciously waiving players which were not picked up so we don't really need to give up young prospects for depth players either.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
I am not a big fan of trading for an expensive elite defenceman which is going to ruin our salary cap structure when we already have one in Grand Rapids(Edvinsson) ready to be called up whose salary cap is under our control at least for a few years. Stevie has done a good job of adding depth in the offseason and judiciously waiving players which were not picked up so we don't really need to give up young prospects for depth players either.

That’s assuming Ed is ready, and I hope he is. But if not, you cannot go into this playoff hunt/run with Hagg/Oesterle @ 6D.

Doesn’t need to be an elite defensemen. Is serviceable too much to ask?

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Should be a Playoff atmosphere tomorrow. Saturday night game agains Tampa, much needed points on the line. Lets go Red Wings!

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Just wanna give a shout out to Stevie for getting this team into this type of position. It’s taken a few years, however, you gotta give it to Stevie. He’s made some bold moves and signed some players that has helped this rebuild tremendously. The Red Wings weren’t even close to this level last year and years before that with Stevie at the helm. He’s been patient, private in his work and has focused on whats needed to succeed in this league without any distractions. When there has been distractions, he’s made sure to keep it in house and push forward. Seeing what’s he’s had to deal with during his first few years, ridding bad contracts and terrible signings, I’m confident he’s on the path to take this team to the next level. Not on a level where they compete for 2-3 years and fade out. I truly believe he wants to build and build this franchise into a dominant team for years.

Now go get Meier and have a day!

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Woke up this morning and the team was in a playoff spot and we are almost March. Been quite a while since the last time the team was in this position.

Will be a very interesting next few weeks with the trade deadline quickly approaching and this super tight playoff race.

One thing is certain though: nobody likes Tampa so let’s hope for a big Win!!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Oesterle is actually kinda okay when he plays on the right side. Terribad on the left side

Haag is the worst player we've rostered in a long time and that's saying a lot

I actually think Oesterle is only good when he is with the safety of Maatta and the good start of Walman. Otherwise he is scary out there too. Hagg is scary no matter what, and Lindstrom who is safer than either of them as far as taking chances has really sucked this year.

I is a little anxious about this one. Tampa seems due against the Wings. Hope the Wings are feeling super greedy.

I think if we face Elliot, we have a good chance of win, if Vasi plays I think it will be a loss. Elliot really seems to suck against us.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I was hoping to see a line with Berggren and Vrana, or at least Vrana and Zadina together. I wonder who Vrana is rotating in for? Someone on the 4th line? That's not the right place for Vrana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad